Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
ansi2004 said:
Hello NJBLUE

Sorry for the delay. I was able to tweak the pdf in Adobe Professional (Trial version I downloaded from: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatpro/tryout.html ). I did it long time ago and now the trial has ended so it would not let me do it again. Unfortuntely I dont have the PDF that I tweaked earlier. I tried to tweak it using Adobe Standard but it would not let me do it since it is locked (Remember, Adobe pro let me tweak it although it was locked).

So, I would suggest you to download the Adobe pro from the link above and tweak it. Otherwise, you are better off filling up the form manually!

Thanks,
Ansi.
Hello Ansi2004

Thanks a lot man. I really appreicate your help.

I will try that today and let you know.

Thanks again.
Thanks

Approved

I`m A Green Card Holder, E-b3 Since April 2004 By June 04 , Contacted A Lawyer To Try To Bring My Family Here,( At That Time I Din`t Know About Ftj)he Filled I-130 And I Was Too Scare For The Long Wait, They Said 3 Years Or More!.thanks To This Forum I Learned About Ftj, I Told My Lawyer About I-824 And His Answer Was " Don`t Worry Everthing Is Ok".but I-130 Was Already Filled On June 04. Then I Decided To Spend Some Money On 3 I -824 Wife + Two Kids .sent First I 824 For Wife Then 5 Days Later Sent The Other Two For Kids ,six Days Later I Got Receipt For Both I-824 Kids, I Was Waiting For Wife`s Receipt And Nothing ,three Days After That I Got Nine E-mails Confirmation Kids __i-130 Approval__ Same Day A Letter With Check Which Say Wife`s Numerical And Written Do Not Match !today I Had Resend My Wife`s Again Lets See What Happens.does Any BodY knows After I-130 Approved What`s The Next Step? My Family Is Over Seas. Thankyou To Every One In This Forum. :confused:

TORO

I always try to encourge ppl, plz don't get me wrong by reading this. we all pray for ur family to re-join ASAP. we all are on same boat.

>>>>> sent First I 824 For Wife Then 5 Days Later Sent The Other Two For Kids ,six Days Later I Got Receipt For Both I-824 Kids,

What make u send seperatly, ?????
ppl are suffering by them already that even hus/wife send together 485 they got seperated, ..... u are sending already seperate???? whats the logic?

>>>>>After That I Got Nine E-mails Confirmation Kids __i-130 Approval__

Plz read the I-130 procedure on USCIS web site, I beliee it says even the visa petition 130 is approved the relative (family based) have to wait for visa number available for them read visa bullitten. its mean even u have approved 130 on hand, it may take more time than FTJ path.

What to do?????

Here is thing to und first, don't panic First, and don't worry even u have send 130.

If u from India/Pak and if ur consulate allow FTJ case initiate before 824 approval (don't assume research/find it even u are not from ind/pak), and you have fild 824 and have receipt on hand, send it with supporting doc to consulate immidiately to request them FTJ case initiate for ur family. (don't worry even ur spouse 824 receipt is not on hand.) just send all supporting doc.

Again my understanding is 130 is long route for LPR, but not for citizens. becz their 130 have periority and the immidiate relative of Citizens do not have to wait for visa number neither they fall in any per country limit. but LPR do unfortunately.

so if ur family can be re-unite in short cut without any issue. why not follow it seriously.

U may follow 130 along with, but try to go FTJ path first.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
why ?

i send i824 for wife first because I though I HAVE TO SEND ONLY ONE then they told me that it have to be 1 I-824 for each of them. I am from Colombia i dont know if I can initiate I-824 whithout approval I`m to try and let you know. thanks PRINCEOFJUNGLE

checklist and bankstatement

Hi usnycus, ansi2004 and POJ and everybody,

I am having the following stuffs ready to send docs to chennai consulate to initiate FTJ except the orignal bank statement from bank.[number 12]

1. Form DS 230 Part I signed by my spouse.
2. Form I134 signed by me before a notary public.
3. Copy of I-824 receipt.
4. Copy of I-485 Approval Notice.
5. Copy all pages of passport of both myself and my spouse.
6. Copy of Marriage certificate.
7. Copy of Birth certificate of my spouse.
8. Copy of I-551 Stamping in the Passport.
9. Copy of my Green card (Both the sides).
10. Copy of my W2 forms for Year 2003,2004.
11. Copy of my last two months Pay Stubs.
12. Bank Statement showing my account balance.
13. Employment Letter from my Employer.
14. Police Clearance Certificates of my spouse.

