Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
calerius said:
Hi ftj91,
The mail clearly says that approved I824 was required by chennai consulate. But you mentioned in the post and also people's experience on the forum says that an approved I-824 is not required to initiate the case. So my question is was this email to the consulate dated in 2004. And I am hearing that DS230-part I needs to be part of the initial set of documents. I thought this would be part of the packet 3 sent to my spouse.
And another question was relating to the point (4). evidence of admission as LPR. I don't have any stamping in the passport as LPR. I just got my green card to begin with. So I am not too sure what that means in my case. any ideas.
Thanks for the info posted on the forum.

-calerius

Yeah, there is some confusion even within a consulate. Different people seem to be getting different answers. Best thing would be to do both. Apply for the I-824 and send the above docs (with I-824 receipt instead of I-824 approval) to the consulate. If they say they have to wait for I-824 approval to proceed, you have nothing to lose.

My wife never got a packet3. They directly sent us packet4, maybe because I had already sent them the DS230I and told them we are ready for the interview (DS2001). Again exact procedure depends on consulate. But as a rule of thumb sending extra information is not a bad thing.

I sent them a certified copy of my GC only.

ftj91 said:
Yeah, there is some confusion even within a consulate. Different people seem to be getting different answers. Best thing would be to do both. Apply for the I-824 and send the above docs (with I-824 receipt instead of I-824 approval) to the consulate. If they say they have to wait for I-824 approval to proceed, you have nothing to lose.

My wife never got a packet3. They directly sent us packet4, maybe because I had already sent them the DS230I and told them we are ready for the interview (DS2001). Again exact procedure depends on consulate. But as a rule of thumb sending extra information is not a bad thing.

I sent them a certified copy of my GC only.
no need to file I-824 for chennai.. Look at old posts from Misterguy page 70-73

calerius said:
Hi ftj91,
The mail clearly says that approved I824 was required by chennai consulate. But you mentioned in the post and also people's experience on the forum says that an approved I-824 is not required to initiate the case. So my question is was this email to the consulate dated in 2004. And I am hearing that DS230-part I needs to be part of the initial set of documents. I thought this would be part of the packet 3 sent to my spouse.
And another question was relating to the point (4). evidence of admission as LPR. I don't have any stamping in the passport as LPR. I just got my green card to begin with. So I am not too sure what that means in my case. any ideas.
Thanks for the info posted on the forum.

-calerius

As soon as you get your 485 approval, you go to the nearby INS to get a stamp in the passport. At the same time, you will apply for green card. I don't understand when u say u just got ur green card but u have no stamp ? DO u mean u just got ur 485 approval notice. If so, u need to go get the stamping done... u need a copy of this in ur FTJ docs sending to the consulate..........

Also, regarding ur I-824, u call today u will get one answer, tomorrow u get another... they r very inconsistent within the consulate... I applied for 824, waited for the reciept and sent it along with other docs... some people didn't even apply 824.... I even sent a scanned copy of approved I-797 C of I-824 for their records (didn't wait for the consulate to get notified of 824 approval, coz I have never seen one case where in the consulate said they received approval though the INS claims it sent an approval...........)

Srini

Yes. Its possible to recieve the actual I-551 card without ADIT stamp

Lately there are few cases where people are recieving their I-485 approvals saying they dont have to do anything but just wait for the Green Card to arrive within few weeks.

In these cases people dont do their ADIT stamping (they dont even seem to know what this is because they were not asked to undergo this step). Their green card comes to them soon in USPS mail!

Kinda interesting... so many ways... so many problems!

Thanks,
Ansi.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did they know your email

Salimj said:
i has submitted all the papers required to the Mumbai Consulate on Monday... and i got a mail today with a case number and request for DS-230..
I am glad got a case number before the 30th of June...

:)

Salim

Where did you mention your email when you sent the documents? Did you follow up with an email later?

I sent the documents to chennai and they recieved it on 27th of June as per fedex tracking. I followed up with an email but still have not heard anything... keeping my fingers crossed to see if they create case now or will they wait until visa number is available!

