Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help me with Intrim EAD...

Please help me with Intrim EAD.. What are the documents i need to carry for intrim EAD...???
Thanks
Divakar

Hi Ganesh:

I did get my wife to add my name in her passport.. She did this while she went for her H-4... It took a day in Hyderabad.. I am not planning on changing her name, etc... and from Mike, etc on the site, it looks as not needed.. Did you get a case number ? I haven't called again.. Planning to early next week...

Srini

Need Suggestion

Hello Friends,

my GC was approved LAst month and i have filed the I-824 immediatly
for my Wife for Follow-2-Join. (WE got married before my approval).

I didnot recieve the I-824 receipt yet. Do i have to wait for the I-824 approval before i mail the PAcket 3 ? Or can i send it with the I-824 receipt.

The consulate is: Us consulate, Chennai, India.

Any pointers ???
thanks a lot
Akram

son24 said:
Thx Mike and Wdcpost
Mike in your case what is the name on your wife's GC.. Her name as in Passport(maiden) or her name and your last name..

Wdcpost .. your wife's GC must be her first name and your last name, i guess..

Ganesh

Hi Ganesh ,
Yes u r Correct .To avoid the name confusion we did that.

axm8606 said:
Hello Friends,

I didnot recieve the I-824 receipt yet. Do i have to wait for the I-824 approval before i mail the PAcket 3 ? Or can i send it with the I-824 receipt.

Any pointers ???
thanks a lot
Akram

Akram,

Please read the earlier postings, there are enough discussion on this subject and your question is already answered there.
Yes, wait for the I-824 receipt and send it.

son24 said:
Thx Mike and Wdcpost
Mike in your case what is the name on your wife's GC.. Her name as in Passport(maiden) or her name and your last name..

Wdcpost .. your wife's GC must be her first name and your last name, i guess..

Ganesh
Dude,
Dont confuse yourself. Just endorsing your name in her passport is enough for now, even that is not required. She can always maintain a seperate passport as long as you have valid Marriage certificate and other proof. However endorsing your name in her passport shows extra proof that you are married and you have promised to be there for her in sickness and health and life unto to death ..heeeheee.

Once she comes over here you can apply for name change etc and get a new passport from the INdian Consulate.

I824 approval from TSC??

Hi All,

I have read a few posts in this thread and they have been really useful. However, I have a few questions as I did not find anyone who had a case in TSC for 485.

My 485 is pending in Texas since 02/02. I am hoping that I will get my GC in a few months.. I also checked the processing dates for I824 in TSC and they seem to be really back logged. Right now they are processing I824 for Feb 2003.

I want to go and get married next month. Will I have to wait for I824 to get approved before my wife would be able to her immigrant visa? Thats how the lawyer has put it to me... but from reading this forum, it seems like only a receipt from I824 is required and its approval is not required?? I am trying to see how long this whole process will end up taking.

I plan to apply for her FTJ consular processing in pakistan.. if anyone has any experience in doing that.. I would love to hear from you!

Thanks!!

Help on FTJ

Hello Mike/Gurus,
I Just got my GC approved and waiting for the approval notice.
I got married 5 months back. I am planning to apply for FTJ at chennai counsalate. My question is

--Do I really need to apply for I824 here and attach the receipt copy and send them for receiving the Packet 3.
--Should I wait for my actual card and send the copy of that too for receiving the packet 3. (Since it will take a while to get).

When I asked about the procedure they had asked me to send these docs.
for getting the application form(packet 3 I guess)

Approval Notice (Form I-797)
All pages in the Passport
Marriage Certificate
Applicant's Birth Certificate
Green Card (Both sides)

Will it be ok to send only the first four. Please help...

Thanks

misstryguy said:
Hello Mike/Gurus,
I Just got my GC approved and waiting for the approval notice.
I got married 5 months back. I am planning to apply for FTJ at chennai counsalate. My question is

--Do I really need to apply for I824 here and attach the receipt copy and send them for receiving the Packet 3.
--Should I wait for my actual card and send the copy of that too for receiving the packet 3. (Since it will take a while to get).

When I asked about the procedure they had asked me to send these docs.
for getting the application form(packet 3 I guess)

Approval Notice (Form I-797)
All pages in the Passport
Marriage Certificate
Applicant's Birth Certificate
Green Card (Both sides)

Will it be ok to send only the first four. Please help...

