Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advice Needed

Freinds,
Your advice is needed. My wife's interview is on June 4th at Mumbai . VFS office will be closed on May 28th according to their Website. My questions are

Whom do we submit I-134 to? To the consulate or to VFS?

Is it necessary to notarize I-134?

VFS site says all documents including I-134 need to be submitted to them at least 7 working days in advance which means, in my case, by 23rd May. I ordered Bank statements only yesterday. I live away from my home in a different state. I hardly have time to get the bank statments to where I live, notarize I-134 and send to India. One of the previous FTJ person who had successful interview at Chennai consulate mentioned that Indian consulates now accept non notarized I-134. I am attaching the word document which I downloaded from this site. Please share your expereinces. Your replies are appreciated.

-Thanks
HBG2001

Hi mega007,

Yes, I remember you. My wife’s appointment date is on 06/18 and we have not received the appointment letter yet.

Do we need to submit documents in VFS, if we *do* *not* get the appointment letter? Or it is other way round.

I hardly have any time and need to collect lot of documents.

NJBLUE,

Your document submittal in VFS does not depend on whether you received ur appointment letter or not. If you check the web link chennai usconsulate - you can easily figure out i guess. tomorrow only i am going to spend more time and If I come across something useful / sharable, I will share with you and other friends .... keep up...

Freinds,
Your advice is needed. My wife's interview is on June 4th at Mumbai . VFS office will be closed on May 28th according to their Website. My questions are

VFS site says all documents including I-134 need to be submitted to them at least 7 working days in advance which means, in my case, by 23rd May. I ordered Bank statements only yesterday. I live away from my home in a different state. I hardly have time to get the bank statments to where I live, notarize I-134 and send to India. One of the previous FTJ person who had successful interview at Chennai consulate mentioned that Indian consulates now accept non notarized I-134. I am attaching the word document which I downloaded from this site. Please share your expereinces. Your replies are appreciated.

-Thanks
HBG2001

Hi,
May be you should submit non notarized I-134 first and submit the notarized copy when your wife attend the interview. I'm sure you have a valid reason for not submitting non notarized copy as it as you only came to know about it yesterday and the consulate did not even send appointment letter right?

Also you do not need to bank statements to notarize I-134 (if at all you are thinking that way).

Thanks

NJBLUE,

Your document submittal in VFS does not depend on whether you received ur appointment letter or not. If you check the web link chennai usconsulate - you can easily figure out i guess. tomorrow only i am going to spend more time and If I come across something useful / sharable, I will share with you and other friends .... keep up...

Hi,

Yes, you are right it is easy to guess but VFS guys told me that I should go to consulate directly when I called them yesterday.

You also mentioned in your earlier post that consulate asked you to come to consulate with all the documents. So I'm confused and wanted to clarify this with you.

Also, is it 10 working days or calendar days ?

Thanks for getting back to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did any of you applied for Police Clearance Certificates in Passport Offices?
Any Idea how long they will take?
Do we have to send the Original Passport? or copy of it?
My wife is in Canada since feb. Do I have to get one from Canada also?

Guys who got the interviews please start working on all the required Documents from now particularly NJBLUE...:))

http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/uploads/images/nCuNsiulII6J5t5S5pI4CQ/Information_for_IV_applicants.pdf
This is the link on CHennai Consulate for Packet 4 Checklist.

Yes friend, I need to rush now and some one mentioned earlier that passport office will take 4 days to process the reuqest. I guess it all depends where you apply for it.

Thanks

Some info

Hi Friends,

Medical

I have called Lister METROPOLIS Laboratory, Chennai yesterday and they said I do not need the appointment for the tests. We should go before 10.30 inorder to get the reports on the same day. Their phone#91-44-4205 5555 (first called them on 2822-2561 and they gave me this number)

PCC

For PCC in Hyderabad, we need to show them original passport and address proof and then only they will give you the application form.After that you need to pay the fee in the bank and submit the receipt along with the application form. So it is better to apply for the PCC first before applying for it in the Passport office as the passport office will keep your passport.

I will keep you posted and please share your experiences as well.

