Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chennai Consulate corrected the PD

Alas... it took 3.5 months of phone calls and emails. Finally all the cost of time and money paid off... US consulate has corrected the wrong pd for my wife's FTJ case.

All these days, the lady who answers the phone is usually rough. But I caught her on a good mood 2 days back when she told me to send them a documentary proof for the PD I am claiming, either through an attorney or myself, via either courier or email.

Waila... I did not speak a single word against it... I just agreed to her and told that I will send the documents as a scanned image via email. She said ok.. I sent the notarized copy of I-140 and I-485 approval notices yesterday. It was so UNBELIEVABLE when I saw a response from the consulate this morning - same day turn-around time!!! Today I got an email saying the pd was corrected. However, since it is not current, we have to wait for the turn, etc...

Thanks USNYCUS for sharing your experience which helped me in resolving this. This is one more brick on the foundation.

Anyway... As per the Dec 05 Visa bulletin, pd has moved up rapidly to an year... 01 Jan 99... which is good but still a long way to go.. my pd is May 2000.

Hoping for the congress to pass the bill before thanks giving! Will it be ok even if we send faxes to congress man other than our states. In the faxes we dont specify the city and state anyway... Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ansi.

I-134 documentation for FTJ

Hi Folks,
I have the following questions. Can someone please shed some light?

a) Is I-134 the correct form for FTJ [to show financial support info]?

b) What is a safe bank balance to show the Consulate [when sponsoring
just for wife]?

c) Is it better to also show real estate in India as part of property?

thanks,
paras2

That's great ..... congrats ....

ansi2004 said:
Alas... it took 3.5 months of phone calls and emails. Finally all the cost of time and money paid off... US consulate has corrected the wrong pd for my wife's FTJ case.

All these days, the lady who answers the phone is usually rough. But I caught her on a good mood 2 days back when she told me to send them a documentary proof for the PD I am claiming, either through an attorney or myself, via either courier or email.

Waila... I did not speak a single word against it... I just agreed to her and told that I will send the documents as a scanned image via email. She said ok.. I sent the notarized copy of I-140 and I-485 approval notices yesterday. It was so UNBELIEVABLE when I saw a response from the consulate this morning - same day turn-around time!!! Today I got an email saying the pd was corrected. However, since it is not current, we have to wait for the turn, etc...

Thanks USNYCUS for sharing your experience which helped me in resolving this. This is one more brick on the foundation.

Anyway... As per the Dec 05 Visa bulletin, pd has moved up rapidly to an year... 01 Jan 99... which is good but still a long way to go.. my pd is May 2000.

Hoping for the congress to pass the bill before thanks giving! Will it be ok even if we send faxes to congress man other than our states. In the faxes we dont specify the city and state anyway... Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ansi.

Ansi,

That is very good one. Even last night, I was mentioning about ur wrong pd update to my friend....You guys can let me knwo how I can be also part in taking steps like sending fax and any thing to concerned office. thanks POJ for ur reply and e.body.

paras2 said:
Hi Folks,
I have the following questions. Can someone please shed some light?

a) Is I-134 the correct form for FTJ [to show financial support info]?

b) What is a safe bank balance to show the Consulate [when sponsoring
just for wife]?

c) Is it better to also show real estate in India as part of property?

thanks,
paras2

a). YES I-134 is used in FTJ case.

b). don't worry about it much, usually Employment letter is enough , but its good to show atleast 5k+.

about property in India.... Yes u can , but not necessary . I am assuming that you are EB catagory and your employment letter/salary is enough to show the I-134 support + regular finincial institution statement/certificate/bank certificate. 5k+ would be enough. you can include your personal belongings like car etc and ++.

Good LUck

Last edited by a moderator:
G325A question

In form G325A for occupation do I write student or research assistant (I was both in F1 visa)?
I was summer intern for 3 months too. Do I seperate that with summer intern title or just as student?

