Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats

wdcpost said:
From My Wife :
POE was smooth but it was a long wait since there was long Q.
At the Immigration they asked few questions
where is your Husband ,what he do ,How long he is in USA,Have u ever been to USA before ?
Then He wrote I-34 Permenant Resisdence & A # XXXXXXXX in the PP .

Congrats, good to know at last its all done in your case.
If you don't mind can I ask you couple of questions (my wife's interview is scheduled in november!)
- Did you carry I-134 or I-864 for affidavit of support
- How many days would it take to finish medical checkup and lab, consulate site says that it has to done much earlier than a week. Would it be okay to plan 2 days before the interview (1 day for lister lab@chennai and next for doctors checkup)

Thanks

Live_Love_Laugh said:
Mike,

I am in the process of keeping the DS-230 form ready. Please confirm the following entries I made are true.

1. Part I information should contain my wife's details.
2. Is it OK to mention Item 12 of Part I as Home Maker?
3. There is not much space to enter addresses for Item 16 and 18. Can I say "Same as Item 13"?
4. Part II - Item 30, 31, 32. All items are "No" by default.
5. My wife should not write anything below Item 35 including signature.

Thanks for your help.
Live_Love_Laugh

Hello,
SOrry for the delay.

1) Yes
2) Oh sure, she is dependant so it doesnt matter,
3) I think you can , should not matter.
4)yes
5)Yes, she signs that in front of the officer during the interview.

good luck!

Signing OFF!

Hello,

My wife arrived over the weekend.
No problems at the POE. Just general questions and passport stamped for one year and within that should get her Green Card by mail.

Goodluck to all you guys. This form has been really helpful and please keep this going. If not for this form I would have wasted 1000's of dollars and delay in my wife's processing. There are lot of information that different people have contributed and its valuable information.

Once again, goodluck with all your visas and processing and I will be signing off from this site hereafter. Once in a while I might check this site if anybody assistance.

Take care,
Mike

usa_mirage said:
Congrats, good to know at last its all done in your case.
If you don't mind can I ask you couple of questions (my wife's interview is scheduled in november!)
- Did you carry I-134 or I-864 for affidavit of support
- How many days would it take to finish medical checkup and lab, consulate site says that it has to done much earlier than a week. Would it be okay to plan 2 days before the interview (1 day for lister lab@chennai and next for doctors checkup)

Thanks
Hi thank you and Best wishes for your wife's interview .
Yes my wife took I -134 for the interview ,2 days should be good enough .One day for Lab work and next day for Doctors visit .So i would think 3 days before the interview would be little bit comfortable just incase .

Congrats Mike...

Your advice and suggestions were very helpful... Hopefully every other's including my case would be as fruitful and fast as yours......

Best wishes
Srini

Caution at POE while entering US!

Just wanted to warn everybody who's wifes are arriving in US with a Immigratn Visa. During the processing at POE, sometime the officer forgets to write the Alien number and validity date ( endorsing the visa stamp) after putting the date seal ( red ink).

This is important because when you go for your Social security, they look for the officers endorsement, that is writing of the Alien number on the seal. Its same as getting a I-551 stamp at the local INS after GC is approved.

This happened to my wife as the officer totaly forgot about it even though he verbally said its valid till one year, and now we have to go to the local INS and get it done. I hear this is happenning very often at SFO airport POE.

So let your wives know that the officer has to write the A number when he puts the seal and remind him incase he forgets to do that.

PS: On the lighter note, my wifes SSN arrived one week after her arrival since she had filled the form asking US to assign her directly instead of going to the local SSN office during the time of her interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Mike

Congratulations Mike. I am really happy to hear the good news. This forum has really helped us a lot, especially experiences from people like you who went through this process. Now for you, it is time to relax. Please keep giving us some valuable advises during your freetime. It would help us a lot.

Thanks,
Live_Love_Laugh

Mysterguy.......need to apply 824 ?

I am also joining this thread... yesterday I got my 485 approved....i have to do follow to join for my wife ....
Mystryguy...did u get reply from chennai consulate regarding 824 ?
do we need to apply 824 or no need ?
I sent an email yesterday to them...waiting for reply....

Help !! I824 approval from TSC?? !!

Hi all,

TSC is processing I824 from July 2003 according to processing dates.

Thats a delay of 15 months right at TSC. Will the consulate wait for I824 to get approved before issuing the visa, or would a receipt from TSC be sufficient for the embassy to issue a F2J immigrant visa... anyone has experience applying thru TSC please help!!

What would the gurus suggest I do to expediate the F2J case??
Thanks!

GCWait02 said:
Hi all,

TSC is processing I824 from July 2003 according to processing dates.