Thanks

My wife's interview date is set on Jun 15th in Chennai consulate (my PD is Apr 2002). So, submitting documents to VFS is hard and fast rule? Can we take them at hand to the consulate? Is there a definitive list of documents that we need to submit to VFS and consulate? This thread has grown so long that its pretty hard to search. So if any one has it handy can you post it again?
It would be great since we have a list of interviews queued up for June.

BTW, my wife earlier (in 2005) had a PCC from Chennai passport office, will that work or should she get a new one again? My wife is already living in the US (6 months), so can I get a PCC from the local consulate, as going to India and getting it and submitting to VFS will take time.

For people who didnt get interview letter, when I called the consulate they said it'll take atleast a week to get it. It also depends on which address you gave in India.

My wife's interview date is set on Jun 15th in Chennai consulate (my PD is Apr 2002). So, submitting documents to VFS is hard and fast rule? Can we take them at hand to the consulate? Is there a definitive list of documents that we need to submit to VFS and consulate? This thread has grown so long that its pretty hard to search. So if any one has it handy can you post it again?

BTW, my wife earlier (in 2005) had a PCC from Chennai passport office, will that work or should she get a new one again? My wife is already living in the US (6 months), so can I get a PCC from the local consulate, as going to India and getting it and submitting to VFS will take time.

For people who didnt get interview letter, when I called the consulate they said it'll take atleast a week to get it. It also depends on which address you gave in India.

Hi,

I think we need to submit the docs in the locl VFS centers and it is clearly mentioned in Chennai consulate website. So it is better to submit what ever documents you have at that time.

I think the police certificates are valid only for 1 year or so. It is safe to get them again.

Please check this link for the list of docs that required.
http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/uplo...J5t5S5pI4CQ/Information_for_IV_applicants.pdf

And you will find the following in the above link.

If you wish, you may submit your documents at the Consulate on the day of the visa interview, but YOU
MUST pay the courier charges at a VFS office no earlier than fifteen (15) working days and no less than
ten (10) days prior to your interview at the Consulate. You are strongly urged to submit your
documents to a VFS office at the same time you pay the courier fee. Failure to submit all available
documents to VFS may result in a delay in the processing of your case.

Thanks

Police Certificates

Instructions in Packet 4 say police certificates are valid for 1 year!

-Thanks
HBG
Hi,

I think we need to submit the docs in the locl VFS centers and it is clearly mentioned in Chennai consulate website. So it is better to submit what ever documents you have at that time.

I think the police certificates are valid only for six months or so. It is safe to get them again.

Please check this link for the list of docs that required.
http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/uplo...J5t5S5pI4CQ/Information_for_IV_applicants.pdf

Thanks

Employment Letter/Payslips

NJBLUE/ Others,
As you know we have to submit letter from Employer or pay slips as a part of required documents. I have been working as an independent contractor (1099 as opposed to W-2). If you are 1099 you do not get pay slips. Will letter from employer alone be sufficient? Suggestions from any one in same situation are welcome. Others pl. respond if you have some idea.

-Thanks
HBG2001

I got an Interview Appointment

Thank God!

I got an IA on July 10, 2007! I faxed the US Embassy Manila last May 16. Then I checked today for the appointment date, surprise!, I got it! That was fast!

Thank you guys(I don't need to mention the names, you know who you are!) I need to prepare myself for the Interview...

Judex :)

When you get 1099 you get a paper from their accounting department mentioning that this is 1099 and at what rate they are paying you this money.
The letter from employer and that stub should be sufficient. Also you can show the bank statement showing the direct deposit or deposit through the check from your comany verifying your statements.

Good Luck.

NJBLUE/ Others,
As you know we have to submit letter from Employer or pay slips as a part of required documents. I have been working as an independent contractor (1099 as opposed to W-2). If you are 1099 you do not get pay slips. Will letter from employer alone be sufficient? Suggestions from any one in same situation are welcome. Others pl. respond if you have some idea.

-Thanks
HBG2001

Congratulations. I am too happy for your. Good Luck and soon it will be over.

Thank God!

I got an IA on July 10, 2007! I faxed the US Embassy Manila last May 16. Then I checked today for the appointment date, surprise!, I got it! That was fast!

Thank you guys(I don't need to mention the names, you know who you are!) I need to prepare myself for the Interview...

You are welcome. I am waiting for the good news coming from all friends who are affected. Please update us with the proceedings and let us know if we can be of any help.

