Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is absolutely no problem in changing the employer or the residence however its always safe to be with same employer.
I am not with my employer since about 2 years now and FTJ process is still running.
Make sure that you have the correct US address in form DS 230 where you are going to get your green card when you arrive here. The rest seems to be OK.

Good Luck.

gcmarathon said:
My husband has changed his employer recently.My FTJ process is still going on and on .My PD is Jan 2002.He changed his residence also.Are these changes going to affect my visa adversely...if yes can u please suggest what i can do?
Thanks kamarans for ur previous reply and best of luck to all.

Kamran! the docs that we need to send says that send Original 140 aproval and 824 receipt. Did u send the original? and then what address did u use to send the docs.... did u send directly to the embassy ?.

sooo long

we called the us embassy in my country yesterday and found out that his approval was recvd already. he called to follow up the papers that we faxed them, its a good thing we called them cause we found out that they dint have his local add. so they dont know where to send packet 3...what happens next next?? is it still a long wait?? by the way he already has a case no. there!!but im thankful coz we are seeing some light :confused:

Check below for the answers:

archer747 said:
Kamran! the docs that we need to send says that send Original 140 aproval and 824 receipt. Did u send the original?

Yes I sent them the original. If you ask them they will ask for the original. Other guys sent copies and they accept the copy of I-140. However you need to send the original of I-824 receipt notice.

and then what address did u use to send the docs.... did u send directly to the embassy

Yes I sent it to immigrant visa Unit,
US embassy,......
whatever the address is.

You need to verify with them after two weeks.

?.

If they have the local address they will send you packet 3.5. As soon as you send the packet back to them they will scheule the interview. Depending on the consualte it would take around 3-5 months to get the visa from now.

Good Luck

gette said:
we called the us embassy in my country yesterday and found out that his approval was recvd already. he called to follow up the papers that we faxed them, its a good thing we called them cause we found out that they dint have his local add. so they dont know where to send packet 3...what happens next next?? is it still a long wait?? by the way he already has a case no. there!!but im thankful coz we are seeing some light :confused:

thanks

thanks kamrans for the reply.....so maybe around august the earliest, he'll be here already!!!hope soooo!!!thanks again... :D

Kamrans to advise

Kamrans:

In one of your postings you said the consulates send packet-3 within 15 days of approval of I-824. I am confused do you mean this will happen withour ever opening a case in consulate or only if the case has been created. Just clarify.

Also let me know how the consulate know the spouse's address in India from the I-824 approval to send the packet-3?

With the approval of I-824 USCIS send the cable to the consulate. As soon as consulate receives it they create a case and send the documents to the applicant. The address of the applicant is transmitted in the same cable which USCIS pulls from the applicant I-824 application.

Good Luck.

gcmera2 said:
Kamrans:

In one of your postings you said the consulates send packet-3 within 15 days of approval of I-824. I am confused do you mean this will happen withour ever opening a case in consulate or only if the case has been created. Just clarify.

Also let me know how the consulate know the spouse's address in India from the I-824 approval to send the packet-3?

Information on Mumbai (Bombay) consulate ?

Folks,

I just got my GC approved on 1st May 06, I am in the FTJ boat and hence not yet celebrating the GC approval.

I am planning to file I-824 , and mail a copy of receipt notice to Mumbai consulate and request to create a Case number. After which I will send the Packet 3 forms directly without waiting for the consulate to mail the form to my wife.

my question to the experts in this forum:

1) Will the above approach work with Mumbai consulate?
2) Is there anything perticular about Mumbai consulate that I need to be aware of , any caution flags ?

Any advise to expediate this long wait will be appreciated.

Regards,

Deepak

sorry

just wanna post again because im getting really frustrated. i know you can all relate because we are all in the same boat. i called the us embassy again just to find out that they mailed me the packet 3 here in the u.s instead of mailing it to my husband. to make matters worst is that they dint put my apt no. so it might get lost in the mail. they said they mailed it to me last april 19....i still dont have it. we registered local address already but i just called today again to find out they still haven't mailed my husband packet 3... :( im really upset.....i hate the system...its so hard to be so far away from the one you love....sorry just wanna get this all out of my system

gette said:
just wanna post again because im getting really frustrated. i know you can all relate because we are all in the same boat. i called the us embassy again just to find out that they mailed me the packet 3 here in the u.s instead of mailing it to my husband. to make matters worst is that they dint put my apt no. so it might get lost in the mail. they said they mailed it to me last april 19....i still dont have it. we registered local address already but i just called today again to find out they still haven't mailed my husband packet 3... :( im really upset.....i hate the system...its so hard to be so far away from the one you love....sorry just wanna get this all out of my system

I just got the appointment letter for my spouse. What all documents are reqd by the consulate ? They mentioned both I 864 as well as I 134

Deepak,
If you got your Green card and married before your approval then you can file I-824. If your 824 gets approved then your wife will automatically get the packet 3.5 within 14 days of the approval. When you get your I-824 receipt notice you can send the required docs to the embassy to create the case number. I would better recommend you to get the packet 3.5 from them. It wont speed up the process if you do something at your own.
I dont anything about the mumbai consulate. May be some other gurus from India can tell you better.