Thanks,
Ansi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Need your creative suggestions please

Guys

Now I am speculating that it will be end of year or may be even Jan 06 before my wife can go for FTJ interview. In that case, I am so much desperate and dont want to wait here that long... I want to visit India and be with her.

But no company will let an employee take a vacation or leave of absence that long... So, I have to leave my job. But when she goes for the interview, I need to sumbit the recent pay stub and Employment Verification letter...

Can you guys think of any way to overcome this? Like finding a job here that wants me to go and work overseas in India for their offshore dev center while keeping me on their payroll here ... Or something of that sort?

I would appreciate all your suggestions guys... Please help me out!

Thanks,
Ansi.

srini_pvr said:
As soon as you get your 485 approval, you go to the nearby INS to get a stamp in the passport. At the same time, you will apply for green card. I don't understand when u say u just got ur green card but u have no stamp ? DO u mean u just got ur 485 approval notice. If so, u need to go get the stamping done... u need a copy of this in ur FTJ docs sending to the consulate..........

Also, regarding ur I-824, u call today u will get one answer, tomorrow u get another... they r very inconsistent within the consulate... I applied for 824, waited for the reciept and sent it along with other docs... some people didn't even apply 824.... I even sent a scanned copy of approved I-797 C of I-824 for their records (didn't wait for the consulate to get notified of 824 approval, coz I have never seen one case where in the consulate said they received approval though the INS claims it sent an approval...........)

Srini

Hi Srini,
As ansi2004 says in #1393, I never had to go for passport stamping as I got my green card in the mail within a week of approval. so am wondering now do I have to get my passport stamped using ADIT.

thanks
calerius

calerius said:
Hi Srini,
As ansi2004 says in #1393, I never had to go for passport stamping as I got my green card in the mail within a week of approval. so am wondering now do I have to get my passport stamped using ADIT.

thanks
calerius

Well, stamping is done in lieu of the green card/a temporary proof of residence. If you did get ur green card, that is what they want to see. Don't worry about stamping........ plastic card is what matters.......

Srini

I am desperate... Please help guys

ansi2004 said:
Guys

Now I am speculating that it will be end of year or may be even Jan 06 before my wife can go for FTJ interview. In that case, I am so much desperate and dont want to wait here that long... I want to visit India and be with her.

But no company will let an employee take a vacation or leave of absence that long... So, I have to leave my job. But when she goes for the interview, I need to sumbit the recent pay stub and Employment Verification letter...

Can you guys think of any way to overcome this? Like finding a job here that wants me to go and work overseas in India for their offshore dev center while keeping me on their payroll here ... Or something of that sort?

I would appreciate all your suggestions guys... Please help me out!

Thanks,
Ansi.

Guys

Please help me... I am looking for your ideas and suggestions. I would really appreciate all your help!

Thanks,
Ansi.

ansi2004 said:
Guys

Please help me... I am looking for your ideas and suggestions. I would really appreciate all your help!

Thanks,
Ansi.

Let me, be honest with u , do not jeopardize not only ur spouse case but also your GC too, by doing stupid unreverseable mistake. be patient , let FTJ procedure to be done, whatever time it takes.

Good Luck

Get Webcam and Notebook for wife

ansi2004 said:
Guys

Thanks,
Ansi.

Don't fret and worry like that....get a webcam and a notebook for your
wife. Then both of you can talk and see each other everyday.

I use MSN Messenger. It's free ;)
You could also use Skype. Or Yahoo Messenger.

FTJ is only 6 months of your life...relax.

Get a lawyer...

DD2003 said:
Uncle came to USA on family based green card and filed for his wife follow to join.

She got biographic information letter after a year. She was late in filling by three months.

Looks like case is closed because of delay in fillng.

What is the quickest way to get her to USA.

1 ) file I-824 ?
2) is there any way to open old approved petition ?

In my humble opinion, you need to get professional legal assistance.

