Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
EB3 Retrogression & FTJ

Thanks rm101.. the latest Visa bulletin now says that there are no EB3 visas left
currently. I believe no immigrant visas in EB3 will be issued for now. Does this
mean processing will continue for FTJ cases (like fee bill generation, packet3,etc)
and the FTJ applications will sit in the Consulate abroad till visa number is available or
will initial processing stages also be frozen pending availability of visa numbers?
Thanks,
paras2

rm101 said:
Primary applicants priority date will be applied to FTJ case.If ur PD is around 2002 may/june they can process ur case immediately.
RM101

FTJ Approved

Guys:

My wife had a successful FTJ interview at Chennai. Her interview was on the 19th of May. We entered US (chicago) last friday. Immigration was smooth and the lady said she would receive her green card in 2 - 3 months.

I will be checking off the site (occasionally browsing). This forum is extremely helpful and informative. There are answers to most of the specific cases as well. Good luck to every body.

Some facts:
1) whatever is written on immigration site etc, Chennai consulate applies PDs for FTJ cases. You will get an interview only after the principal applicant's PD becomes current (check the visa bulletin for current PDs)
2) Please make sure to check your category (E-1,E-2 or E-3) and PD as soon as you receive ur case number (I was burned by this - lost 5 months)

Regards
Srini

Hi,

My I-824 was approved yesterday. If I send I-824 approval copy, I140 Approval copy, and my GC copy will Chennai consulate will be able to create a visa number for my wife?? So that we will not be affected by the retrogression??

Can some one say how I can notarize my documents in India thats acceptable to Chennai consulate??

Can any gurus comment ont his?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
824 vis for my wife

Prince of jungle and others,

Yes my 485 and wifes 824 got approved at the same time. My 485 was filed in Jan 2003(concurrent filing). Got my i140 approved in May 2003 and got married in september 2003(travelled on advanced parole). File 824 for my wife in March 2004. Got 485 and 824 approved on the same day in Feb 2005. Is this something weired?. Yes i filed 824 before 485 approval. The 824 approval notice says that the consulate in Islamabad pakistan has been informed about the change in your status. Beneficiary is my wife. It doesnt say anything else.
Islamabad embassy says that they didnt receive anything from USCIS. Now just recently they say that to proceed with my case they need the following:

- Original Approval Notice of I-140.

- A copy of Principal Alien's I-551 (Permanent Resident Card).

- Original Receipt Notice of I-824.

- A copy of Principal Alien's Adit stamp showing entry as an immigrant.

- Good copies of birth certificates and marriage certificate of Follow to join applicnats.

I dont know what is ADIT stamp and how can I show that I entered as an immigrant. I just got my 485 approved. Travelled in past on H1 and on advanced parole. I didnt get my green card yet because of the printing backlog in USCISl but I do have the stamp on my passport. Will that be ok for them.
You can contact me on skw29@hotmail.com. Any other opinion would be great to have.
Thanks a lot for your time.

kamrans said:

Yes my 485 and wifes 824 got approved at the same time. My 485 was filed in Jan 2003(concurrent filing). Got my i140 approved in May 2003 and got married in september 2003(travelled on advanced parole). File 824 for my wife in March 2004. Got 485 and 824 approved on the same day in Feb 2005. Is this something weired?. Yes i filed 824 before 485 approval. The 824 approval notice says that the consulate in Islamabad pakistan has been informed about the change in your status. Beneficiary is my wife. It doesnt say anything else.
Islamabad embassy says that they didnt receive anything from USCIS. Now just recently they say that to proceed with my case they need the following:

- Good copies of birth certificates and marriage certificate of Follow to join applicnats.

I dont know what is ADIT stamp and how can I show that I entered as an immigrant. I just got my 485 approved. Travelled in past on H1 and on advanced parole. I didnt get my green card yet because of the printing backlog in USCISl but I do have the stamp on my passport. Will that be ok for them.
You can contact me on skw29@hotmail.com. Any other opinion would be great to have.

Yes that is strange situation on ur 824, You are lucky person, many ppl filed their 824 before 485 approval. and even they got approval , they reject to approve their 824 , and asked to refile properly, the 824 is the "Application for Action on an Approved Application". and if 485 is not approved they don't accept. anyway u are lucky. :D

I believe ISB consulate is included to use Alpha posts. may be it takes time to update their system.

Share us how did u recently learn about doc they are asking.?

As u also shared that u already send the docs to ISB-consulate How did u send them the docs ?

using address here in US? or u send them by?????
(I am asking becz I believe they would have seprate mailing, it may take time ur docs were stuck becz on using mailing carrier.)

The ADIT stamp is passport stamping of I-551. if u already have GC card u don't need that. send copy of GC both side.

and if u don't have the GC card yet. get infopass by selecting option "Passport stamping" then go there for stamp, this is ADIT stamp. or temp proof of ur GC untill card is arrived.

btw are they asking 140?? approval notice or 485? :D

Good lUck

Inrisk said:
Hi,

My I-824 was approved yesterday. If I send I-824 approval copy, I140 Approval copy, and my GC copy will Chennai consulate will be able to create a visa number for my wife?? So that we will not be affected by the retrogression??

Can some one say how I can notarize my documents in India thats acceptable to Chennai consulate??

Can any gurus comment ont his?

Thanks
No visa's are available for E-3 categories,therefore if you are in EB-3 then you have to wait till oct.. You can create a case number for interview in oct...I hope that helps.

Thanks Raj!

But even if I apply before July 1, 2005, I cannot get a visa number?? Becoz as per the bulletin, the visa numbers are not available from July. Thats the reason I thot of sending it in next 3-5 days so that they can create a case number.

Thanks

the priority date of your dependent be it your spouse or your child will be the same as that of your 's.

