Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please see my answers.

Kamrans, NJBLUE, HBG, rammy, rm and all,

1. Police report needed on which places ?
a. whereever my wife lived from her birth or Police Clearance Certificates from the Passport Office and from The district police office serving the applicant’s place of residence

Since turning 16 years of age must present Indian police clearance certificates from both their district police
station and the local area passport office. Applicants whose passports were issued within six months of
the visa interview may present just the passport office certificate. These certificates are valid for one
year from the date of issuance.

b. Does Police Clearance Certificates from PASSPORT OFFICE - takes minimum 4 days ?
That is what some one mentioned earlier and but on immihelp.com says it only take 1 day if the passport was issued after 1997.

2. Medical report - how long does it take in general to get appointment to the listed doctors ? How many days required to make the report reach Consulate ?

No appointment required for Lab tests in Chennai (that is what they told me).
Yes we need to get the appointment of the doctors. They said we need to bring the original passport, one photograph and appointment letter when go for the test. I have told them we do not have the appointment letter yet and asked them is the case# would be sufficient to take tests? Luckily they said the case# would be fine.

3. I 864 .... I have already submitted when I filed packet 3. Do I need to file again now ? (It's mentioned that we need to submit 864 If we have not done before)

My understanding is that this form is not applicable for EB category.

4. Regarding the Employment Letter, My employer insisted me to contact theworknum.com. (I did & got one - online - we can printit out... not all employer do this.... but worknum.com has 25000 employers as clients !! strange but make some sense ..)Is that good enough ? Or do we need to for sure get the employment letter from the Employer Specifically ?

Pay stubs and w2 should be fine and the following mentioned in their website.

For follow-to-join applicants in the employment
preference visa categories, the principal applicant must submit a notarized affidavit of support (form
I-134), a job letter or pay stubs, and forms 1040 and W2 for the latest taxable year.

5. I 134 – I read in the doc that we need to file this – right ?

Correct, we need to submit I-134.
I am confused in what else and what all the documents that I need to send .... I would appreciate all your help !

Please check the link below.

http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/uplo...J5t5S5pI4CQ/Information_for_IV_applicants.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Simala! :) I got a text from Bisdakdreamer, She will have an interview on July 9, 2007...

Bisdakdreamer's PD is Sept. 4, 2003 and her Interview Appointment is July 9.
My PD is Sept. 24, 2003 and my Interview Appointment is July 10.

Bisdakdreamer did not contact the embassy, she also just got the appointment date Online(US Embassy Manila).

For those cases under Embassy Manila, Check your interview appointment date online from the 16th to the 22th of the month. Don't check once, check everyday from that dates. Hope this helps...

I'll update this thread from time to time, mean while, I'm enjoying my vacation with my lovely wife :) I miss her so much!

Judex

Congratulations Judex! As I posted before, you will have the good news for your answered prayer the month your wife will be here, and this is May already,,, I just know it, God said so.. hehehe,, all glory be to our GOD!

And for all of you out there, the new posts from our co-threaders, let us join in thanking God for these answers are here for us,, well for me, I know it is coming for my dependents too,, the reason I am just reading all posts and joining with you in thanking God also for all answers to your prayers. He is truly faithful and good all the time! Lets continue to pray! Bisdakdreamer, yours is coming next...congrats...

Godbless us all,

Simala2006

Hi,
I am seeing that some people are mentioning about bank statments but it is not mentioned in Packet 4 forms.
Can any one tell me what are the documents required to submit to VFS for FTJ interview in chennai consulate?
And, What documents do we need to carry as backup to interview?

Thanks for your help.

Get info pass appointment and ask them about the status of I-824. I believe it should approve soon. Did you check the timeline within the processing dates of your Service center.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the response. I will try calling them first and I will get info pass appointment.

The processing date for the Texas Service Center is Oct 14, 06 and the application date was Oct 31, 06.

After going thru few earlier postings, i emailed to consular section in Kathmandu, Nepal regarding the proceeding and they replied I824 needs to be approved.

Thanks again

Congrats to everyone who got interviews.
Chennai Consulate is the only consulate who didn't schedule the interviews beyond June:)..

Anyways based on the news of everyone getting scheduled.. I am feeling optimistic...

what is the difference between I864 and I134 they both look like similar documents.

Does anyone have a sample police Clearance certificate? Just the text would do fine...

Congrats to everyone who got interviews.
Chennai Consulate is the only consulate who didn't schedule the interviews beyond June:)..

Anyways based on the news of everyone getting scheduled.. I am feeling optimistic...

what is the difference between I864 and I134 they both look like similar documents.

Does anyone have a sample police Clearance certificate? Just the text would do fine...

rammy,

In our case (Follow to Join) there is no need to file 1864 only 1 134 is needed while going for the interview.There is no specific format for police.May be our friends on forum may post soon one they have.

