Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
kidd

hi kababayan,

nice to have you here... you need to wait for your GC approval, just prepare for the documents needed for i-824. read from page 100 of this thread, you will learn more about FTJ.

judex

Hi, it's a nice to see a dedicated section for follow-to-join. :)

I am currently in a US with a pending I-485. I just got married in the Philippines last month, and now I'm back here in the US still with a pending I-485. My wife was left behind in the Philippines after the marriage.

Now, our company lawyer told me that I could not concurrently file my wife's GC papers UNLESS she is HERE in the US, and what will happen is that I have to wait until my GC gets approved, and that's the only time I could only start filing my wife's "Follow-To-Join". Is this true? I was hoping that I could start my wife's GC papers processing without having to wait for my I-485 approval.

By the way, what's the difference between "consular processing" and "follow-to-join" processing?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

I am currently in a US with a pending I-485. I just got married in the Philippines last month, and now I'm back here in the US still with a pending I-485. My wife was left behind in the Philippines after the marriage.

Now, our company lawyer told me that I could not concurrently file my wife's GC papers UNLESS she is HERE in the US, and what will happen is that I have to wait until my GC gets approved, and that's the only time I could only start filing my wife's "Follow-To-Join". Is this true? I was hoping that I could start my wife's GC papers processing without having to wait for my I-485 approval.

By the way, what's the difference between "consular processing" and "follow-to-join" processing?

by the way whats u r visa status now, if u r in h1,she can be here with h4,

We are praying for you both kababayan and to all of us here!

I do believe you will be given the visas! Congratulations in advance! Let us continue to wait and see, we will just post whatever good news will come out in the next weeks..

For me and my dependents, we are hopeful for answered prayers for us even with the latest updates,, this is faith in action, in being sure in things we really don't know yet but trusting in our God who truly loves us and wants all of us to be united with our love ones,, God is good all the time!

Let us therefore, keep our peace, and not to worry for the next things to happen, we are all in for a surprise from a very good and loving GOD! AMEN!

GOD BLESS US ALL!

Simala2006

Tks Rammy,
Judex and I have been surfing the net for days for this info. With no info at that time, we had looked forward to good news from my brother who was scheduled for July 6 in London consulate. The minute he stepped out of the consulate he called me and advised me not to worry as they were processed for Immigrant Visa on E-3.

Do pray for Judex and me as we will be having our interviews on July 9 and 10, MNL time. Will post as soon as I have access to internet after the interview:)

Thanks for the support guys! I't nice to know that we have "kabayans" here. :)

Oh ok, so I-824 is the actual follow-to-join form? I just got a bit dis-heartened there because from what I've read, approval of I-824 takes quite some time.

Our corporate lawyer gave me an estimate that it takes 6mos-1year on the average for it to get approved. But based from your experiences here, how long did it actually take (from approval of GC / filing of I-824 ... to the actual approval of the I-824)?

Thanks again for the quick replies. :)

I've been back-reading on this thread and I learned that one of the requirements of FTJ is for me to provide Federal income tax return (ITR) and wage statements (Form W-2s). But my current work arrangement is that, I still receive salary back in the Philippines and pay taxes there. I only receive an allowance here in the US.

How would this impact my FTJ application since I have no ITR and W2s to provide?

Nobody can help you out if its stuck in name check. Not even the congressmen and senators. Only thing you can do it pray. Their system is weired. It can vary from a month to indefinite time. I have seen people stuck in this process for about 2 years and its not over. Give it a good though and soon it will be over. Our prayers are with you.

Good Luck.

Hi, every one,
My wife's follow to join case is pending in Guangzhou consulate. She got interview almost one year ago, then those guys asked her to sumbit more evidence about our marriage. After that, they finished routine name check at the end of 2006. Now her case have been subjected to additional administrative processing for over 6 months. I am very confused with that and sent many emails to ask them to finish that as soon as possible. But feedback is always to let us wait and wait. Do you guys have any idea about that step? What do we should do now? Thanks a lot.

It depends on the consulate. If they have visa slot open then they can do it. Otherwise most of the consulates request for the visa number when the person appears for the interview and all the requirements are met. Updated me when you come back. I wish you good luck.

bisdakdreamer's brother had an interview in London(july 7), they also have FTJ. consul told them that they will rcvd their visa within 2 weeks...

if i will conclude: those who has interview appointments has an alloted visa for them, they are not affected by the retrogression...

please wait for our interview updates on monday and tuesday(bisdak and me).

judex

Update us on your case. I am wishing you both all the best and praying for your visa.