Try asking a lawyer...perhaps a one hour consultation with Rajiv Khanna.

mojavetoo said:
Don't fret and worry like that....get a webcam and a notebook for your
wife. Then both of you can talk and see each other everyday.

I use MSN Messenger. It's free ;)
You could also use Skype. Or Yahoo Messenger.

FTJ is only 6 months of your life...relax.

Good advise,

If anyone not aware of it and if it help to increase voice quality, you should use net meeting.

Its simple after some setting in option (uncheck full duplix for no return voice).(when install or use option to 'do not list' and 'don't login in directory') that would help u a complete point to point, best for family.

MS Netmeeting is very quit software. no noises, even work great on low bandwidh (with no camera).

you can have Static IP here which enable you to keep same IP everytime when u are on net. all she do is to know ur IP addresss to call.

MS net meeting is free, and good advantage of msn and yahoo is netmeeting is two client point to point workout, msn and yahoo are server based. u may use msn to lean if they are online, and then call net meeting. :D .

, in win XP Netmeeting is called 'conf' . its builtin software comes with XP, u can run by clicking 'Start' > 'Run' and typeing 'conf'

wish u good luck and enjoy a real family meeting :D

-------------------------------------

What if they don't have computer :D

Use IP phone (hardware based) to install at ur home in home country, there are many IP phones that work wihout comptuer, all u need is ISP account in home country they would setup that phone by entering 'dialup' info. when she need to talk to u (assuming u have broadband 24hr on)connection she would press button like regular phone.... and u r phone will ring withou spending any $.

if u are interested use 'google engine' and search IP hardware based phones.

Good LUck

DD2003 said:
Uncle came to USA on family based green card and filed for his wife follow to join.

She got biographic information letter after a year. She was late in filling by three months.

Looks like case is closed because of delay in fillng.

What is the quickest way to get her to USA.

1 ) file I-824 ?
2) is there any way to open old approved petition ?

Plz share more clear , step by step , and in detail.

its difficult to to understand what u mean 'look like cse is close'????

Good luck

SSN question

Experts/Gurus:

My wife recently got her green card after a successful FTJ process. She answered yes to the question about whether she needed a SSN on the DS-230. How long does it take to get her card ? Do I need any followup on it or do I need to go to the nearby SSN office and check on it ??

Regards
Srini

srini_pvr said:
Experts/Gurus:

My wife recently got her green card after a successful FTJ process. She answered yes to the question about whether she needed a SSN on the DS-230. How long does it take to get her card ? Do I need any followup on it or do I need to go to the nearby SSN office and check on it ??

Regards
Srini

I was going to ask the same question. I remember reading a previous post by someone saying they got the social security card within a week. I might try to find out from the SSN office. Also, did your wife receive her green card? How long did it take after you entered the US?

srini_pvr said:
Experts/Gurus:

Regards
Srini

Congrats!

Can you please tell me How much fees did you pay... in how many different DDs?

Also, what all documents did you take along with the packet 4? I-134 or I-864? and what else?

Please let us know!

Thanks,
Ansi.

ansi2004 said:
Congrats!

Can you please tell me How much fees did you pay... in how many different DDs?

Also, what all documents did you take along with the packet 4? I-134 or I-864? and what else?

Please let us know!

Thanks,
Ansi.

Hi Ansi

Do you have any updates on your (wifes FTJ) case. My situation is also similar to yours. I had sent documents to Chennai consulate in the first week of June and hanvn't heard anything from them.

Thanks

Consulate needs confirmation of my LPR status

NJBLUE said:
Hi Ansi

Do you have any updates on your (wifes FTJ) case. My situation is also similar to yours. I had sent documents to Chennai consulate in the first week of June and hanvn't heard anything from them.

Thanks

When I sent an email, consulate replied back saying they need confirmation of my LPR status from USCIS.

I am not sure what else I can do or how else to confirm my LPR status. My I-824 has been already approved and that approval notice was also included in the docs I sent them.

I am not sure what else they want! Do you guys have any idea or have faced this problem?

Thanks,
Ansi.

Status
Not open for further replies.