Also ur PD is in 2002 right?My PD is also in 2002.I too got any email saying interview will be sceduled in July 2007.

Did u already called chennai and confirmed that ur case is all set to scedule an interview ???Becoz when i called they said they dont have my Packet 3 info and asked me to resend me.Please make sure that form our side nothing is missing.

July Bulletine is on June 10.So we need to make sure that we dont miss that bus.

We are very much there friend just matter of another 1,2 months ...

Good luck

Please check the response below:

Kamrans, NJBLUE, HBG, rammy, rm and all,

1. Police report needed on which places ?
Where ever she lived for more than 6 months.
a. whereever my wife lived from her birth or Police Clearance Certificates from the Passport Office and from The district police office serving the applicant’s place of residence
b. Does Police Clearance Certificates from PASSPORT OFFICE - takes minimum 4 days ?
I dont know if you need clearance from passport office. Usually its from Police.

2. Medical report - how long does it take in general to get appointment to the listed doctors ? How many days required to make the report reach Consulate ?
Usually its a week.
3. I 864 .... I have already submitted when I filed packet 3. Do I need to file again now ? (It's mentioned that we need to submit 864 If we have not done before)
In FTJ cases its always I-134 until or unless requested by a consulate.

4. Regarding the Employment Letter, My employer insisted me to contact theworknum.com. (I did & got one - online - we can printit out... not all employer do this.... but worknum.com has 25000 employers as clients !! strange but make some sense ..)Is that good enough ? Or do we need to for sure get the employment letter from the Employer Specifically ?

Why dont you get both?. Unless its really hard to get one from the employer.

5. I 134 – I read in the doc that we need to file this – right ?
I-134 is for FTJ and for family based immigrant visa you need to file I-864. Some consulates demand I-164 instead of I-134.

I am confused in what else and what all the documents that I need to send .... I would appreciate all your help !

Please check the response below:

Thanks a lot Kamrans and NJBLUE ....

Yes, I think this Police Clearnce certificate form Passport office is told to be required in the req. document. Yeah ! my employer said they stoped giving any employment information after transfering the respondibility to theworknum.com. I think the one which I print it from their link shud be good enuf. cach u guys later ....

rammy,

In our case (Follow to Join) there is no need to file 1864 only 1 134 is needed while going for the interview.There is no specific format for police.May be our friends on forum may post soon one they have.

Also ur PD is in 2002 right?My PD is also in 2002.I too got any email saying interview will be sceduled in July 2007.

Did u already called chennai and confirmed that ur case is all set to scedule an interview ???Becoz when i called they said they dont have my Packet 3 info and asked me to resend me.Please make sure that form our side nothing is missing.

July Bulletine is on June 10.So we need to make sure that we dont miss that bus.

We are very much there friend just matter of another 1,2 months ...

Good luck

Rm Thanks.
I called them last night and it went to the answering machine.

when I mailed them I specified the PD and Case number etc in the email.
I am still doubtful and will call and confirm tonight.

my PD is Apr052002 so we are not that far behind. I didnt submit I134.
I am just getting the stuff ready one by one..

Thanks for the support .. with patience and hep from everyone we will all get there ... sooon...

Rm Thanks.
I called them last night and it went to the answering machine.

when I mailed them I specified the PD and Case number etc in the email.
I am still doubtful and will call and confirm tonight.

my PD is Apr052002 so we are not that far behind. I didnt submit I134.
I am just getting the stuff ready one by one..

Thanks for the support .. with patience and hep from everyone we will all get there ... sooon...

rammy,

My PD is just one week ahead of you.Hope fully we both will make in July list.
Today only we sent the packet 3 again.Its always better to reconfirm becoz they dont tell us any thing untill we ask them.

Thanks,

Kamrans, any thoughts on this?

Hi,
I am seeing that some people are mentioning about bank statments but it is not mentioned in Packet 4 forms.
Can any one tell me what are the documents required to submit to VFS for FTJ interview in chennai consulate?
And, What documents do we need to carry as backup to interview?

Thanks for your help.

Deadline

Thanks Kamrans,
I will follow your advice. VFS is the agency which collects documents on behalf of U.S consulates in India. I already sent notarized I-134 to my wife. According to Mumbai consulate website all documents including medical reports need to be submitted to VFS no later than 7 working days prior to interview(in our case that would be 23rd of May). My wife's interview is on June 4th and as of Monday 21st she has not got interview letter from consulate. The hospitals on Mumbai consulate list informed my wife that without Interview letter they would not conduct medical test. I sent an e-mail to consulate and waiting for their reply.

HGB2001
I am not sure what VFS is but if this is first point of contact then submit all the documents to them and verify the process. You dont need to send the duplicates. Yes I-134 needs to be notorized.
You can print out the online bank statements and send it to them. Your wife can do it. Scan I-134 from here and ask your wife to print it and present there. In the mean time send all the originals through FedEX and it will reach there with in a week.