Thank you,
Asib

Section 221G

My wife went for Immigrant Visa (FTJ) couple of weeks ago and she got rejected with Section 221G Saying that Additional administrative processing needs to be done. Except Passport every thing was taken by consular officer. Every thing meaning all the originals and my wife's fingerprints too. Officer told my wife that they will let her know in a month or two about the status of the Application. Any body has any idea on this.

Thank you

Sorry to hear that ....

Following is taken from N Delhi Embassy website
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
221(g)
Applicants are ineligible under section 221(g) because the applicant failed to bring some information or document, or some further procedure or review by us or another U.S. government agency must be completed.

If you have been requested to wait until the Embassy contacts you, please do not make an appointment. Your case requires further administrative processing and the Embassy will contact you once this has been completed.

If your visa was not issued under section 221(g), you may be required to fill out a new application form. Please refer to the instructions that were given to you at the time of your refusal. If you reapply for a visa within one year of a 221(g) refusal, you will not need to pay a new application fee.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

seatha said:
My wife went for Immigrant Visa (FTJ) couple of weeks ago and she got rejected with Section 221G Saying that Additional administrative processing needs to be done. Except Passport every thing was taken by consular officer. Every thing meaning all the originals and my wife's fingerprints too. Officer told my wife that they will let her know in a month or two about the status of the Application. Any body has any idea on this.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Administrative Processing

seatha said:

Thank you

Administrative processing is a catch all term.

I've seen it used in many different situations but it usually means a holding pattern for something to finish up before a determination can be made. What specific step is being taken is very hard to guess at.

Wait until you hear from the Consulate.

mojavetoo said:
Administrative processing is a catch all term.

I've seen it used in many different situations but it usually means a holding pattern for something to finish up before a determination can be made. What specific step is being taken is very hard to guess at.

Wait until you hear from the Consulate.

Thank you very much.

to:usyncus , prince of the jungle

hi,

i am a follow to join case derivative visa, an EX category. my docs qualified at the philippine embassy last july 20, 2005 , the lady i spoke with at the embassy told me that the processing time for follow to join cases and all E categories is120 days.

ill be due on nov. 20, 2005 and still i was not been scheduled for interview. i am so depressed. may i know if anyone in the forum have the same case as mine and have been scheduled for interview at a later date?

Can i ask the embassy if i can expedite my case or not? the dec. sched. for interviews are already out and my number is still not there.

your response will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

S 1932/HR 4241 Reconcilation Efforts

For some reasons the House bill does not have any provision for EB Retrogression. I think we should put some effort to have this added during the reconcilation efforts.

Discussion???

Documentarily qualified...

Knighthorse1 said:
hi,

i am a follow to join case derivative visa, an EX category. my docs qualified at the philippine embassy last july 20, 2005 , the lady i spoke with at the embassy told me that the processing time for follow to join cases and all E categories is120 days.

ill be due on nov. 20, 2005 and still i was not been scheduled for interview. i am so depressed. may i know if anyone in the forum have the same case as mine and have been scheduled for interview at a later date?

Can i ask the embassy if i can expedite my case or not? the dec. sched. for interviews are already out and my number is still not there.

your response will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

First of all, if you're "documentarily qualified" it means they have
done:

1) Name checks on your FTJ beneficiary and the petitioner
on the FBI, NSA, etc etc databases

2) You are ready to be interviewed in Manila

The problem is...Manila is a *very* busy Consulate.

So 4-6 months is normal to wait for an interview date.

When does the date come out?

Only God knows...

Or you can call the Dept of State:

Dial: 202-663-1225

press 1 then 0 then 0.

1) Give them your FTJ case number

2) Ask when the "2nd name check" was completed.
(second background check )

3) Ask if an interview date has been scheduled.

Best time to call is Monday at about 8:45am when they start
work.

I call them every 2 weeks. ;)

Don't be depressed, it's going to be fine.

