Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who got their interview scheduled should go to the interview unless they get the notification that its cancelled.
Question is when the visa number will be requested from the state department. Answer is that the visa officer request the visa number when you appear for the interview and everything looks good and all the requirements are met. No matter when your date gets current. So if your interview is scheduled on July 3rd and your PD gets current in june or back in april the PD that will be applied is the date when you appear for the interview. So in other words people who got their interview dates after July 2nd 2007 will be asked to reapply when the visa number will become available. I may be wrong but this is my experience and I noticed the same thing with others too.
Dont loose hope. This is completely a mess and very good example of a system thats totally crashed.

Good Luck.

Kamrans,
I know my self and rammy are worst hit by this.Since our interview is already sceduled can we submit the docs in VFS and go for the interview or automatically they cancel the interview?

Please advise.

Judex,
See my response in other post and you will get the answer. I am really sorry for everything thats going on here.

Good Luck.

from HLG:

Any overseas Consular Processing case will now not be acted on until October 1, provided that the October Visa Bulletin shows a priority date earlier than one's priority date. If you received a Visa Appointment date, we expect that the appointment will be revoked; but thoeretically the DOS could have already accounted for those appointments. Therefore HLG strongly urges Beneficiaries to present to their appointment.

i've checked my interview appointment at Embassy Manila(website), my case is still there... hope they don't cancel it and still have a visa for those who has appointments...

kamrans,

does this mean when your PD gets current on June VB, then you have an interview appointment in july also will be canceled?

Thanks Judex and kamrans for yoru replies.

I824 has not been approved yet. My concern is both of us had applied CP on Sept unfortunately I changed mine to AoS on Oct. Now I feel I should have never changed to AoS. After filing I824, we recieved the mail from NVC with the case no starting with KDUxxxxxxxxxx.

My AoS application has been approved in May, 07. i just don't know what is going on with my wife case. and how long is the wait period. When I called NVC, they told me that I have to start new process for my wife since I changed from CP to AoS. But my lawyer says we have I824 filed so we don't need to file new applicaiton. I am just too confused at this time....

When i called TSC last time, out of no where the rep told me that the case was forwarded to the Consular office. I even sent email to them and got reply saying file hasn't reached there.

It seems the lawyer i am using has never done I824 case before. Has anybody gone through same procedure?

I hope someone got the answer .....

After the approval of I-824 (FTJ) USCIS sends the cable to the concerned consulate for further action. Sometimes consulates send the packet 3.5 based on that cable to the beneficiary and most of the times the beneficiary has to send the documents to the consulate for further action.
Is your I-824 approved?. If not then wait for the approval and if its approved and they havent contacted you then you need to contact them and send them the required docs for further action. This process will take 3-4 months depending on the consulate.

Good Luck.

Finally I found someone who is in similar boat.

Let's share the information. It will be helpful to both of us and many more people who may go thru same situation (i hope none has to go thru this pain)

Good Luck followontojoin

Hi,
I have filed 485 with EB3 in July 2003 and priority date July 2002. I could not file for my wife and kids AOS during my AOS filling. I have filed I 824 AS follow on join for them in 2004.
My GC finally apporved and got the card this month. 1824 filed has not been moved for my family.
I have called USCIS AND REQ. them the STATUS and they said yes it should have been apporved and will back to me with in 45 days.
I have seen a LUD changed on one of the case , but status remain same ( as before ).
My question to experts in the forum
1) when will I824 will get approved once my GC has cleared last month ( June 2007)
2) Waht is the process after i824 clering in these case ? Like should I need to go for Info pass to move my case to chennai cosulate ?
3) What all the documents needed for my family in case they need to go Indian consultate for gc ?
4) How long the toal process takes ?

I know this is long mail as I have no much Idea and not seen lot of information on the net and I am req. exp. people in the forum and your help is higly appreciated.
thanks
Puskar

Hi,

I called chennai last night.They said they have no information about retrogassion at all and asked me to send the link where i have seen.

I called all the consulates and none of them were answering the phones except chennai.

Our last date to submit the docs is 9th July to VFS office.So should we submit the docs ?I am totally confused .rammy any thoughts ....

Thanks,

RM,
Thats the other reason,I didn't bother to call them last night. Last month when I called them they didn't know about Visa date movement..for a couple of days.
There is nothing we can do at this point of time. So Just get the documents ready and assume that the interviews will go through...

Thats what I am doing. The only thing that is left is the passport police clearance.
And they are applying for it.

One more thing is, Two days are over in this month and people had interviews at various consulates, If something had happened
some one would have .. posted it somewhere.. So Just do what we need todo and hope for the best..

Hi,

I called chennai last night.They said they have no information about retrogassion at all and asked me to send the link where i have seen.

I called all the consulates and none of them were answering the phones except chennai.

