Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for reposting, anybody, I would really appreciate your responses:
------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone answer this:

What are all documents which are Certified by Attorney and which one need to be Notarized or plain copy?

Do we have to send notarized copy for bank statements also or just the originals will do?

Your response will be highly appreciated, as I am also starting the same procedure for my wife and got my I824 receipt last week.

Thanks

My Wife's interview

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to share my information with everyone regarding FTJ.

My wife had interview last Monday at Chennai. During in the interview the following questions were asked.
1) What does your husband do ?
2) Where does he work?
3) Why didn't you go with him after the wedding

Very basic questions. My wife didn't have my passport copies with her( we already sent to consulate, and they didn't have in the file) so she is been ask to go next day. I have faxed my passport copies and green card copies to her, she showed up next day, and she got the approcal.

Here is some details.

I-824 Applied : June 30
i-824 Approval : Dec 08
Case number created Jan 20
Packet 3 - Feb 24
Packet 4 recvd - March 20

Note: Couple of advises,
1) Whatever you sent to consulate, keep a copy of it.
2) TAX return for 2003, if you think you wife going to be here within 6 months, I would wait for her to get here to file 'Married together".

I have collected the following details apart from what they have asked.
1) Phone bill for one year
2) Email communication between me and her
3) Congratulation greeting card I have it from work that say my name and her name

Hope this helps.

Newbie Questions - Please help

Guys/Gals:
I recently got my GC approved in March. I had applied I824 for my wife in May 2003, since we got married in Feb 2003. I am still waiting for my I824 approval. There are a few questions I have and any answers would help:

1) Is there anything that I can do before the approval of I824? Chennai is the consulate we have to go to.

2) The beneficiary section has my name on it in the I824 form. Is this OK?

I heard about "badger" process in these threads and was wondering what it was. Could not get to it though a search. Can someone please enlighten me?

Thanks in advance.

Re: vik100, whats the filing status for tax returns?

Originally posted by Hawk74
Hi vik100,
could you let me know the filing status for your 2003 tax returns if married and spouse is in India for FTJ case?

Thanks
Hawk74

Hawk74:
I thought I can wait until my wife arrives to file as married. But as the consulate demanded to look at the 1040 for 2003, I filed it at the last moment as single.

But I plan to talk to the CPA and see if I can amend my tax return to file as married after a month or so. Will keep you updated, if I find anything.

Thanks,
vik100

Hi :

Can any one tell me that the Packet 3 should come from Consulate only or can we download from the Internet, fill it and send directly to Consulate.
If so what is the link to download Packet 3 Forms.

SREE

Timelines for GC by marrying USC spouse

I have few questions on behalf of one of my friends.

Actually he wanted to know the whole process of getting GC through marrying a USC spouse.

Here are his timelines.

He got married in Nov, 2002 in India but they filed K-3 in April, 2003. He entered USA in Feb, 2004 but I think his I-130 is not approved. How long it will take to get I-130 to get approved. His spouse is in Michigan. Can he file for I-485 now or he has to wait for the I-130 approval. How long I-485 takes to get approved after I-130. When he will get green card. If he gets green grad after Nov, 2004. is it going to be conditional or permanent (he will be married for 2 yrs in Nov, 2004). I would appreciate you response.

Thanks

forum123 said:
Can anyone answer this:

What are all documents which are Certified by Attorney and which one need to be Notarized or plain copy?

Do we have to send notarized copy for bank statements also or just the originals will do?

Your response will be highly appreciated, as I am also starting the same procedure for my wife and got my I824 receipt last week.

Thanks

Hi

Did you get your answer to the question regarding documents that have to be certified by an attorney. I am anticipating my I-485 approval soon, and plan to start the process of getting all the paper work done for doing FTJ soon.

Thanks

WheresMahGreen, PCC clarification

Hi WheresMahGreen,
I went to Passport Office in Hyderabad for PCC. And those guys have taken 15 days yet the PCC is not ready. Any idea why its taking long time?
I found out from this forum that Peole can get PCC in a day.

Thanks
Hawk74

Hawk:
I cannot answer for the delays you are facing at the Hyderabad passport office. Could be due to a confluence of a lot of things including elections.

As for documents:
All pages of your and spouse's passport, greencard (if u have the physical card) both sides, marriage and birth ceritificates, receipt and approval notices, any photocopies (bank statements, salary stubs etc) and affidavit of support need to be notarized. Affidavit of support needs to be notarized by a US notary public or a Consular officer at a US consulate/embassy.

Marriage and Consular Processing

Hi,

I applied for my I-140 & I-485 (concurrent processing) in Oct 2002. My I-140 is pending and my lawyer has received RFE on my I-485 application, also my current H1 is valid till July 2004 and have applied for an extension.

I am getting married next month in India, what's the best option.

1. Get H-4 for my wife, then get her to US and apply for her 485 before replying to my I-485 RFE
2. Apply for Consular processing for my spouse, instead of H4 (don't know how long CP takes in India)

Question :

1. Can I apply for CP for my wife if my i-140 is NOT yet apporved?
2. How long does it take from start to finish to apply for CP in India?