Good Luck.

Kamrans &

NJBLUE, rammy rammy,rm101,HBG2001,

Here is an update from me - Interview date is scheduled in Chennai consulate for my wife on 19th June.

NJBLUE - Hope you remember me and we discussed abt our scenario before..and ours were pretty much close to each other in the dates ... okay.. my PD is Aug2002 ... like you i have applied and sent packet 3 and all in 2005.

Dont worry if you dont get appointment letter.... I called Chennai consulate last night (1:00 AM of EST ....) they told me this news and asked myself to check in the website chennai.... i browsed and found this the exact link fyi - http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/appointment_schedule.html. They told me that Even if we do not receive the letter, the candidate can come to interview on the scheduled date with the valid documents and stuffs like that. I beleive you all know (if you dont receive your appointment letter) that you need to submit the packet 4 documents in one of the VFS office "no earlier than 15 WORKING days and no less than 10 days PRIOR to the interview"

Also - You dont need to email. I would suggest you to call them. I know you may have to try multiple times. I got it in my 3rd try. After talking to them when i called home, the letter already was received. I called in Telephone: 91-44-2857 4000.

Anyway, good luck to all of us ..... Here, i wanna thank all who ever helps each other and (special thanks to Kamrans !) ....

Get info pass appointment and ask them about the status of I-824. I believe it should approve soon. Did you check the timeline within the processing dates of your Service center.

Good Luck.

Wealth of information in this thread.

I just realized that I was lil naive regarding the GC process. I had applied for Consular Processing for myself and wife. Due to some reason I changed my application to AoS which was approved. May 17, 2006. I thought that both of our applications will be approved together which is not the case.

Now what will happen to her I824 application? It was applied on Sept 2006. In October, I paid Application fee since then I haven't heard anything about her case.

Can someone please enlighten me how this proces works and how long it may take?

Thanks in Advance

I am not sure what VFS is but if this is first point of contact then submit all the documents to them and verify the process. You dont need to send the duplicates. Yes I-134 needs to be notorized.
You can print out the online bank statements and send it to them. Your wife can do it. Scan I-134 from here and ask your wife to print it and present there. In the mean time send all the originals through FedEX and it will reach there with in a week.

Good Luck.

Freinds,

-Thanks
HBG2001

Praise God for the confirmation of His answers to us all!

Congratulations Judex! As I posted before, you will have the good news for your answered prayer the month your wife will be here, and this is May already,,, I just know it, God said so.. hehehe,, all glory be to our GOD!

And for all of you out there, the new posts from our co-threaders, let us join in thanking God for these answers are here for us,, well for me, I know it is coming for my dependents too,, the reason I am just reading all posts and joining with you in thanking God also for all answers to your prayers. He is truly faithful and good all the time! Lets continue to pray! Bisdakdreamer, yours is coming next...congrats...

Godbless us all,

Simala2006

Thank God!

Hi,

My wife's interview is on 06/18 in Chennai consulate as well. Can you please post your wife's experiences after the interview?

Thanks

Qs on Interview&docs of FTJ ? cud help all !

You are welcome. I am waiting for the good news coming from all friends who are affected. Please update us with the proceedings and let us know if we can be of any help.

Good Luck.

Kamrans, NJBLUE, HBG, rammy, rm and all,

1. Police report needed on which places ?
a. whereever my wife lived from her birth or Police Clearance Certificates from the Passport Office and from The district police office serving the applicant’s place of residence
b. Does Police Clearance Certificates from PASSPORT OFFICE - takes minimum 4 days ?

2. Medical report - how long does it take in general to get appointment to the listed doctors ? How many days required to make the report reach Consulate ?

3. I 864 .... I have already submitted when I filed packet 3. Do I need to file again now ? (It's mentioned that we need to submit 864 If we have not done before)

4. Regarding the Employment Letter, My employer insisted me to contact theworknum.com. (I did & got one - online - we can printit out... not all employer do this.... but worknum.com has 25000 employers as clients !! strange but make some sense ..)Is that good enough ? Or do we need to for sure get the employment letter from the Employer Specifically ?

5. I 134 – I read in the doc that we need to file this – right ?

I am confused in what else and what all the documents that I need to send .... I would appreciate all your help !

Status
Not open for further replies.