Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asib said:
Hello,
My question may be a bit stupid or unrelated to some but your answer is a big help for me:
in I-693 medical exam form what is "File Number (A Number)"? I just got my labor certificate and want to apply for I140/I485.
Thank you in advance,
Asib

A# = Alien Number

Alien number usually assigned when 140 get approved.

The I-693/medical form is usually fill/complete by authorized physicans/surgen. and it should be duly completed signed and seald by authorized person/surgen/doctor only.

I believe if u are planning to file concurrent 140+485 then medical part will be taken care by Authorized INS physican/surgen/doctor who will take ur medical test, make sure if u get Positve in skin test (usually most south asians do) do ask speficly and make sure they include form 693 and the supplement paper of X-ray report, some time USCIS send RFE if skin test is positive and doctor only menstion x-ray done and oky in form 693 and don't submit the supplement paper of x-ray complete report.

Also do not hesitate to ask ur medical doctor to give u copy of ur report, its your report and if u ask copy they have to provide u.

One more thing while filing conncurrent , as u may aware of it that now a days 485 petitioner are facing retrogression, u may ask ur attorney to check if they can/USCIS would accept 485 . u may also take a look on State.gov web site in Visa bulletin web site to check if you Periority date is current and 485 can be filed together. (periority date is the date when u start process by filing labor certifcate)

Visa bulletin

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

Good LUck

Last edited by a moderator:
Plea for Help.

First accept my apologize for this unrelated thread, I believe friends would tolerate after looking the following links why thread is posted.

Note: this is pure humanitarian plea, and does not represent of any ethinic/religion or country, neither I represent to any Organization.

http://www.earthquake.net.pk/picture.asp

http://www.photoduck.com/photos.aspx?gid=2857&pxo=0

http://www.photoduck.com/photo.aspx?id=41649

http://www.photoduck.com/photo.aspx?id=41808

http://www.photoduck.com/photo.aspx?id=41592

http://jang.com.pk/jang/spedition/khasusi05/index.html

Unicef
http://www.unicefusa.org/site/c.duL...ergencies__What_We_Do__US_Fund_for_UNICEF.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4396698.stm

Many survivors of the 8 October earthquake which hit Pakistan, India and Afghanistan remain in desperate need of help

Winter is on the way

Plea, Help suffering people of South Asia Earthquake, Even your $2 do have lot of mean for those suffering and desperate people

Focus Humanitarian Assistance has been also playing a critical role in coordinating and assisting emergency relief operations in the aftermath of the earthquake which struck several parts of Pakistan on 8th October 2005.

http://www.akdn.org/focus/

Make a Donataion (by sending check/money order or call them)

UNITED STATES
Focus Humanitarian Assistance, USA
7777 Leesburg Pike Suite 303S
Falls Church VA 22043
United States of America
Tel: +1 703 442 3212
Fax: +1 703-442-3522

INDIA
Focus Humanitarian Assistance, India
4th Floor, Warden Building, 340, Sir J.J. Road,
Byculla, Mumbai 400 008
India
Tel: + 91 222 300 1726 /1749
Fax: +91 22 2300 1792

PAKISTAN
A. Karim Nayani
Executive Officer
Focus Humanitarian Assistance, Pakistan
Block 14, Civic Centre, G-6, Islamabad
Pakistan
Tel:+ 92 51 220 1018/1134
Fax: + 92 51220 1976

EUROPE
Focus Humanitarian Assistance, Europe
205-209 Addiscombe Road
Croydon Surrey
CRO 6SP
United Kingdom
Tel: +44 208 654 6131
Fax: +44 208 655 1649

CANADA
Focus Humanitarian Assistance, Canada
Suite 786
789 Don Mills Road
Don Mills
Ontario
M3C 1T5
Canada
Tel: +1 416 423 7988
Fax: +1 416 423 4216

----------------------------------------------------------

http://www.networkforgood.org/topic...ake/southasia100805.aspx?source=AOL&cmpgn=PSA

www.networkforgood.org

You may also choose from the organizations below that are responding to the earthquake or search for other related charities. Please designate your funds to "South Asia Earthquake".

Action Against Hunger
Providing food and water to victims of the earthquake.

Action Aid
Providing immediate assistance in Pakistan and India with a focus on women and children.

Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
Providing food, blankets, beds, and tents for earthquake survivors.

American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC)
Providing aid for survivors of the earthquake.

American Red Cross
Providing emergency assistance through relief supplies and specially-trained staff.

American Refugee Committee
Delivering immediate medical assistance, non-food items and supplies to survivors.

AmeriCares
Distributing life-saving medicines and other trauma supplies to victims of the earthquake.

Architecture for Humanity
Responding to the long term rebuilding and reconstruction efforts.

Baptist World Alliance
Sending a medical team the the earthquake affected region.

Brother's Brother Foundation
Sending requested pharmaceuticals to Pakistan and Afghanistan.

CARE
Assessing the scope of the disaster and planning the response in India and Pakistan.

Catholic Relief Services
Meeting the immediate needs for survivors – shelter, medicine, food, clean water.

Christian Reformed World Relief
Providing food, water and shelter in Pakistan and India.

Church World Service
Distributing relief assistance and conducting assessments.

Concern Worldwide
Bringing relief to the victims and to helping to build capacity in the areas worst affected areas.

Direct Relief International
Responding to health needs in the quake-affected countries.

Doctors without Borders
Mobilizing to provide medical assistance, blankets, water, sleeping mats and tents.

Episcopal Relief and Development
Providing emergency assistance as the specific needs are identified.

Food for the Hungry

Rushing emergency help and supplies to the survivors of the devastating earthquake.

GlobalGiving
Supporting immediate disaster relief projects and long-term rebuilding efforts.

Global Impact
Supporting immediate disaster relief and recovery projects to help those in the earthquake-affected areas.

Humanity First USA
Providing medical support, food and shelter for the victims.

International Aid

Distributing hygiene kits and portable medical clinics to meet the health care needs of victims.

International Association for Human Values
Providing disaster management, medical camps, and trauma relief camps.

International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
Dispatching teams to assess damages and the needs of victims.

International Medical Corps
Providing immediate medical care and emergency disaster relief in affected areas.

International Relief Teams
Providing emergency medicines and medical supplies.

International Rescue Committee
Assessing immediate needs on the ground and preparing emergency response.

Islamic Relief
Providing high-priority disaster supplies to the victims.

Lions Club

Providing food, water, medicine and blankets to survivors.

MAP International
Supplying hospitals, clinics and mobile units with essential medical supplies.

Mercy Corps
Providing immediate medical help, food, shelter to thousands.

Mercy USA for Aid and Development
Helping the thousands of survivors who are now homeless.

Northwest Medical Teams
Treating victims of the earthquake.

Operation USA
Providing high-priority disaster supplies to the victims.

Oxfam
On the ground assessing the response effort and responding to victims.

Pakistan Relief
Providing medicine, tents and water purification equipment.

Plan USA
Coordinating relief efforts and longer-term relief and recovery requirements.

Relief International
Providing tents, blankets and food to affected populations in villages and towns.

Save the Children USA
Assisting children and families injured and left homeless from the deadly earthquake.

UNICEF
Sending emergency staff to distribute aid and make further assessments of the damage.

The United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR)

Sending medicine, food, water and blankets to the region.

United States Committee for UNDP
Providing relief & recovery assistance in impacted regios of Pakistan.

US Association for UNHCR
Providing urgently needed tents, blankets, stoves and other basic relief items.

World Concern
Providing food, blankets, water and tents, and airlifts to bring in emergency supplies.

World Emergency Relief
Sending all-weather, winter-proofed tents direct to house quake victims.

World Relief
Working with faith-based organizations to provide much needed assistance.

World Vision
Distributing winter tents, quilts, clothes and water containers in accessible communities.

---------------------------------------------------------

Good Luck

3 months into my FTJ case (824) and we are getting seprated :(

Can I cancel the case if I get divorced or there is no need to cancel it just dont folow up?

My spouse's family is threathning me what if they try to blackmail me?

Can they do any damage?

Please PM me if possible.

:( :( :(

Leave that blank if you don't have one.

Usually I-485 applicants & people having EAD get that from USCIS. It's a number assigned to immigrants so that USCIS can track their case/immgration history.