Do you suggest me to wait for few days to get it from the bank or is it ok If i send with the Print out ? I am guessing that I shud wait for the statment - They should able to send it to me in few days If I call them today !

And besides, Do I miss anything else here ?

Thanks.

mega007 said:

I am having the following stuffs ready to send docs to chennai consulate to initiate FTJ except the orignal bank statement from bank.[number 12]

Do you suggest me to wait for few days to get it from the bank or is it ok If i send with the Print out ? I am guessing that I shud wait for the statment - They should able to send it to me in few days If I call them today !

Thanks.

Mega,
For intiating FTJ case, u doesnt have to send item no's 2,10,11,13,14.I would suggest send the docs right away.Dont waste on time that is not required at this moment .U need these docs (no's 2,10,11,13,14)while interview....

Bank statement is not required right away send rest of the docs ASAP
Good luck
RM101

TORO said:
i send i824 for wife first because I though I HAVE TO SEND ONLY ONE then they told me that it have to be 1 I-824 for each of them. I am from Colombia i dont know if I can initiate I-824 whithout approval I`m to try and let you know. thanks PRINCEOFJUNGLE

Okay, don't worry,

I und, its okay don't worry, always try to read instructions on every form first this may help to clear something we assume.

I beleive u are waiting for ur spouse 824 receipt.? right. take a couple of week. but don't wait much. if u receive fine if not than. go ahead and proceed the following what other are doing. doesn't matter the columbia consulate does/doesen't process without 824 approval.

-------------------------Sample cover letter for F2J case initiate request

To
IMMIGRANT VISA SECTION,
Complete Address

Subject : Following-to-join benifit for my spouse.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I bacame permanent resident of the U.S on ( "put date" ) ,I got my permanent residency
through employment category , I would like to apply for the following-to-join
benifit for my spouse, since we were married prior to my permanent residency.

Please find the enclosed document

1) Notorized copy of I-824 receipt.
2) Notorized copy of I-485 adjustment.
3) notorized copy all pages of passport
4) copy of marriage certificate
5) copy of birth certificate of my spouse. and children.
6. use a seperate sheet and write all detail about ur sposue and chilren

MY soupse's local addres in your country is .

"HIS/HER NAME"
"REST OF THE ADDRESS"

thank you,
your's sincerely
ABC

Date :

----------------------------------------------

Send them all doc with case initiate cover letter,

use a seperate paper as check list of doc and 'check' all doc u are attaching.

after two week call them and see what do they say.

Good Luck

Complete list of FTJ Docs

mega007 said:

Thanks.

Like RM101 said, dont wait any longer. Send them right now.

Here is a complete list of documents that I put together:

2. Notarized Copy of I-824 receipt (Form I-797).
3. Notarized Copy of I-485 Approval Notice (Form I-797).
4. Notarized Copy of I-551 Stamping in the Passport.
5. Notarized Copy of all pages of passport of Spouse.
6. Notarized Copy of all pages of passport of myself.
7. Notarized Copy of Marriage certificate.
8. Notarized Copy of Birth Certificate OR UnObtainable Birth certificate of spouse.
9. Notarized Copy of Affidavit of Spouse' Birth by her mother - Only required if submitting un-obtainable birth certificate.
10. Notarized Copy of Affidavit of Spouse' Birth by her father - Only required if submitting un-obtainable birth certificate.
11. Form DS 2001 signed by my spouse.
12. Interview Letter from the Consulate.
13. Form DS 230 Part II (NOT SIGNED).
14. Notarized Copy of my Green card (Both the sides).
15. Notarized Form I134 signed by me.
16. Copy of my W2 forms for past few years.
17. Copy of Tax Returns (IRS Form 1040) for past few years.
18. Copy of my Pay Stubs for past few months.
19. Letter from Bank showing my account balance.
20. Bank statements for past few months.
21. Employment Verification Letter from my Employer.
22. Police Clearance Certificate for my spouse from the Passport Office.
23. Police Clearance Certificate for my spouse from District Police station.
24. Police Clearance Certificate for my spouse from her previous place(s) of stay.
25. Medical test results from the panel physician.
26. 3 Photos as per Consulate's specification.
27. Immigrant Visa Fees (Currently $335+$45 * 44 = INR 16,720 - For "American Consulate General, Chennai")
28. Courier Fees (Cash for INR 350)
29. Original Passport of my Spouse.
30. Original Marriage Certificate.
31. Original Birth Certificate OR Un-Obtainable Birth Certificate.

