Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi rm101,
Thanks for the reply.
1.Can anyone pl let me know whether we have sent I-864 form to USCIS or NVC, for me it lis ong back I can't able to recall it, my attorney also not able to inform me about this.

2. Can anyone make a guess what sort of documents might went to India Consulate from USCIS or NVC.

3. Apart from the Documents list posted on the Consulate site, any other further documents asked.

4.What sort of Questions asked in interview for FTJ

Hi rm101,
Thanks for the reply.
1.Can anyone pl let me know whether we have sent I-864 form to USCIS or NVC, for me it lis ong back I can't able to recall it, my attorney also not able to inform me about this.

2. Can anyone make a guess what sort of documents might went to India Consulate from USCIS or NVC.

3. Apart from the Documents list posted on the Consulate site, any other further documents asked.

MK,

I have sent 864 to Chennai consulate. I dont remember whether I sent it to USCIS. And, Once the 824 (FTJ main doc) gets approved, the USCIS inform corresponding consulate by CABLE.

Even I am curious about hte FTJ Questions in interview !

Kamrans,

Do you know whether we need to fill our spouse name in the 8,9,10 of I-134. These questions talk abt whether we have already applied for anybody for visa/affidavit or support - In oneway - Yes ! we did apply for our wife already .... so do we need to mention that....?

Though I have Idea what can be written in the 11 (Question abt : intending to make specific contribuitons to the support of ...), do I need to be very specific in something. One more :) ...If u have seen my last post regarding 7. (I am showing 80K /salary + 10 K savings only + 20K property only - will that be good enough)

all,
my dad working on Police clearance certificate in my native .... my wife already took PCC from passport office (if you go by yourself without agent - i am seeing that you can get it done in the same day -atleast in chennai ! ..my wife got it) ... she is going to go for medical ...

how many W2 is required - could any one reply - bcoz now only i checked my old records.... when I sent Packet 3 - I gave 3 years .... from 2002/3/4 since i was sending the pack 3 in 2005 !!!

thanks all,

Last edited by a moderator:
mega 007

YOu will need to provide for the latest taxable year which is 2006. For qs. 8 in I-134, mention your spouse's name.

I am also not sure abt qs. # 10 in I-134. if somebody knows the information please reply

thanks
GC37

I-134

I wrote 'None'. I think we submit visa petion to consulates. Not to USCIS.

-Thanks
HBG2001
mega 007

YOu will need to provide for the latest taxable year which is 2006. For qs. 8 in I-134, mention your spouse's name.

I am also not sure abt qs. # 10 in I-134. if somebody knows the information please reply

thanks
GC37

Mention the petition for your wife there and write in paranthesis that its approved on ..... date.

mega 007

thanks
GC37

I-824 is file with USCIS. This has nothing to do with NVC. USCIS send cable to the consulate and based on that information consulate sends packet 3.5 to the applicant.
All the documents listed in packet 3.5 are mandatory. Other than that bring as much as you can. They will ask for other document if they need it.
Questions are posted million times in this thread. Check the old posts and you will get good idea about it.

Good Luck.

Hi rm101,
Thanks for the reply.

You need to put your wife name in item 8 and 10 not in 9 as this will be the first person you are sponsoring. Check the wordings and you will get it clearly what they are asking.
Yes you intend to provide room and board for your wife for her entire duration of stay in USA with you. There is no need to put some money in there.
Usually they ask for the last year tax return and W2 so they might need it.

Good Luck.

MK,

I have sent 864 to Chennai consulate. I dont remember whether I sent it to USCIS. And, Once the 824 (FTJ main doc) gets approved, the USCIS inform corresponding consulate by CABLE.

Even I am curious about hte FTJ Questions in interview !

Kamrans,

Do you know whether we need to fill our spouse name in the 8,9,10 of I-134. These questions talk abt whether we have already applied for anybody for visa/affidavit or support - In oneway - Yes ! we did apply for our wife already .... so do we need to mention that....?

Though I have Idea what can be written in the 11 (Question abt : intending to make specific contribuitons to the support of ...), do I need to be very specific in something. One more :) ...If u have seen my last post regarding 7. (I am showing 80K /salary + 10 K savings only + 20K property only - will that be good enough)

all,
my dad working on Police clearance certificate in my native .... my wife already took PCC from passport office (if you go by yourself without agent - i am seeing that you can get it done in the same day -atleast in chennai ! ..my wife got it) ... she is going to go for medical ...

how many W2 is required - could any one reply - bcoz now only i checked my old records.... when I sent Packet 3 - I gave 3 years .... from 2002/3/4 since i was sending the pack 3 in 2005 !!!

thanks all,

Thanks a lot. My parents are OK now. She is getting better and I am praying for both of them.
I thank all who prayed for my parents. My wife's process is still not done and I am still waiting. I will post as soon as I get any update.