Good Luck.

Deepak06 said:
Folks,

I just got my GC approved on 1st May 06, I am in the FTJ boat and hence not yet celebrating the GC approval.

I am planning to file I-824 , and mail a copy of receipt notice to Mumbai consulate and request to create a Case number. After which I will send the Packet 3 forms directly without waiting for the consulate to mail the form to my wife.

my question to the experts in this forum:

1) Will the above approach work with Mumbai consulate?
2) Is there anything perticular about Mumbai consulate that I need to be aware of , any caution flags ?

Any advise to expediate this long wait will be appreciated.

Regards,

Deepak

gette said:

Packet 3 has standard forms. You can download these from the web site, fill them up and send them to the consulate. The main thing from packet 3 is the case number, the category and PD. If you know the case number and if the category and PD are correct (which you can get ovr phone from consulate if you know the case number), put in a covering letter with the case number, fill up all the standard forms and ask your husband to mail them by a reliable courier to the consulate. By the time appointment date comes in, thats when you need the medical, police reports, etc. I know its a testing time when its so close still is so far. People like me have been thru this. The consulate matters are really slow and rigid; good luck

charlotteperson said:
I just got the appointment letter for my spouse. What all documents are reqd by the consulate ? They mentioned both I 864 as well as I 134

If your case is an E-case (that is an employment-based case), you need I-134. I took both of them (they are pretty simple to fill), but they took only I-134 from my wife.

Srini

How long does it take to get Card in mail after enter in to USA

Dear Friends,
My daughter got approved as FTJ at Mumbai. and she came to usa this week. She is less then 14years and i want to know how long does it take to get the real Green Card in Hand after enter in to USA ? She got stamped at JFK.

Diamond4U,

Congrats for getting the visa for your daughter. I noticed that your's was a FTJ case in Mumbai consulate. Mine is a similar case with FTJ for WIFE.

I had couple of questions and thought of checking with you:

1) How long did it take for the consulate to schedule your appointment, after you send the Package 3 documents?

2) Did you wait for the consulate to send package 3 documents to your daughter? or you printed from web and submitted?

Regards

Deepak

hi
have got my permanent residency since abril (2005) through
my father he is usc. I have been married with my husband
since jan 2000. Can he get the following-to-join benefit since I
have got my permanent residency after we got married? He is in Canada
now as a refufee clime an has no valid passport , and I am in the US.

If he is eligible, what is the process that I need to take?

I really appreciate your advise and comment

To Deepak06

HI Deepa06,
I am posting the reply I got from Mumbai consulate regarding documents to be submitted for creating FTJ case. See if this helps.

We are able to create a case for your spouse without an approved I-824. In order to create a case for her we need to have the complete names (maiden and present), dates and places of birth of each visa applicant and their current address. We also need to see the following documents:

--the Notice of Approval, form I-797, for the principal alien for the immigrant visa petition under which he adjusted to immigrant visa status.
--clear photocopies of all pages of the principal alien's passport, especially the page containing the ADIT stamp.
--clear photocopy of the principal alien's green card.
--clear photocopy of the principal alien's marriage certificate.
--clear photocopies of birth certificates of principal alien's children.
--the I-824 filing receipt.
--form DS-230 part 1, completed for each applicant.
--clear photocopy of the biographic data and inside back cover of each visa applicant's current passport.

Send the required documents to your wife. When she has collected everything necessary, she should mail the material to us. We can then created a case for her. At that time, we will also advise herif we need additional documents.

She may also begin preparing for their interview by reviewing the Packet 3 for immigrants that is available on our website at http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/wwwhforms.html.

Our mailing address is
American Consulate General
Immigrant Visa Section ***
78 Bhulabhai Desai Road
Mumbai 26 India

Since you get married before getting your GC I think you are eligible. Check out the following USCIS doc for the complete details and how to file for it. You need to file form I-824 for your husband and once it get approved you can contact the local embassy there with all the relevant documents to get the immigrant visa.
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/appproc.htm

Good Luck.

almandi said:
hi
have got my permanent residency since abril (2005) through
my father he is usc. I have been married with my husband
since jan 2000. Can he get the following-to-join benefit since I
have got my permanent residency after we got married? He is in Canada
now as a refufee clime an has no valid passport , and I am in the US.

If he is eligible, what is the process that I need to take?

I really appreciate your advise and comment

How Long it take to get the Cardafter enter at JFK NewYork ?

Dear Friends,
My daughter enterd JFK NewYork after successfull CF at Mumbai. She has inteviewed on March 1st, and got approved and she just entered two weeks ago. I want to know what to do next. How long it takes to get the card in mail ?? i got to know that some people are getting within one or two weeks times. Can i track the case with approved I-824 EAC #? or somthing else? Please share your exprience.

Status
Not open for further replies.