Mega, certainly include DS2001 in the initial docs.

Guys, Feel free to update this list if you come across any thing new.

Thanks,
Ansi.

Thanks

Thanks RM and ansi.

I am going to send all the docs soon. By the way, I just got this ds230 part 1 filled and all police cle. certs from India in courier and gonna receive tomorrow. But I do not have the ds2001 rightnow. I am going to send without it.

I was always wondering to send all the docs so that they wont ask me again and thought of increasing the chance of receiving the packet 4 directly ...

Anyway, lets c. Good luck for all.

ansi2004 said:
Like RM101 said, dont wait any longer. Send them right now.

Here is a complete list of documents that I put together:

2. Notarized Copy of I-824 receipt (Form I-797).
3. Notarized Copy of I-485 Approval Notice (Form I-797).
4. Notarized Copy of I-551 Stamping in the Passport.
5. Notarized Copy of all pages of passport of Spouse.
6. Notarized Copy of all pages of passport of myself.
7. Notarized Copy of Marriage certificate.
8. Notarized Copy of Birth Certificate OR UnObtainable Birth certificate of spouse.
9. Notarized Copy of Affidavit of Spouse' Birth by her mother - Only required if submitting un-obtainable birth certificate.
10. Notarized Copy of Affidavit of Spouse' Birth by her father - Only required if submitting un-obtainable birth certificate.
11. Form DS 2001 signed by my spouse.
12. Interview Letter from the Consulate.
13. Form DS 230 Part II (NOT SIGNED).
14. Notarized Copy of my Green card (Both the sides).
15. Notarized Form I134 signed by me.
16. Copy of my W2 forms for past few years.
17. Copy of Tax Returns (IRS Form 1040) for past few years.
18. Copy of my Pay Stubs for past few months.
19. Letter from Bank showing my account balance.
20. Bank statements for past few months.
21. Employment Verification Letter from my Employer.
22. Police Clearance Certificate for my spouse from the Passport Office.
23. Police Clearance Certificate for my spouse from District Police station.
24. Police Clearance Certificate for my spouse from her previous place(s) of stay.
25. Medical test results from the panel physician.
26. 3 Photos as per Consulate's specification.
27. Immigrant Visa Fees (Currently $335+$45 * 44 = INR 16,720 - For "American Consulate General, Chennai")
28. Courier Fees (Cash for INR 350)
29. Original Passport of my Spouse.
30. Original Marriage Certificate.
31. Original Birth Certificate OR Un-Obtainable Birth Certificate.

Mega, certainly include DS2001 in the initial docs.

Guys, Feel free to update this list if you come across any thing new.

Thanks,
Ansi.

Hi ansi,
Did ur wife get the interview letter.and date??/Many of docs like original passport,DDS etc will be need only during interview and why did u mailed them?I am little confused.Can u plz clarify?
RM101

rm101 said:
Hi ansi,
Did ur wife get the interview letter.and date??/Many of docs like original passport,DDS etc will be need only during interview and why did u mailed them?I am little confused.Can u plz clarify?
RM101

RM101

May be I did not explain properly. My wife has not received the interview letter yet.