Asib said:
Hello,
My question may be a bit stupid or unrelated to some but your answer is a big help for me:
in I-693 medical exam form what is "File Number (A Number)"? I just got my labor certificate and want to apply for I140/I485.
Thank you in advance,
Asib

Sorry to hear about it. It's always painfull doesn't matter how/when it happens.

But, from your post its not clear what's your current immigrant status/scenario. Are you FTJ beneficiery OR primary applicant?

Please clarify.

john2020 said:

Can I cancel the case if I get divorced or there is no need to cancel it just dont folow up?

Can they do any damage?

ansi2004 said:
All of us here are assuming that spouse and children will be given Green Cards without any limit on how many can be issued! (Similar to how H4 visas are issued without any limit on quota... Eg. Only 65000 H1 workers can come inside... but it is possible to issue INNUMERABLE H4 visas for their dependants)

Also, that does not mean that they will not be given work permits... All GC holders will be eligible to work I suppose!

But my fearful question is that, Why would they give away INNUMERABLE GCs for dependant spouse and children when their system has a limited number of immigrant visas. Although it is our wishful thinking, it does not sound promising... What are all your thoughts on this?

Ansi.

Hi Ansi

I'm also worried about this now. It is very bad for us (ftj applicants) if they decided to grant gcs from family base quota. Do you have any updates on this issue?

NJBLUE said:
Hi Ansi

I'm also worried about this now. It is very bad for us (ftj applicants) if they decided to grant gcs from family base quota. Do you have any updates on this issue?

I Guess we are just getting worried because of speculation. The main point to note is whatever quota they allocate from will be based on PD of the primary and thats the fact. So why do we care where the number come from as long as the GC is approved and again note that, the adjudication of the I485 will be based on the Primary beneficiary and not the dependants.
The bigger issue we have is the PD movement because of retrogression.
All we can hope at this time is that PD's should move ... lets cross our fingers and hope for the best.....

john2020 said:

Can they do any damage?

Sorry to hear this. But again retaliation might complicate things more for you I
guess. Sometimes best thing todo is notto do anything. Before initiating anything against your wife make sure that things are going to a point of no return. May be a couple of months from now if things get better btw u and ur wife you will end up in a bigger mess trying to undo what u did.
Regarding blackmail, what do you think they will do? The worst case is threatening you with a Dowry-Harassment case. So becareful in your moves,
Indian courts are a pain if that sort of thing happens, I know a friend of mine who is suffering with a similar issue.

I guess at this time even if you send a letter to stop I-824 Process it might get lost in the Pile of mail at the USC.
The main doubt I have is, I thought one cannot file F2J, if they are outside US on Reentry permit.( from your previous post, you said you are in India, with reentry permit).

And again I am not a lawyer....

rammyrammy said:
Sorry to hear this. But again retaliation might complicate things more for you I
guess. Sometimes best thing todo is notto do anything. Before initiating anything against your wife make sure that things are going to a point of no return. May be a couple of months from now if things get better btw u and ur wife you will end up in a bigger mess trying to undo what u did.
Regarding blackmail, what do you think they will do? The worst case is threatening you with a Dowry-Harassment case. So becareful in your moves,
Indian courts are a pain if that sort of thing happens, I know a friend of mine who is suffering with a similar issue.

I guess at this time even if you send a letter to stop I-824 Process it might get lost in the Pile of mail at the USC.
The main doubt I have is, I thought one cannot file F2J, if they are outside US on Reentry permit.( from your previous post, you said you are in India, with reentry permit).

And again I am not a lawyer....

Hello RammyRammy

What made you think that a Green Card holder residing outside US on Re-entry permit will not be able to apply for an immigrant visa for their spouse under FTJ? Can you please point me to any article that suggest this?

Thanks,
Ansi.

Visa number for FTJ ( and I-485 dependents) are not going to be from FB Quota.

Bill passed in senate is simply taking quoto out from that category. In other they will be treated like H4 (H1 limit, H4 no-limit).

NJBLUE said:
Hi Ansi

j1 waiver and FTJ

I am a physician on J1 waiver will complete my requirement in Aug2007 and my husband is EB2 with PD Jan 2003. It's been almost 2 years that he filed for 485. he is struck up with retrogression. Can I file for FTJ, so that if he gets his GC in next 2 years (High Hopes!), I'll be able to get it the day I finish my requirement?

