Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
kamran I have two Questions

What is the time frame of Islamabad Embassy to call for an interview once they opwn a case.

My lawyer had filed I-824. so on its approval Paket 3 will be sent to him?

Any other usefull info about Islamabad embassy like E-mail address etc and do they reply?

i am still waiting for 485 approval hope it will come soon.

need help

anybody nows hw long it will take from 1-824 approval to interview at consulate abroad?? i-824 just got approved and want to know what would happen next??hope someone can shed some light to this matter...thx :D

gette said:
anybody nows hw long it will take from 1-824 approval to interview at consulate abroad?? i-824 just got approved and want to know what would happen next??hope someone can shed some light to this matter...thx :D

I did it for my husband. If the PD is current, you will get packet 3 and packet 4.

packet 3 is ds230 form and packet 4 is appmt letter and medical examination.

which consulate are you logged at ?

need hepl

hi thanks for the quick reply. i think because i am a schedule A prof. i believe it is current. my husband is in the philippines, so us embassy in manila. u have an idea on how long this will take?? hope to hear from you soon ;)

Check your Inbox.

Also, normally it takes 3-6 months to go through FTJ process.

gette said:
hi thanks for the quick reply. i think because i am a schedule A prof. i believe it is current. my husband is in the philippines, so us embassy in manila. u have an idea on how long this will take?? hope to hear from you soon ;)

thanks

so it could be long..... :( i thought it was gonna be soon bacause we got approval letter already..just sad.. maybe it will all be done this yr...just scared coz there are rumors that the visa for sched a and their fmas will run out the end of this year and then backlogged again..... :confused:

“Kamrans” pointed out correctly that your future spouse won’t be eligible for FTJ benefit.

Spouse needs to apply in family category (F-2A), and check following link for wait in that category:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2868.html

drbawa06 said:
well i got immigrant visa in december 2005
but i am still in india . i want to marry
1- i want before entry to usa will my spouse eligible for following to join benefit
2- if yes then whats the procedure for that

See the answers below:

archer747 said:
kamran I have two Questions

What is the time frame of Islamabad Embassy to call for an interview once they opwn a case.

When they open up a case they send you packet 3.5. As soon as you send it back to them with all the requirements they usually arrange the interview within 2-3 months.

My lawyer had filed I-824. so on its approval Paket 3 will be sent to him?

No this never happened in Pakistan. Indian nationals are fortunate that they get packet 3.5 within two weeks of the approval but I got mine after 5 months after repeated requests from the embassy. So you need to send them the required documents to get the case number and packet 3.5.

Any other usefull info about Islamabad embassy like E-mail address etc and do they reply?

Yes they always reply. Be precise in email and ask them whatever questions you have but dont bug them too much. They get irritated pretty soon and then you will get irritated for long.

i am still waiting for 485 approval hope it will come soon.

Good Luck.

anybody done this

us emabassy in my country just wants everything faxed to them. i-824 apprval letter and copy of my green card...will they act on a faxed message.

If they want to deny they can deny anything. If they are asking then go ahead and fax them.
I would rather send everything through FedEx. This is something that you can track and a little more reliable.

Good Luck.

gette said:
us emabassy in my country just wants everything faxed to them. i-824 apprval letter and copy of my green card...will they act on a faxed message.

Affidavit of Support

My wife will be appearing for the interview at chennai consulate under FTJ -EB2- Employmnet category. I would like to know which form is correct for Affidavit of Support. Is it the I 134 or I 864..
Can some one help me on this
Thanks

I-134 is the one that they normally ask in FTJ cases.

Good Luck.

ftj_2005 said:
My wife will be appearing for the interview at chennai consulate under FTJ -EB2- Employmnet category. I would like to know which form is correct for Affidavit of Support. Is it the I 134 or I 864..
Can some one help me on this
Thanks

Packet 3 Forms Questions

My wife got the packet 3 forms from chennai consulate. We have few questions and would like to have your advice on this.
1)Based on the instructions, We are thinking to send back only DS 230 Part 1, Readiness document and DS 2001(instructions). Is it correct?

2)But in the Instructions,Form DS-2000 has been mentioned in enclosures section as "DS-2000, Evidence Which May be Presented to Meet the Public Charge Provision of the Law.". Do we need to send anything for this? By the way, What does DS-2000 mean? is it Affidavit I-864 or I 134?

3)Reg POLICE CERTIFICATES, My wife has been stayed in 4 places after her 16. Does she need to get PCC from all the 4 places in addition to Passport office? Do we have any standard forms for this?

Advance thanks for your help.

Check your answers below:

agpatti said:
My wife got the packet 3 forms from chennai consulate. We have few questions and would like to have your advice on this.
1)Based on the instructions, We are thinking to send back only DS 230 Part 1, Readiness document and DS 2001(instructions). Is it correct?

No. Send the whole DS230 part I and II both. parth two requires signature and some other information.

2)But in the Instructions,Form DS-2000 has been mentioned in enclosures section as "DS-2000, Evidence Which May be Presented to Meet the Public Charge Provision of the Law.". Do we need to send anything for this? By the way, What does DS-2000 mean? is it Affidavit I-864 or I 134?

I dont think its related to you. Never heard of it. Send only I-134 that would be enough. Check this for more information.

http://tokyo.usembassy.gov/e/visa/tvisa-niv-kaffidavit.html

3)Reg POLICE CERTIFICATES, My wife has been stayed in 4 places after her 16. Does she need to get PCC from all the 4 places in addition to Passport office? Do we have any standard forms for this?

The police certificate from the last place would be enough where she stayed for more than 6 months.

Advance thanks for your help.

Follow to Join

Hi All,
I am waiting for wife's visa based on follow to join. I would like to know that whether it comes under employment base or family base the visa is issued. Whether we have to wait until the our PD.

Also I would like to know , since I got my GC and completed more 6 months with my employer, it If I Change the employer or client it will affect for my wife's visa.

Please advice me.

Mohanktrajan

Check below for the answers

mohanktrajan said:
Hi All,
I am waiting for wife's visa based on follow to join. I would like to know that whether it comes under employment base or family base the visa is issued. Whether we have to wait until the our PD.

The visa will be issued under the same category as yours. For example if you are EB3 then she will get EB3 visa and yes you have to wait for the PD to get current in that category.

Also I would like to know , since I got my GC and completed more 6 months with my employer, it If I Change the employer or client it will affect for my wife's visa.

This is just a fear from some to the guys. I changed mine and never had any problem. But its always safe to be with same employer until you get the GC and your wife gets the visa.

Please advice me.

Mohanktrajan

pls help

My husband has changed his employer recently.My FTJ process is still going on and on .My PD is Jan 2002.He changed his residence also.Are these changes going to affect my visa adversely...if yes can u please suggest what i can do?
Thanks kamarans for ur previous reply and best of luck to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.