The list I gave above is just a "Complete list of Docs required for FTJ".

I only sent the docs 1 to 10 in the above list. Now I am planning to send Doc 11 in the list (which is DS2001) because I did not have it at the time when I sent intial docs 1 to 10.

Also, I have not received the GC yet so I did not inlcude Doc 14 (which is copy of Green card) along with the initial docs.

Spouse need to carry the remaining docs personally when she goes for the interview!

Hope this is clear.

Now, do you guys think this is the entire list or some more docs are needed?

Thanks,
Ansi.

I got my I-485 approval 33 days back. And got married in February 2004. But did not include my wife on my 485.

Now I am trying to file 'follow to join' (I-824).

I spoke to a lawyer - she says there are no visa number available for EB3 :(
So even if I file I-824 (follow to join), it might take more than a year for her to get here :(

Please help - what to do?

ansi2004 said:
RM101

May be I did not explain properly. My wife has not received the interview letter yet.

The list I gave above is just a "Complete list of Docs required for FTJ".

I only sent the docs 1 to 10 in the above list. Now I am planning to send Doc 11 in the list (which is DS2001) because I did not have it at the time when I sent intial docs 1 to 10.

Also, I have not received the GC yet so I did not inlcude Doc 14 (which is copy of Green card) along with the initial docs.

Spouse need to carry the remaining docs personally when she goes for the interview!

Hope this is clear.

Now, do you guys think this is the entire list or some more docs are needed?

Thanks,
Ansi.

Ansi,
Thanks for quick response.I was just making sure with docs.As per i know those docs are enough.
Thanks again
RM101

Follow to Join from Pakistan

Hi,

How long does it take to Follow to Join from Pakistan?

Does I-130 take longer?

Regards!

honey_please said:
I got my I-485 approval 33 days back. And got married in February 2004. But did not include my wife on my 485.

Now I am trying to file 'follow to join' (I-824).

I spoke to a lawyer - she says there are no visa number available for EB3 :(
So even if I file I-824 (follow to join), it might take more than a year for her to get here :(

Please help - what to do?
Eb3 Visa will'e available from OCt1 with cutoff date. It depends on your PD? My advice is start the process i.e filing I-824.

rajinca said:
Eb3 Visa will'e available from OCt1 with cutoff date. It depends what's your PD? My advice is start the process i.e filing I-824.

I heard 'Follow to Join' priority date is always current for people from Pakistan, is that correct?

Regards!

ifi5000 said:
Hi,

How long does it take to Follow to Join from Pakistan?

Does I-130 take longer?

Regards!

130 is 3-5 yrs story. FTJ is shortcut, as we shared before :D , I belive u do understand the requirement of FTJ that u should have get married before 485 approval.

also I have sent u a pvt msg.

Good Luck

ifi5000 said:
I heard 'Follow to Join' priority date is always current for people from Pakistan, is that correct?

Regards!

Don't get confused with 'Family based' cases,

Periority dates are not applied on FTJ cases. your spouse will use your catageory(EB) not family. so if u are apporved its mean ur periority is current thats why they approve u. :D . and she would be using ur EB catagory. :D .

----------------------------
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/Appproc.htm#Following

Following-to-Join Benefits for Spouses

If you were married before you became a lawful permanent resident, and your spouse did not physically accompany you to the U.S., your spouse may be eligible for following-to-join benefits. This means that you do not have to submit a separate Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, for your spouse, and your spouse will not have to wait any extra time for a visa number to become available. In this case, you may simply notify a U.S. Consulate that you are a lawful permanent resident so that your spouse can apply for an immigrant visa.
--------------------------------------------------

Good luck

ifi5000 said:

Regards!
Yes for Pakistan PD is current unless no Visa number available as it happened now.

rajinca said:
Yes for Pakistan PD is current unless no Visa number available as it happened now.

PD is always current only for immdediate relatives of USC. Everyone else has to wait for their PD to become current and a visa number to be avaiable. FTJ cases have to wait for their PD and It is not country specific (though each country has its own quota to fill every year).

Status
Not open for further replies.