I really appreciate help and advise regarding this matter.

GMC92

ansi2004 said:
Hello RammyRammy

What made you think that a Green Card holder residing outside US on Re-entry permit will not be able to apply for an immigrant visa for their spouse under FTJ? Can you please point me to any article that suggest this?

Thanks,
Ansi.
Well may be I am wrong. But for the application Process they need last 3 months
paystubs and letter of employment right? But think wont the GC holder has to prove that he is maintaining residency at the time of interview? And also time spent outside US on with reentry permit will not count towards the 5 year requirement for citizenship. Well based on all these requirements I just assumed that. So may be I am wrong.

GMC92 said:
I am a physician on J1 waiver will complete my requirement in Aug2007 and my husband is EB2 with PD Jan 2003. It's been almost 2 years that he filed for 485. he is struck up with retrogression. Can I file for FTJ, so that if he gets his GC in next 2 years (High Hopes!), I'll be able to get it the day I finish my requirement?

GMC92
F2J is after approval of I485 so you cannot apply till he gets his I485 approved. And being in US you can apply for adjustment of status if PD is current for him.
So technically there is nothing you can do till his PD gets current.

usnycus said:
Sorry to hear about it. It's always painfull doesn't matter how/when it happens.

But, from your post its not clear what's your current immigrant status/scenario. Are you FTJ beneficiery OR primary applicant?

Please clarify.

I am primary applicant :(

rammyrammy said:
Her father siad he will try to destroy my status. I do not know what he can do :(

I was in US when I filed FTJ.

john2020 said:
Her father siad he will try to destroy my status. I do not know what he can do :(

I was in US when I filed FTJ.

I got confused you with the person in this post.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1291687#post1291687

Well best thing you can do is come back to US and deal with this from here.
The reason is they can do something legally like a dowry harassment case and you will get stuck in india till the case is completed. Thats the legal end.
Illegally they can do anything .. use your conviction to figure out .. depending on what kind of people they are. The other part is not knowing what the real issue is in you marriage, ie what are the details.. there is no way to tell who is right and who is wrong etc..

Regarding f2J even if your I-824 gets approved its a longway togo to get the F2J visa for which you need to provide supporting documents, so you can hold up that end as long as you want. on top of it there is the PD issue, your PD should become current to get the interview..

As somone already pointed this out.... First thing first ....come back to US.

Once you are in US do following:
1) Send a letter to consulate in your home country requesting 'withdrawl of FTJ' .
2) Send a letter to USCIS requesting I-824 withdrawl.

Your spouse can't get immigrant visa ('FTJ approval') if you withdraw sponsership or petition.

john2020 said:
I am primary applicant :(

usnycus said:

Please clarify.

Crazy Processing !

john20,

Sorry about your situation. You will end up in getting thru that.

Hi POJ, ansi, njblue, srini, rammy & all,

I am writing after 3 weeks of crazy stuffs....

I sent pack 3 weeks bak to my wife...and she sent it to chennai consulate 2 weeks bak..... I was shocked last before night when i called chennai consulate they said they r processing now 98 Jan ???? and my PD is june 2002. Ansi ! its one year after urs .....!@!#$ ..besides what i feel, i am worried how to convey this bak there ....esp.. i dont even have a clue how long it might take approx .... u guys have any idea ? please share... when i seee people who have PD 2000 waiting still.....the scene literally troubles me !! Anyway, we all r sailing in some kinda boat !

-Comments please...

Last edited by a moderator:
mega007 said:
I sent pack 3 weeks bak to my wife...and she sent it to chennai consulate 2 weeks bak..... I was shocked last before night when i called chennai consulate they said they r processing now 98 Jan ???? and my PD is june 2002.

We all affected with that retrogression, many ppl are sharing about that,
we all waiting for that 'Bill' to be passed and become rule/law. so spouses will be exempted with retrogression.

We all hopeful and waiting .

Good Luck

GMC92 said:

GMC92

Your Husband may need to discus with Attorney about 'Physician/Nurces and exempt "Schedule A Workers" catagory" to see if there is the way or he can fit/switch , I believe that catagory is exempt from retrogress.

Visa bulletin
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2712.html

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.