So let's say your priority date is JUNE 2002 ( date you started your labor certification )
then your spouse will also be the same .

and if the current priority dates are after your priority date then there should be no problem at all.

thanks
Sukhjnder

How many applications?

I need to initiate the follow-to-join application. I have a spouse and two minor children (below age 13). Now, do I need to file one I-824 for the spouse only, or file three I-824's for spouse and the children? Anyone with experience or knowledge with this situation please help.

stamping

kamrans said:

Yes .Your ADIT stamp is stamping in ur passport is enough to show that u have green card.That is what they mean.When u are sending the copy dont forget to take the copy of all ur stampings from ur pasport..
They want to verify that u legally entered into US on legal status and now u have GC..
Thanks,
RM101

Jessief said:
I need to initiate the follow-to-join application. I have a spouse and two minor children (below age 13). Now, do I need to file one I-824 for the spouse only, or file three I-824's for spouse and the children? Anyone with experience or knowledge with this situation please help.

Hi jessief,

As per my knowledge u need to file only one 824 and in the additional sheet mention the names and address of all the people for whom u are requesting FTJ.

Also when u file 824 do remember to write priority date as ur labour PD.
Don t forget add atatched doc with people and address of whom u are adding.
Once u have receipt call consualte to tell next steps.

RM101

PrinceofJungle said:
Yes that is strange situation on ur 824, You are lucky person, many ppl filed their 824 before 485 approval. and even they got approval , they reject to approve their 824 , and asked to refile properly, the 824 is the "Application for Action on an Approved Application". and if 485 is not approved they don't accept. anyway u are lucky. :D

I believe ISB consulate is included to use Alpha posts. may be it takes time to update their system.

Share us how did u recently learn about doc they are asking.?

As u also shared that u already send the docs to ISB-consulate How did u send them the docs ?

using address here in US? or u send them by?????
(I am asking becz I believe they would have seprate mailing, it may take time ur docs were stuck becz on using mailing carrier.)

The ADIT stamp is passport stamping of I-551. if u already have GC card u don't need that. send copy of GC both side.

and if u don't have the GC card yet. get infopass by selecting option "Passport stamping" then go there for stamp, this is ADIT stamp. or temp proof of ur GC untill card is arrived.

btw are they asking 140?? approval notice or 485? :D

Good lUck

Hello friends,
I got a email from chennai to send intial docs for creating case number.Like prince said tehy dont mind the approval as tehy have there own way of verifying the status...
Thanks,
RM101

how long does consulate take for opening case

I had send all the documents to Chennai consulate sometime back. I was trying to reach the consulate over email to find out status, but of no use. Do you guys know how long does it take for the consulate to open a case for my spouse, once they receive all the documents. I had sent the following

copies of passport,green card, i140,i485 approval,marriage certificate, spouse date of birth certificate, all notorized.

Any experience in how to deal with this, please ?

Thanks
Calerius

To Check with Chennai Consulate

Celarius :
I too have sent in the notorized copies to the chennai consulate and awaiting for any kind of response from them. Did you try calling the consulate . we both seem to be sailing in the same boat. What is your PD..

FTJ05 said:
Celarius :
I too have sent in the notorized copies to the chennai consulate and awaiting for any kind of response from them. Did you try calling the consulate . we both seem to be sailing in the same boat. What is your PD..

My PD is Dec 2001 and category is EB2. I plan to call them sometime this week. Do let me know if anyone has any luck.

-calerius

Hi FTJ05 & calerius

My situation is also same as yours. I have sent a mail to Chennai Consulate requesting them initiate FTJ for my wife.

I have sent the same documents during the first week of June and I'm yet to receive response from them.

FTJ05 please let me know if you get any response.

My PD is January 2002 and category is EB3.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Visa numbers unavailable for EB3 till Oct 1, 2005

srini_pvr said:
Guys:

My wife had a successful FTJ interview at Chennai. Her interview was on the 19th of May. We entered US (chicago) last friday. Immigration was smooth and the lady said she would receive her green card in 2 - 3 months.

I will be checking off the site (occasionally browsing). This forum is extremely helpful and informative. There are answers to most of the specific cases as well. Good luck to every body.

Some facts:
1) whatever is written on immigration site etc, Chennai consulate applies PDs for FTJ cases. You will get an interview only after the principal applicant's PD becomes current (check the visa bulletin for current PDs)
2) Please make sure to check your category (E-1,E-2 or E-3) and PD as soon as you receive ur case number (I was burned by this - lost 5 months)

Regards
Srini

Hi Srini, can you give more details on your 2nd point? I think they will create the case number only if the visa number is available. Right? Or will they create the case number anyway even if the visa number is not available... BUT they will schedule the visa interview only when the visa number becomes available... which statement is true? Can you please shed us more light on this?

Thanks,
Ansi.

How to specify Priority Date in I-824

rm101 said:
Hi jessief,

As per my knowledge u need to file only one 824 and in the additional sheet mention the names and address of all the people for whom u are requesting FTJ.

Also when u file 824 do remember to write priority date as ur labour PD.
Don t forget add atatched doc with people and address of whom u are adding.
Once u have receipt call consualte to tell next steps.

RM101
Hi RM101,

When I go through the I-824 form, there is no placce asking for priority date.
There is one item asking for an application date... for which we need to fill up with the date we sent the I-485.

So, how to specify the priority date when filing I-824?

Thanks,
Ansi

ansi2004 said:
Hi RM101,

When I go through the I-824 form, there is no placce asking for priority date.
There is one item asking for an application date... for which we need to fill up with the date we sent the I-485.

So, how to specify the priority date when filing I-824?

Thanks,
Ansi

Attach a supporting letter along with I-824 form.

Status
Not open for further replies.