Good Luck.

Concise checklist of sponsors docs

Thanks Kamrans,
I will follow your advice. VFS is the agency which collects documents on behalf of U.S consulates in India. I already sent notarized I-134 to my wife. According to Mumbai consulate website all documents including medical reports need to be submitted to VFS no later than 7 working days prior to interview(in our case that would be 23rd of May). My wife's interview is on June 4th and as of Monday 21st she has not got interview letter from consulate. The hospitals on Mumbai consulate list informed my wife that without Interview letter they would not conduct medical test. I sent an e-mail to consulate and waiting for their reply.

HGB2001

Kamrans/NJBLUE & All,

I just thought i would list the concise checklist of docs which we need to provide to our spouse as sponsor .... please add if anything else to be ...

1. Copy of Pay stubs - Few (may be last 2 months)
2. Copy of W2 - last year
3. I-134 Filled and signed by sponsor (which is us) - [Will just the scanned copy sent to our spouse is okay ? or original to be couriered ? ]

Please update if you think anything else got to be added what we need to send.

HBG2001, Since the interview date is already scheduled ...and u r looking now to get hte medical report done (why they are so specific in interivew letter in hospital for the medical report - i dont know why these people are doing this when consulate itself is okay for us to appear for interview without the letter - Hence why sending email and wait - I would suggest - try try try calling them and getting them the answer .... you dont want to run out of time)

rm and rammyrammy, - fyi, my PD is Aug 2002 ... my spouse interview is scheduled in 19th June in Chennai consulate .... just thought of updating u if u have not noticed by anychance .... talk to them and speede up....

thanks all.

Thanks Kamrans,

HGB2001

Hi,

I would suggest you to print the June month appointment schedule and take it to the Doctor's office if you did not get the appointment letter.

Thanks

Kamrans/NJBLUE & All,

I just thought i would list the concise checklist of docs which we need to provide to our spouse as sponsor .... please add if anything else to be ...

3. I-134 Filled and signed by sponsor (which is us) - [Will just the scanned copy sent to our spouse is okay ? or original to be couriered ? ]

HBG2001, Since the interview date is already scheduled ...and u r looking now to get hte medical report done (why they are so specific in interivew letter in hospital for the medical report - i dont know why these people are doing this when consulate itself is okay for us to appear for interview without the letter - Hence why sending email and wait - I would suggest - try try try calling them and getting them the answer .... you dont want to run out of time)

rm and rammyrammy, - fyi, my PD is Aug 2002 ... my spouse interview is scheduled in 19th June in Chennai consulate .... just thought of updating u if u have not noticed by anychance .... talk to them and speede up....

thanks all.

Also 1040 for the current tax year.

Wife's GC - Can I file 485?

Hi,

I got married in March 2005.

I applied for I485 in April 2004. My GC was approved March 2006.

My wife is now in US since December 2006 on H1B.

Will I be able to file her I 485 directly as a derivative of my GC?

Pritam

mega007,
Packet 4 says you need to show bank balance letters as a supporting document of I-134.
When I sent e-mail to consulate I forgot my wife's case number. The consulate replied back asking my wife's case number. I replied and waiting to hear from them.

-Thanks
Kamrans/NJBLUE & All,

thanks all.

NJBLUE,
Thanks for your suggestion. VFS told my wife to submit whatever documents she has now and take the rest to consulate. But even to submit documents we do not have appointment letter. My wife will take printout of appointment sheet to VFS and see if they accept documents. I will ask my wife to contact hospitals again and see if the same is acceptable.
Thanks
HBG

Hi,

I would suggest you to print the June month appointment schedule and take it to the Doctor's office if you did not get the appointment letter.

Thanks

Kamrans/NJBLUE & All,

HBG2001, Since the interview date is already scheduled ...and u r looking now to get hte medical report done (why they are so specific in interview letter in hospital for the medical report - i dont know why these people are doing this when consulate itself is okay for us to appear for interview without the letter - Hence why sending email and wait - I would suggest - try try try calling them and getting them the answer .... you dont want to run out of time)

thanks all.

Mega thanks for updating.
This is how frustrating it gets when people are insensitive about our problems.
I just got off the phone and the lady argued with me that the PD for E3 is now May 2001. Obviously she is not aware of the latest visa bulletin also.. not aware of the fact that appointments are already being released for the new bulletin. I tried to explain to her as patiently as I can. but still she is mentioning that my date is not current and I have to wait. I asked her is there someone else i can talk with but of no use. She want me to send a detailed email. Now i don't know if she is the only clerk or i have to call some other time.....

what I guess is your date of application is ahead of mine and thats the reason.. u got scheduled b4 me. Please confirm that(I sent F2J application in August 2005)..
The response i got for my email is that my Interview might be in July...

Anyways I will send another email.. and see what response I get.
One thing I am sure is that my PD is properly listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.