Our last date to submit the docs is 9th July to VFS office.So should we submit the docs ?I am totally confused .rammy any thoughts ....

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
c mmom rmoo1 dont waste any minute
i have been reading thru all websites
what they planning to do is block i 485 submission
i dont know the facts but kamran is right about visa no allocation ,my friend had interview in last oct and when he went back with additional documents, visa no exhausted and he is still waiting ,now on eb3,
i strongly believe that all who are waiting on line for cp will get visa in couple of months according to our pd,i am expecting it on august, pd eb3 oct 2005
those who are crying back is one who had their wife with them third day of marriage, in h4 not even completed couple of years in usa, if uscis recieve those i 485, they all will be given each ead and ap,so uscis want to clear back log in cp,first then to start taking i 485 from first october 2007,does it make any sense to any of you veterans seniors any input is much appreciated
dont listen to hammond law group much,they never told us priority date going to be current in july,

thanks nj ..

rm and rammy - i am sorry for ur interview mess up guys ! keep hopes and work on it.. u will get it...

kamrans & others ...

i got reply email from chennai consulate - they r saying my gc has the 'residence since' field as 10/13/2004 .. and if it is incorrect they are askign me to contact uscis change it and get back to them with sufficient proof ....

ok.. i talked to murthy office yesteday - they r giving me appointment on friday ... but with a condition that... they will only do the consulting ...and will not / cannot help me further since they are already flooded with h1 and 485 issues !!! i am confused... why to go with them.... or can i check rajeev khanna !!! guys can u suggest something ...

thanks all - good luck to all ....

Hi Mega,

For me, the residence since field is the date on which my 485 got approved. I took the info pass appointment 2 weeks after the approval date to get I-551 stamp on my passport.

As Kamarns said, it is not your falult and don't loose hope. Sheela Murthy should definately help you in this matter.

Thanks

RM,
Thats the other reason,I didn't bother to call them last night. Last month when I called them they didn't know about Visa date movement..for a couple of days.
There is nothing we can do at this point of time. So Just get the documents ready and assume that the interviews will go through...

Thats what I am doing. The only thing that is left is the passport police clearance.
And they are applying for it.

One more thing is, Two days are over in this month and people had interviews at various consulates, If something had happened
some one would have .. posted it somewhere.. So Just do what we need todo and hope for the best..

rammy,

Are you planning to submit the docs to VFS office by 9th July? I am planning to do the same.Please let me know.also when u apply for the PCC in passport office they will keep the original passport with them.And VFS does not accept the docs with out original passport.

I am trying the best searching at all the forums to find the consular process status but none has updated information.

Since July 4th is a holiday we may get some updates by july 5th.

Bad part is consulates which are responsible for giving the first hand information are asking us for the updates (Very bad part of the system...)

Thanks HBG2001, YOUR help worked out and I got reply from chennai consulate as

"
For following to join cases, we need confirmation of principal
applicant's Legal Permanent Resident Status (LPR) from the United
States
Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). We do not have any
information on your case.
To process the case further, please send the following certified
(attorney or notary) copies to our office.

1. Copy of I-797c of approved I-824 or Copy of I-797c of approved
I-140;
2. Copy of permanent resident's I-551 (better known as green card, both
sides);
3. Complete copy of principal applicant's passport with evidence of
admission as Legal
Permanent Resident.

Also, please include the copies of marriage certificate, visa
applicant's birth certificate, complete local address in India and
DS-230 Part I.'

mY Question is as we do not get passport stamped with green card details now a days, only we have is green card( of course imigarition stamps on passport when you come into this country, still I have not gone out of the country after I got green card.

Is it OK to send passport photo copy with out green card stamp on them ? Rest of detaisl as asked by consulate I have,
your help in this regard is high appreciated
thanks
pu

Thanks HBG2001, YOUR help worked out and I got reply from chennai consulate as

"
For following to join cases, we need confirmation of principal
applicant's Legal Permanent Resident Status (LPR) from the United
States
Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). We do not have any
information on your case.
To process the case further, please send the following certified
(attorney or notary) copies to our office.

1. Copy of I-797c of approved I-824 or Copy of I-797c of approved
I-140;
2. Copy of permanent resident's I-551 (better known as green card, both
sides);
3. Complete copy of principal applicant's passport with evidence of
admission as Legal
Permanent Resident.

Also, please include the copies of marriage certificate, visa
applicant's birth certificate, complete local address in India and
DS-230 Part I.'

mY Question is as we do not get passport stamped with green card details now a days, only we have is green card( of course imigarition stamps on passport when you come into this country, still I have not gone out of the country after I got green card.

