Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Reference: China FTJ Applicants

Dear Guangzhou FTJ applicants:

I found a forum for (mei guo ren) Americans who want to
marry and bring their spouse over to USA.

Their K-1 Visa process is very similar to FTJ
except for a few minor differences.

The forum is full of useful interview questions, experiences,
consulate tips, tricks, short-cuts and travel information
on Guangzhou. I found it *very, very* informative.

It is also in Chinese, here it is:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

Sadly...I also noted, it takes about 3.5 to 4.5 months to get
the Appointment Packet (Packet 4) :(

FTJ help please

Hi every one:

I was wondering on the papers required for the interview for the spouse's immigrant visa under FTJ benefit. My I-485 got approved under employment basis and my wife is in India and wants to file for immigrant visa under FTJ. We married before my I-485 approval.

My concern is does SHE(my wife) need to show in her interview the following things: like my employment DETAILS including job title, employer's letter, pay checks, proof that I am in the same job from which I got greencard etc?

What if I change the employer who sponsored me after the I-485 approval? Can the Chennai consulate deny my wife's immigrant visa under FTJ if I change the employer immediately after my I-485 approval? Do I have to stick to the same employer who sponsored me in order to get the FTJ benefit for my wife? Please share your experiences on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
As per Oct Visa Bulletin...

scn0718 said:
I got my GC(Eb2) and I have applied for FTJ for my wife. My PD was Aug 2001. The date mentioned in the bulletin is Nov-99 for Eb2.
Will 'Follow to join' cases get approved as per PD?

Sorry....since your PD (08/2001) > EB2 Cut-off date (01/11/1999),
your FTJ case will not be eligible for approval.
:(

mojavetoo said:
Since the consulate says, "...send us the originals of...I-824 **approvals**...", you cannot start your FTJ until your I-824 is approved.

Please do not, under any circumstances, send originals to
the consulate. You should send the originals to your spouse for the
interview but never send originals to the consulate;
if your original Approval Notices get lost, it is very troublesome
to get copies from USCIS.

If you have to send documents to the consulate,
send *notarized/authenticated* documents.
This is very important to keep in mind.

Nebraska Service Center is taking about 1 year to processing I-824 :(

Reason I wanted to send documents before approval is so that I can secure a visa number for her... when they issue a case number it means we're in queue for the visa number, right?

Thanks!

Try if you wish

ifi5000 said:

Reason I wanted to send documents before approval is so that I can secure a visa number for her... when they issue a case number it means we're in queue for the visa number, right?

Thanks!

Why don't you send your *notarized* list of certificates,
and other documents to the consulate and see if they're
willing to give you a case number. The worse that can
possibly happen is they return your paperwork (which
is what happened to me).

Good luck ;)

ifi5000 said:

Thanks!

824 approval is not required to initiate FTJ (in many ind/pak CP).

>> I can secure a visa number for her..when they issue a case number it means we're in queue for the visa number,

No, Visa Number is taken from current pool available, and it is not reserved till Adjudicate officer make final dicission, only after approving that case he seeks/request to DOS(Dept of State) to assign v-number.

Note: ur docs seems fine include 140 with it, and use all doc 485apvd/824 recp, NOTARIZED. (notarized do work as Orginal and acceptable).

Good Luck

Hi

i am new to this board. i am sending documents to consulate to start the case. 1) shall i send notarized copy of each and every page of my current and all expired passports (hard to notarize all 90+ pages)? 2) About I-134: i am sponsoring my wife, she has a professional degree and may or may not work when she gets here. What shall i write in #11 of i-134? i'm willing to support her which means i need to check "intend"??? And what to write in those three blank lines? i want to be responsible for everything she needs but cant figure out what to write there. any ideas?

thank you all for reading.

toyotacamry said:
i am new to this board. i am sending documents to consulate to start the case. 1) shall i send notarized copy of each and every page of my current and all expired passports (hard to notarize all 90+ pages)? 2) About I-134: i am sponsoring my wife, she has a professional degree and may or may not work when she gets here. What shall i write in #11 of i-134? i'm willing to support her which means i need to check "intend"??? And what to write in those three blank lines? i want to be responsible for everything she needs but cant figure out what to write there. any ideas?

thank you all for reading.