Just be patient.

re: interview

thanks for the reply. my husband called, but they said they dnt have any control over manila embassy since the papers were transfered already. is it proper for me to write a letter so that my case would be expidited. thanks

This is disturbing

seatha said:

Thank you

Seatha

Sorry to hear this. It is disturbing behavior from the consulate. They used to reject Non-immigrant visas under this section 221 (g) for various reasons including but not limited to improper documentation. I am not sure what is meant by administrative processing... will they send the file to US for cross-verifying the claims of the primary applicant or what? God knows!

BTW, which consulate did you go to, what is the PD, when did you actually initiate the FTJ process? May be these info will be helpful to figure out the issue or further steps!

Regards,
Ansi.

I-824 Question -- I-485 or I-181??

In my case, I-485 shows no update after my case is approved. It still says, "your file is transferred for interview." However, my approval welcome notice came in the form of I-181. The I-797 was for the I-181 and not for I-485.

In this case, when I file for I-824, should I put the SRC number of I-181 or I-485?

I am confused. Please help.

ansi2004 said:
Seatha

Sorry to hear this. It is disturbing behavior from the consulate. They used to reject Non-immigrant visas under this section 221 (g) for various reasons including but not limited to improper documentation. I am not sure what is meant by administrative processing... will they send the file to US for cross-verifying the claims of the primary applicant or what? God knows!

BTW, which consulate did you go to, what is the PD, when did you actually initiate the FTJ process? May be these info will be helpful to figure out the issue or further steps!

Regards,
Ansi.

Ansi,

Thank you. My PD is Aug 1995, Filed I-485 in Feb 2003, Got married in Dec 2003, Filed I-824 in Oct 2004, Both I-485 and I-824 got approved in Feb 2005, Got Packet 3 in Apr 2005 and Sent Packet 3 in Jun 2005, Got packet 4 in Oct 2005. Went to Chennai Consulate in November.

My wife couldn't answer for one question. I actually got my salary hike(salary increased from 38k to 57k) in Nov 2004 and so my current employment letter showing that my salary is 57k but didn't mention what was my salary before Nov 2004. Officer asked my wife why gross income showing in 2004 W2 is not matching with 57k. My wife said she don't know. Obviously if my salary was 38k before nov 2004 how can it match with 57k. I am under the impression that this might be the reason why they put my wife's application in pending. Probably they want to varify some thing on my employment. we just have to wait and see.

Thanks,
Seatha

Try sending an answer for this question via email

seatha said:
Ansi,

Thank you. My PD is Aug 1995, Filed I-485 in Feb 2003, Got married in Dec 2003, Filed I-824 in Oct 2004, Both I-485 and I-824 got approved in Feb 2005, Got Packet 3 in Apr 2005 and Sent Packet 3 in Jun 2005, Got packet 4 in Oct 2005. Went to Chennai Consulate in November.

My wife couldn't answer for one question. I actually got my salary hike(salary increased from 38k to 57k) in Nov 2004 and so my current employment letter showing that my salary is 57k but didn't mention what was my salary before Nov 2004. Officer asked my wife why gross income showing in 2004 W2 is not matching with 57k. My wife said she don't know. Obviously if my salary was 38k before nov 2004 how can it match with 57k. I am under the impression that this might be the reason why they put my wife's application in pending. Probably they want to varify some thing on my employment. we just have to wait and see.

Thanks,
Seatha

Why dont you try sending an answer for this question via email... explaining the current situation all in few sentences. Including an email attachment for proof that you really got less pay of 37K that year might be helpful.

Then, wait for 10 days for an answer and if you have not recieved an answer, then talk to your congress man or Senator asking them to follow up with the chennai consulate to know the real cause for the hold-up.

Meanwhile, you can also try calling the Dept of State here with your case number to get more details on the cause for the hold-up.

Thanks,
Ansi.

Status
Not open for further replies.