Is it OK to send passport photo copy with out green card stamp on them ? Rest of detaisl as asked by consulate I have,
your help in this regard is high appreciated
thanks
pu

You can send a Copy of Green Card. GC is Ultimate proof. I551 stamp in passport expires in on year. It is either Valid I551 Stamp or GreenCard.
Also throw in I485 Approval Notice.
I-140 is important as it establishes your PD, and also your EB category.
GC will have the residence since date, which is needed to qualify for F2J.

followonto join another question

You can send a Copy of Green Card. GC is Ultimate proof. I551 stamp in passport expires in on year. It is either Valid I551 Stamp or GreenCard.
Also throw in I485 Approval Notice.
I-140 is important as it establishes your PD, and also your EB category.
GC will have the residence since date, which is needed to qualify for F2J.

Thanks Rammy and HBG2OO1,
One more question do I need to send I824 recipt notice also ( 824 yet to get approved) ?
Is the photo copy of I140 is enough as I submitted original 140 to uscis when I applied for 485 ?
Do the consulate give green card or just stamp on the passport, when they come to USA - will they get GC ?
As my kids are studing in InIDA , THE can come to USA for short period of time and need to go back.
How much time it takes to get GC either in India ( in case they issue in india)
if not in USA.
thanks
Puskar

Quick question..

Did anybody initiate follow to join directly from the US consulate abroad, by physically going there and showing greencard, in addition to all the other packet 3 documents. (i.e. bypassing the 824 application)

I know it's therotically possible to do this looking at earlier posts(I read all the posts up to page 40 and still reading), but I am wondering whether anybody went thru this process.

If so, details would be appreciated.

Thanks,
- Ardabey

rammy -Update

rammy,

Are you planning to submit the docs to VFS office by 9th July? I am planning to do the same.Please let me know.also when u apply for the PCC in passport office they will keep the original passport with them.And VFS does not accept the docs with out original passport.

I am trying the best searching at all the forums to find the consular process status but none has updated information.

Since July 4th is a holiday we may get some updates by july 5th.

Bad part is consulates which are responsible for giving the first hand information are asking us for the updates (Very bad part of the system...)

rammy,

I was talking to one of the attorney and he was suggesting to submit teh docs and go for interview unless we get an official resposne from them.

He says we should not take decisions on our own and just follow what consualte asks us to do.We are planning to submit the docs on July 9th Monday.

What are ur plans rammy? Do u have any updates???

This is really an injustic on our part .....

Thanks,

rammy,

I was talking to one of the attorney and he was suggesting to submit teh docs and go for interview unless we get an official resposne from them.

He says we should not take decisions on our own and just follow what consualte asks us to do.We are planning to submit the docs on July 9th Monday.

What are ur plans rammy? Do u have any updates???

This is really an injustic on our part .....

Thanks,

RM,
Thats the only possible advice anyone will give. We will just follow the process. my wife will be submitting all the docs on the 9th.
She will be getting the PCC from passport office on Friday.
She will submit the docs on Monday.
We are way over complaining about injustice..,
Injustice is the Curse of not being able to bring our families right away after GC, when every other temp visa holders can bring them in.

So keep faith and hope for the best...
Good Luck...
We will all get there someday..

Rammy...

Thanks Rammy and HBG2OO1,
One more question do I need to send I824 recipt notice also ( 824 yet to get approved) ?
Is the photo copy of I140 is enough as I submitted original 140 to uscis when I applied for 485 ?
Do the consulate give green card or just stamp on the passport, when they come to USA - will they get GC ?
As my kids are studing in InIDA , THE can come to USA for short period of time and need to go back.
How much time it takes to get GC either in India ( in case they issue in india)
if not in USA.
thanks
Puskar

Puskar,
The required document list is posted so many times over and over in this thread. Also in the email you got from consulate they do say that they need a
Copy of I140 Approval Notice or I824 approval or receipt.
Since you have both it wont hurt it you submit them.

And again, you are just beginning the process, everyday you waste you will be behind.. so better send the docs and get the case initiated.

Regarding bringing your kids here in the middle of school year, with the way things are going, god knows they might graduate high school(sorry for being sarcastic) by the time they get called for the interview at the consulate.
But you are way in the beginning to even think about that. Also since no preference visas are available till oct, you might not get an interview
before then and again its a 3-4 months process after that.

Even if they get the GC, there are always Residency conditions you have to meet to keep the GC. Thats altogether a different.. issue.

If it helps these are the docs I submitted for initing F2j in aug 2005

1. Notarized Copy of I-824, Receipt.
2. Notarized Copy of I-797c of approved I-140.
3. Notarized Copy of I-797, of approved I-485, Adjustment of Status.

3. Notarized copy of all pages of my Passport with I-551 Stamp on
Page 21.(I didnt have GC by then,add gc Copy if you have.)