Good Luck.

Kamrans or any other friend on forum,

I need some clarifications.Can you or some one clarify? Thanks in advance for ur response.

1)I sent the FTJ initiation( Sent all the required docs they asked me) request in 2005 August.I added 824/I 134 as well.

2)My case number got created in the same month in chennai consulate with MDR 2005 XXXXX.

2)They mailed us packet 3 forms (Some reason they did not reach us.When we called them they emailed the forms (DS 230 part 1 DS 2001 (Check list) 2002 (Inerview rediness form and they said 864 is not needed)

3) We filled the froms and mailed them back in the same month.

4) Mean while when we called them they did not acknowledge all they said is wait for the visa number.

5) When i called them last week after a year and half (After dated moved to June 2003).

They checked my file and said they do not have packet 3 and asked me to send again.

6) 3 days back we sent the same forms again DS 230 part , DS 2001 DS 2002

and covering letter and planning on calling them to see they have all the information.

Can some one say did i miss any thing .Just wanted to make sure so that i wont miss the July Bulletin.

Becoz they are not clear in any thing when we call them.Can we go to chennai consulate and meet them in person.If they dont acknowledge correctly?

Thanks and all have a happy long weekend

Please clarify

Thanks a lot. My parents are OK now. She is getting better and I am praying for both of them.
I thank all who prayed for my parents. My wife's process is still not done and I am still waiting. I will post as soon as I get any update.

Good Luck.

I need some clarifications.Can you or some one clarify? Thanks in advance for ur response.

1)I sent the FTJ initiation( Sent all the required docs they asked me) request in 2005 August.I added 824/I 134 as well.

2)My case number got created in the same month in chennai consulate with MDR 2005 XXXXX.

2)They mailed us packet 3 forms (Some reason they did not reach us.When we called them they emailed the forms (DS 230 part 1 DS 2001 (Check list) 2002 (Inerview rediness form and they said 864 is not needed)

4) Mean while when we called them they did not acknowledge all they said is wait for the visa number.

5) When i called them last week after a year and half (After dated moved to June 2003).

They checked my file and said they do not have packet 3 and asked me to send again.

and covering letter and planning on calling them to see they have all the information.

Can some one say did i miss any thing .Just wanted to make sure so that i wont miss the July Bulletin.

Becoz they are not clear in any thing when we call them.Can we go to chennai consulate and meet them in person.If they dont acknowledge correctly?

Please refer http://www.immihelp.com/visas/visitor/i134.html.
It has been mentioned as We need to include spouse in box 10 only for family based petition not employment based petition.
Thanks.

You need to put your wife name in item 8 and 10 not in 9 as this will be the first person you are sponsoring. Check the wordings and you will get it clearly what they are asking.
Yes you intend to provide room and board for your wife for her entire duration of stay in USA with you. There is no need to put some money in there.

Good Luck.

It has been mentioned as We need to include spouse in box 10 only for family based petition not employment based petition.
Thanks.

Good Luck.

Thanks.

Good Luck.

I checked on the status of the I824 we filed back and February and finally on 5/23 it said they mailed out an RFE.. My question is, what on earth could they possibly want?! We mailed them the I824, a letter with my info on it requesting FTJ benefits and copies of all of my fathers documents.. The USCIS is driving me crazy, I mean what in the world could they want next!? I'm so frustrated and fed up with them right now. I guess we'll know next week what it is they need.

Yes I agree that its frustrating but you dont have any other option. RFE means that need some explanation. So there is nothing to worry and as soon as you provide what they need they will approve it. Dont get panic. Why dont you call USCIS and ask them what they need so that you can prepare in advance for what they are asking which may be probably a letter from employer or something you missed in the application.

Good Luck and relax.

I checked on the status of the I824 we filed back and February and finally on 5/23 it said they mailed out an RFE.. My question is, what on earth could they possibly want?! We mailed them the I824, a letter with my info on it requesting FTJ benefits and copies of all of my fathers documents.. The USCIS is driving me crazy, I mean what in the world could they want next!? I'm so frustrated and fed up with them right now. I guess we'll know next week what it is they need.

Qs.3 in I-134

In Qs # 3 in I-134, do we need to put down spouse's name for "Name of spouse and children accompanying or following to join person:" since we have already mentioned above in qs 3 that the affidavit is executed on behalf of the spouse.

thanks
GC37

rm,

I dont see anything that you missed keeping the information which u provided....

I also dont think going in person is an option at all for us .... you cannot go in without any appointment first of all ..... to get appointment i am not sure whether there is one just to check the status of ur application....

I would keep trying often to consulate and follow up or ask ....

Kamrans, gc37, agapatti and all ...

thanks for your answers ....I just sent my I 134/bank statements/copy of pay stubs & w2/emp letter ... thru fedex to India ......

Status
Not open for further replies.