First Wellcome on board, :D

>>1) shall i send notarized copy of each and every page of my current and all expired passports (hard to notarize all 90+ pages)?

Yes all docs should be notazd, if u have difficulty then u may use single page as certificate of Notarize, write name and PP# from page ?? to ??.

>> 2) About I-134: i am sponsoring my wife, she has a professional degree and may or may not work when she gets here. What shall i write in #11 of i-134?

Write/check I intened, and in blank lines, simply mention that u will fully support all exp of travel,boarding, accomdation, food , medical etc.
(don't worry its just protocol :D )

Good Luck

Question for Sonya Sun, ASDFGHJKL123, and SnowFlake66

Dear Sonya Sun, ASDFGHJKL123, and SnowFlake66,

Please let me know:

1) are you EB3, EB2 or EB1?

2) did Guangzhou ask you to fill I-864 or I-134 for Affidavit of Support?

I'm EB3 and Guangzhou told me to use I-864.
So I'm just trying to confirm the accuracy of their information.

Thank you and wish you all the best,
mojavetoo

Please comment on my situation ..

Guys,
I got married in Jun 2005 and my green card approved on July 2005. I came back to US just 4 days after my marriage. Will it cause any problem during the interview.
Thanks

No problem

aix2005 said:
Guys,
I got married in Jun 2005 and my green card approved on July 2005. I came back to US just 4 days after my marriage. Will it cause any problem during the interview.
Thanks

You have no problems.

They will ask why though....

priority dates !

things have changed drastically since yesterday's announcement by state department
about visa avaliability.

The priority dates for EB-2 , EB-3 have gone back to 1999 - 2000 .

So if your priority date is before that date only then your wife or husband will to able to get the immigrant visa , but if your priority date is after those dates , then you wife
will have to wait for the visa numbers to become available.

Yesterday's state department visa bulliton has a very deep impact all the employments
based immigrants , their spouses , wether they waiting for thier adjustment of status or consular processing of the immigrant visa.

thanks
Sukhjinder

sukhish said:
The priority dates for EB-2 , EB-3 have gone back to 1999 - 2000 .

So if your priority date is before that date only then your wife or husband will to able to get the immigrant visa , but if your priority date is after those dates , then you wife will have to wait for the visa numbers to become available.

how to find out what was my priority date?

priority date !at was my pr

your priority date will be the date your Permanent labor certification was filed ( not approved ) with the labor department.

if your applying for your spouse in the following-to-join category his or her
priority date will be the same as your's.

And if your priority date is after the date what is publised in the state department's visa bulliten then she will have to wiait until those visa numbers move beyond or upto your priority date, even thought might have already received your green card.

Even spouses who applied for adjustment of status ( I-485 ) , but who have not been approved yet will be cought in the same net.

Actually you can find your priority date on your I-485 approval notice.

thanks
Sukhjinder

sukhish said:
..........And if your priority date is after the date what is publised in the state department's visa bulliten then she will have to wiait until those visa numbers move beyond or upto your priority date, even thought might have already received your green card.

we will be waiting :(
my 824 is in process, can i file 130 as second option?

I-864

mojavetoo said:
Dear Sonya Sun, ASDFGHJKL123, and SnowFlake66,

Please let me know:

1) are you EB3, EB2 or EB1?

2) did Guangzhou ask you to fill I-864 or I-134 for Affidavit of Support?

I'm EB3 and Guangzhou told me to use I-864.
So I'm just trying to confirm the accuracy of their information.

Thank you and wish you all the best,
mojavetoo
My preference Category is F4. GZ ask I-864 for Affidavit of Support. so I filled I-864.
Good luck

130 process

What is the procedure for filing I-130. Since the Employment catagory is backed so much, I am thinking of filing I-130. Please comment ...

Status
Not open for further replies.