4. Copy of Marriage Certificate and FORM-B (Extract of the Hindu
Marriage Register).
5. Copy of Birth Certificate of my Spouse.
6. DS-230 of my Spouse.
7. Complete Copy of my Spouse’s passport.
(in your case all dependants)

Rammy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Follow on to join, thanks Rammy

Puskar,
The required document list is posted so many times over and over in this thread. Also in the email you got from consulate they do say that they need a
Copy of I140 Approval Notice or I824 approval or receipt.
Since you have both it wont hurt it you submit them.

And again, you are just beginning the process, everyday you waste you will be behind.. so better send the docs and get the case initiated.

Regarding bringing your kids here in the middle of school year, with the way things are going, god knows they might graduate high school(sorry for being sarcastic) by the time they get called for the interview at the consulate.
But you are way in the beginning to even think about that. Also since no preference visas are available till oct, you might not get an interview
before then and again its a 3-4 months process after that.

Even if they get the GC, there are always Residency conditions you have to meet to keep the GC. Thats altogether a different.. issue.

If it helps these are the docs I submitted for initing F2j in aug 2005

1. Notarized Copy of I-824, Receipt.
2. Notarized Copy of I-797c of approved I-140.
3. Notarized Copy of I-797, of approved I-485, Adjustment of Status.

3. Notarized copy of all pages of my Passport with I-551 Stamp on
Page 21.(I didnt have GC by then,add gc Copy if you have.)

4. Copy of Marriage Certificate and FORM-B (Extract of the Hindu
Marriage Register).
5. Copy of Birth Certificate of my Spouse.
6. DS-230 of my Spouse.
7. Complete Copy of my Spouse’s passport.
(in your case all dependants)

Rammy.

Thanks for your information. I understand your frustation. your mail really helps.
One thing is not clear though, you are saying it will take very long to get interview. What I understand from my attorny and forums, once I824 ( which I filed in 2004 Jan which is waiting for GC) approved in US. you can go to consulate and get it ( may be I am wrong). Will it take somany years to get an interview from chennai consulate after principal green card approved.

Present 1824 approval at NSC is Dec2006,Spoke to them on 1800 number, they sent me reply for one of the case that they just got information about my GC approval and will clear with in 45 days"

Kindly clarify, after seeing your mail, I am really frustated as I was under impression that my family GC should not take much time ( of course this based on forums mails and attorney ( both murthy and personal attorny) )

Thanks a lot ! Puskar

Well it wont take long for them to setup an interview if your priority date is current. Priority Date is the Key.
With Visa Bulletin revision as of July 2nd 2007 there are no Visa numbers available for any priority Date till October 07 when the new year begins .
The consulate wont setup an interview if your PD is not current. They will create a Case if you send the documents.
So you have to monitor the Visa Bulletin every month.
Again all depends with what date they open up in October for your EB category.

The advice you have got might be based on July Visa Bulletin, when all PDs were current.

All the people in this group.. have been going through this frustration for years..

Thanks for your information. I understand your frustation. your mail really helps.
One thing is not clear though, you are saying it will take very long to get interview. What I understand from my attorny and forums, once I824 ( which I filed in 2004 Jan which is waiting for GC) approved in US. you can go to consulate and get it ( may be I am wrong). Will it take somany years to get an interview from chennai consulate after principal green card approved.

Present 1824 approval at NSC is Dec2006,Spoke to them on 1800 number, they sent me reply for one of the case that they just got information about my GC approval and will clear with in 45 days"

Kindly clarify, after seeing your mail, I am really frustated as I was under impression that my family GC should not take much time ( of course this based on forums mails and attorney ( both murthy and personal attorny) )

Thanks a lot ! Puskar

Follow on join

Well it wont take long for them to setup an interview if your priority date is current. Priority Date is the Key.
With Visa Bulletin revision as of July 2nd 2007 there are no Visa numbers available for any priority Date till October 07 when the new year begins .
The consulate wont setup an interview if your PD is not current. They will create a Case if you send the documents.
So you have to monitor the Visa Bulletin every month.
Again all depends with what date they open up in October for your EB category.

The advice you have got might be based on July Visa Bulletin, when all PDs were current.

All the people in this group.. have been going through this frustration for years..

Thanks Rammy for all your inputs,
I wish all of you get deserved results pretty soon as we are doing every thing legal and only time ( of course it brings in frustation).
Things in these cases are not stright and attorneys do not have enough knowladge in these cases. If attorny knows all these and adviced me upfront , i would have filed 485 along with me for my family. If IT DISTRUbed kids little bit , i would have brought them here and filed 485.
But any ways PDs will be become definetly current particularly our PD are around 2001,2002.

I got email from chennai again and asked me to send the documents excatly what you hav esaid and they said it will tkae around three months ( max) set up interview if records are enough .
thansk again,
regards and good luck - all our boats soon reach destination.
Puska

My wife has come yesterday without any problem. She was asked to hand over sealed envelope at new immigrants section. Officer at new immigrants sections asked couple of questions such as where is your husband work and live? Thats all. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.