Tks Rammy,
Judex and I have been surfing the net for days for this info. With no info at that time, we had looked forward to good news from my brother who was scheduled for July 6 in London consulate. The minute he stepped out of the consulate he called me and advised me not to worry as they were processed for Immigrant Visa on E-3.

Do pray for Judex and me as we will be having our interviews on July 9 and 10, MNL time. Will post as soon as I have access to internet after the interview:)

Yes you can file 824 for your wife that is follow to join. Consular processing applicants also file 824 but the only difference is that they are principal applicants not the beneficiary. If you are just the beneficiary then you need documents from the principal and show them the ties.
Processing time varies from service center to S.C. Check your SC timelines and you will know.

Good Luck.

I wish all the best to you and all others who are waiting in line.

Good Luck.

I do believe you will be given the visas! Congratulations in advance! Let us continue to wait and see, we will just post whatever good news will come out in the next weeks..

For me and my dependents, we are hopeful for answered prayers for us even with the latest updates,, this is faith in action, in being sure in things we really don't know yet but trusting in our God who truly loves us and wants all of us to be united with our love ones,, God is good all the time!

Let us therefore, keep our peace, and not to worry for the next things to happen, we are all in for a surprise from a very good and loving GOD! AMEN!

GOD BLESS US ALL!

Simala2006

I believe you are having L2 visa that is company transfer. In that case you have to present papers from the home country and whatever you are getting here.

Good Luck.

I've been back-reading on this thread and I learned that one of the requirements of FTJ is for me to provide Federal income tax return (ITR) and wage statements (Form W-2s). But my current work arrangement is that, I still receive salary back in the Philippines and pay taxes there. I only receive an allowance here in the US.

How would this impact my FTJ application since I have no ITR and W2s to provide?

Our thanks are always with you Kamrans!

Again, thanks kamrans, you are always a source of rich and reliable source of strength and support for all of us here! May your wife gets the much needed visa too,,, rest assured you are in our prayers, too!

I think bisdakdreamer is inside the embassy at this time already in our country, to you dear friend, congrats,, and tomorrow, it will be your turn Judex, thanks be to GOD!

Peace to us all!

Simala2006

I wish all the best to you and all others who are waiting in line.

Good Luck.

Follow to Join question

All - I think after reading some of the posts I am a little clearer abt the follow to join process. Just wanted to throw my situation and my plan to see if you all think its viable.

I have filed for my I-485 adjustment of status in June I plan to go to India and get married in August. My future wife can't join me till April on account of some other factors.

Now my plan is in case I dont get an approval by April then get here here on an H4 and then file for Adjustment of status, if I do get an approval then do the follow to join process.

Few questions I have though is how long does this follow to join process take assuming I am applying at TSC and the home country consulate is Chennai. Also is there a way I can do an AOS but and apply for consular Processing for my wife.

Appreciate you help.

All - I think after reading some of the posts I am a little clearer abt the follow to join process. Just wanted to throw my situation and my plan to see if you all think its viable.

I have filed for my I-485 adjustment of status in June I plan to go to India and get married in August. My future wife can't join me till April on account of some other factors.

Now my plan is in case I dont get an approval by April then get here here on an H4 and then file for Adjustment of status, if I do get an approval then do the follow to join process.

Few questions I have though is how long does this follow to join process take assuming I am applying at TSC and the home country consulate is Chennai. Also is there a way I can do an AOS but and apply for consular Processing for my wife.

Appreciate you help.

your best option is h4 , follow to join will take min one year, and all depends on u r pd and retrogression

talked to murthy on my case

Kamrans, nj, rm, rammy and others ...

on my case (brief - my wife's immigrant visa was denied on her f2j interview bcoz of my gc has -residence since- date way earlier than my 485 approval date and also my wedding date ..)

i talked to murthy on friday - i was wondering that she wud somehow tell me any solution or anything more than i expected. But i think she said the same thing which i already know - but atleast i could confirm that that is all i shud / cud do at this time - filing the I-90 form to my service center to replace my gc ! she also gave me a caution that it may take 6 - 8 months .. she also advised me to write a letter strongly stating me and my family is gong thru hardship bcoz of this adminsitrative error !!!

but other thing is - vermont service center processing date for i-90 is july 2006 !!!

also, my family and my wife is feeling enuf of all these things....including me.... so i am planning to send this i-90 form and in 2 months go to india for a while .....

kamrans, but i need to send my gc also along with this....... so please tell me what are all the risks or risk factors of me sending this gc alogn with i-90 !!! let say for any reason if i want to come bak in few months after going to india - for example, if i join in a job and tehy want me to send me to US for a v.short term.. how wud i handle that situation... any idea ....