Thanks

if your GC is approved, I would suggest you wait for your card. These days it is taking less than a month to get the card. I am not sure how much the Consulates care aboutI-824. Since you are sending them a copy of the card itself, what more proof would they want. I feel I-824 is just waste of money and consulates do not wait for it to be approved.

However, I did apply for I-824 and sent the receipt notice and other documents, after which they scheduled the interview. So I am not sure if it is required or not.
You might wanna call the consulate and speak to them directly and ask them if a color copy of your GC is enough in lieu of I-824 receipt/approval notice.

Good luck!.

MIke cordozza said:
Dude,
Dont confuse yourself. Just endorsing your name in her passport is enough for now, even that is not required. She can always maintain a seperate passport as long as you have valid Marriage certificate and other proof. However endorsing your name in her passport shows extra proof that you are married and you have promised to be there for her in sickness and health and life unto to death ..heeeheee.

Once she comes over here you can apply for name change etc and get a new passport from the INdian Consulate.

Mike is Correct ,Son24 don't worry about it.The following Link might help.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=96693&page=28&pp=15&highlight=FTJ

Packet III DS-230 application

Mike,

I am in the process of keeping the DS-230 form ready. Please confirm the following entries I made are true.

1. Part I information should contain my wife's details.
2. Is it OK to mention Item 12 of Part I as Home Maker?
3. There is not much space to enter addresses for Item 16 and 18. Can I say "Same as Item 13"?
4. Part II - Item 30, 31, 32. All items are "No" by default.
5. My wife should not write anything below Item 35 including signature.

Thanks for your help.
Live_Love_Laugh

ftj... clarifications needed

Hi,

I am residing in Halifax, Canada and awaiting my GC thru consular processing (follow to join) at Montreal consulate.

My husband filed my I824 at Vermont service centre and the current processing dates finally indicate that my papers would have been touched. I have the following questions:
1. how long does it generally take for the national visa center to allot a file number and start the processing and when do they send out the P3?
2. Can someone let me know what documents i can keep ready right now and also give me some details on getting the police clearance in Canada?

I would greatly appreciate all your help.

thanks,
Roshini

axm8606 said:
Hello Friends,

Any pointers ???
thanks a lot
Akram
Akram Dude,
the pointers are that you need to read the earlier postings.
There are many postings which exactly answers your question. Common....

Akram,
Just curious to know when did you file I-824. I am in the same boat too. If you can provide the information will be great.

Packet 3

Hello Mike/Gurus,

Once you had mentioned in the forum that you had sent all these docs even before you received the Packet 3 from them.

Original Approval Notice of I-824 (Can we send copy of this instead of original???)•
- Copy of green card (both sides. Waiting for plastic card now)
- Copy of approval Notice of Lawful Permanent Resident (I-797)
- Copy of I-551 (Green Card) Stamp from my Passport
- Copy of all pages of my Passport
- Copy of all pages of my wife's passport
- Copy of Marriage Certificate
- My original Birth Certificate (I have more than one original birth certificate)
- Copy of my wife's Birth Certificate

I am also planning to send these docs for creating the Case number and to receive packet 3.

1. My question is even if we send all these docs now. Are they asking us to send again with Packet 3.
2. What all the docs they request in Packet 3.

Note: I had asked embassy whether we need to apply for I824 at all and I am waiting for their reply. I will post in the forum once I receive the reply.

Thanks in advance.

Poe

From My Wife :
POE was smooth but it was a long wait since there was long Q.
At the Immigration they asked few questions
where is your Husband ,what he do ,How long he is in USA,Have u ever been to USA before ?
Then He wrote I-34 Permenant Resisdence & A # XXXXXXXX in the PP .

Police Clearance in Canada

Hi,

I am residing in Halifax, Canada and awaiting my GC thru consular processing (follow to join) at Montreal consulate.

Can anyone give me details on getting the police clearance in Canada??

I would greatly appreciate all your help.

thanks,
Roshini

Packet III DS-230 application

Mike,

Can you give your inputs on my previous question regarding Packet III DS-230 application?

Thanks,
Live_Love_Laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.