Thats a delay of 15 months right at TSC. Will the consulate wait for I824 to get approved before issuing the visa, or would a receipt from TSC be sufficient for the embassy to issue a F2J immigrant visa... anyone has experience applying thru TSC please help!!

What would the gurus suggest I do to expediate the F2J case??
Thanks!

GCWait02, I know your anxiety but please read the earlier postings man. Again, your questions are answered there.
NO, usually consulates do not wait for I-824 approval to schedule and interview, unless you have not sent your application and waiting for the Consulate to initiate the process.

The normal procedure is 1) Submit I-824..wait for approval.
2) Once approved Consulate is notified by the BCIS
3) Consulate sends Packet 3 to the dependant
4) Once they receive completed application-- schedule interview and send Packet 4.
5) Interview- visa approved.
6) Spouse travels to US
7) You get busy and in 9 months you have a kid!!!!!!!
8) End of the story.

Answer is NO. Send your application with the I-824 receipt and other documents. That will get them started instead of waiting for approval. Many of ours visa was scheduled even before our I-824 was approved and still the processing dates are showing ealry this year even though its is already approved and our wives are here. So dont go buy the processing dates and atleast I know Madras Consulate does not care for I-824 approval.

Good luck!

Finally

My wife got a Welcome Letter Yesterday and Received Physical Card Today .It took 2 weeks after POE.
This Forum is Great ! No other words to explain about info/folks/help/advise etc... .
Sigining off now and I will be checking this forum and Respond when ever i get a chance .

Thanks Everyone and esply to Rajiv Khanna .

Good Luck!!!
:) :) :)

My wife received a case number y'day. We sent an email on the 22nd of october attaching a scanned copy of my I-824 approval. I do not know if that made it. They sent it to my wife's address (I donno how they must have got the address if they didn't see my documents I sent separately to the consulate). They read the mail on the 25th and they created a case on the 26th (the letter my wife got was dated 26th).

They sent packet 3 again to be filled up. The packet has a form OS-169. They gave a list including PCC and all other stuff (photos, blah blah).. They have some thing called readiness for interview and sign it and send. Any body knows or has done this and sent.. please let me know.. Do we need to just check all of them and send and in the mean while waiting for interview I get the PCC or shld I wait for PCC and then send it ?

Srini

Good Show Srini..
Hmmm... Maybe I shouldnt have listened to Chennai consulate and I should have filed the I-824....
Hopefully I will hear something in the next week or so...

Meanwhile, my wife has already sent her passport for PCC.
Which city is your wife in ?

Ganesh

Ganesh:

I am not sure about I-824 approval. It may be just the coincidence.

I am going to aske my wife to apply for PCC this week. My wife lives in Vijayawada.. What about yours ?? Do you have any format for the letter to be obtained from the local police station ??

Srini

No specific format for PCC.. Just took the passport and submitted to Local Passport office.. They will do some verification and stamp the passport which will serve as the PCC..

Wife is in Banglore..

Will see if we get the Packet 3 in a week.. since we we filled it a week after u.
Thx
Ganesh

srini_pvr said:
My wife received a case number y'day. We sent an email on the 22nd of october attaching a scanned copy of my I-824 approval. I do not know if that made it. They sent it to my wife's address (I donno how they must have got the address if they didn't see my documents I sent separately to the consulate). They read the mail on the 25th and they created a case on the 26th (the letter my wife got was dated 26th).

They sent packet 3 again to be filled up. The packet has a form OS-169. They gave a list including PCC and all other stuff (photos, blah blah).. They have some thing called readiness for interview and sign it and send. Any body knows or has done this and sent.. please let me know.. Do we need to just check all of them and send and in the mean while waiting for interview I get the PCC or shld I wait for PCC and then send it ?

Srini

If you already sent Packet 3 , you dont have to send it again. Just call the consulate and let the know that you have already sent them the paperwork. See what they say. After they receive Packet 3 they send packet 4 which has PCC form.
Goodluck.

Wifes GC arrived.

My wife's Green Card ( Plastic) arrived today, 15 days after she entered the country. She received her Social security card a week after her arrival. Make sure you fill the form for social security during the interview to be issued by US instead of going to the SS office after entering the country.

Finally its over and not bad, things have improved at BCIS.

I request all others who are going through the process to post their experiences for others who might be new at this. After all we benefited from others before us and let the postings continue.

Good luck to you all. Signing off..

M

Processing dates?

Mike,

For the readers reference, Could you post your processing dates from the time your 485 approval?

Thanks,
Live_Love_Laugh

I think Mike has already mentioned the time lines in one of his previous postings. You can look at that if he deosn't reply...

Status
Not open for further replies.