i am planning to send my i -90 and the letter to uscis in 2 days !!! please advise ...... thanks

thanks nj ..

rm and rammy - i am sorry for ur interview mess up guys ! keep hopes and work on it.. u will get it...

kamrans & others ...

i got reply email from chennai consulate - they r saying my gc has the 'residence since' field as 10/13/2004 .. and if it is incorrect they are askign me to contact uscis change it and get back to them with sufficient proof ....

ok.. i talked to murthy office yesteday - they r giving me appointment on friday ... but with a condition that... they will only do the consulting ...and will not / cannot help me further since they are already flooded with h1 and 485 issues !!! i am confused... why to go with them.... or can i check rajeev khanna !!! guys can u suggest something ...

thanks all - good luck to all ....

Mega,
Before sending I90, I advice you to apply for reentry Permit.
Reentry permit is actually valid for 2 years from the date of issue.
You can apply for reentry permit online and after that you need to send the
supporting docs, and pictures with the printout of the Confirmation notice.
On the application form, you can prefer either the consulate or your US address.
Even the reentry permits are taking a while. I applied in March First week and I didn't get it yet. The processing date right now is Feb.
You have an option of either getting it to your US address or You can say that you want to Pick up at the consulate.

In some cases you can apply for an emergency reentry permit at local INS offices. Call and ask INS Customer Service.
But Dont leave the country without applying for Reentry permit. Legally you cannot apply for it if you are not in the Country.

So before sending the I90 apply for rentry permit.

Rammy.

Kamrans, nj, rm, rammy and others ...

on my case (brief - my wife's immigrant visa was denied on her f2j interview bcoz of my gc has -residence since- date way earlier than my 485 approval date and also my wedding date ..)

i talked to murthy on friday - i was wondering that she wud somehow tell me any solution or anything more than i expected. But i think she said the same thing which i already know - but atleast i could confirm that that is all i shud / cud do at this time - filing the I-90 form to my service center to replace my gc ! she also gave me a caution that it may take 6 - 8 months .. she also advised me to write a letter strongly stating me and my family is gong thru hardship bcoz of this adminsitrative error !!!

but other thing is - vermont service center processing date for i-90 is july 2006 !!!

also, my family and my wife is feeling enuf of all these things....including me.... so i am planning to send this i-90 form and in 2 months go to india for a while .....

kamrans, but i need to send my gc also along with this....... so please tell me what are all the risks or risk factors of me sending this gc alogn with i-90 !!! let say for any reason if i want to come bak in few months after going to india - for example, if i join in a job and tehy want me to send me to US for a v.short term.. how wud i handle that situation... any idea ....

i am planning to send my i -90 and the letter to uscis in 2 days !!! please advise ...... thanks

rammy,

thanks for your response and concerns ...

u know wot - before this visa date rollouts in june - i applied the 131 ... thinking abt going back for a while ...... i think i yet to get any reply or response on the 131 .....thanks rammy for ur detailed reply .......

do u got any idea ...... abt the risks or required things to do/have since i am gonna send the gc ...along with this i-90 ....

thanks again ....

Mega,
Before sending I90, I advice you to apply for reentry Permit.
Reentry permit is actually valid for 2 years from the date of issue.
You can apply for reentry permit online and after that you need to send the
supporting docs, and pictures with the printout of the Confirmation notice.
On the application form, you can prefer either the consulate or your US address.
Even the reentry permits are taking a while. I applied in March First week and I didn't get it yet. The processing date right now is Feb.
You have an option of either getting it to your US address or You can say that you want to Pick up at the consulate.

In some cases you can apply for an emergency reentry permit at local INS offices. Call and ask INS Customer Service.
But Dont leave the country without applying for Reentry permit. Legally you cannot apply for it if you are not in the Country.

So before sending the I90 apply for rentry permit.

Rammy.

God is true to His promises!

My husband just got a text from bisdakdreamer, she got the much awaited visa today,, God be praised forever!

Judex its your turn tomorrow to praise GOD,, amen!

As I said,, congratulations!

i'll post the result when i get an access to the interview. god bless to all...

please include us in your prayers...

judex

Bisdakdreamer: vISA APPROVED

i talk to wella personally... her visa got approved! its my turn tomorrow... need your prayers guys!

judex

My husband just got a text from bisdakdreamer, she got the much awaited visa today,, God be praised forever!

Judex its your turn tomorrow to praise GOD,, amen!

As I said,, congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.