Please advice

Need advice

Hey Guys,
I am likely to have a Cp interview at Delhi embassy in June/July. I filed the case as single but I am planning to marry soon. Was wondering how should I go about adding my spouse name on the application. I suppose her application will be FTJ. Some one suggested that even though right now i am onlu engaged but i can send a note to the embassy to obtain a visa number for her. Does this make sense?

Help Pls

Hello Everyone
We have applied for FTJ on Last month April 16 th/2004 ,no response from chennai counselate.Can any one tell how long it will take to get the response from them .
1)How long it will take to get the response ?
2)And what will be the response ? I mean we got your request and its in process and it will take 000 to 999 days etc... something like that ?
3)is it necessary to apply FTJ I 824 should be approved ?
4)Can some one tell me about the timeline from the date we apply ,get the packet and get the interview etc..
Thanks

Visa fee DD & tax returns - please help

Hi WheresMahGreen, mn_ftj,vik100 and friends,
My wife is going for the IV interview on May 26th and I have a question related to visa fee DD's. In the Interview letter, it mentioned that the DD must me taken in a "Nationalized of foreign bank with branch in Chennai".

I got little confused with above staement.
1) can we take the DD in any nationalized Indian bank with a branch in chennai like bank of india, indian bank., etc or
2) should it be only from a foreign bank with brach in chennai like bank of america, citi bank.,etc...

and also i asked my wife to take the DD's in indian rupees, what conversion rate should we use to take the DD since this rate changes every day...

for the tax return documents, i just sent the past 3 yr's 1040's with all the pages printed with "Do Not File" word. is this ok or should we have to submit the IRS trascripts?...

Thanks in advance for your response,
email id : nsivaa@yahoo.com

avisn

1. Any nationalized bank should do. I think my wife took a draft from Canara Bank.
2. DD fees in rupees is usually quoted in the letter itself. If you don't find it, then please call the consulate and ask them the latest rupee equivalent. The draft should be drawn in rupees only.
3. As for tax returns, I just sent my wife a notarized copy of my 1040's and W2's. My copies did not have the "Do Not File" stamp on them.

Hi WheresMahGreen,

Thank you for your response. Yes, I asked my wife to take the DD's from Indian bank in rupees for the amount listed in the letter. I also in chennai Us consulate web site the exchange rate metioned of Rs 46.00. thanks again

Hi Guys!!

How long it takes to get I-130 and I-485 approved if spouse is USC. USC spouse is from Michigan. please help

Sree1965

sree1965 said:
Hi :

Can any one tell me that the Packet 3 should come from Consulate only or can we download from the Internet, fill it and send directly to Consulate.
If so what is the link to download Packet 3 Forms.

SREE

I have the same question also ,i would like to know when did u apply for FTJ and where did u apply .I send all the documents to create a case in Chennai Consulate on April16 '2004 .They haven't responded back then i contacted them thru email ,they didn't mention about whether they received my request or not instead they asked about the details of my wife and my status.I sent to them again ,
They responded back with
"Please wait for us we will Get back to You". Reply from Chennai Consulate on May 21'St.
From the Forum i understand most of the people got the reply with in a month.In my case its more than a month just want to know is any one experience same kind of situation or waiting time etc...

Is it advisable If we download DS230(PK3) from the website and send to them instead of waiting for the Consulate reply,any one tried that? Did it work?If we can do :p What would be the reference for the counsulate to track the CASE,or they will Create the CASE after receiving DS230.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/in2/wwwhivdocument.html
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats up with this forum :confused: :confused: no one is responding ?

wdcpost said:
I have the same question also ,i would like to know when did u apply for FTJ and where did u apply .I send all the documents to create a case in Chennai Consulate on April16 '2004 .They haven't responded back then i contacted them thru email ,they didn't mention about whether they received my request or not instead they asked about the details of my wife and my status.I sent to them again ,
They responded back with
"Please wait for us we will Get back to You". Reply from Chennai Consulate on May 21'St.
From the Forum i understand most of the people got the reply with in a month.In my case its more than a month just want to know is any one experience same kind of situation or waiting time etc...

Is it advisable If we download DS230(PK3) from the website and send to them instead of waiting for the Consulate reply,any one tried that? Did it work?If we can do :p What would be the reference for the counsulate to track the CASE,or they will Create the CASE after receiving DS230.

Thanks

wdcpost: here you go...

US Consulate in Chennai maintains that they can take anywhere upto 5 months for verification of your LPR status upon receipt of your documents. What you have stated about people receiving response (I presume you are talking about the response to your filing and not your e-mail query) within a month is inaccurate. Very few people have received the case number within the time span you mentioned. The average wait time is well over that.

If you would like to send DS230, then you need to only send the part 1 of the document. It doesn't need a case number. However, since you didn't include that in your original packet, there is always the chance that it doesn't get assigned to the same file containing other documents you'd sent in earlier. It doesn't hurt to try, though.

wdcpost said:
They responded back with

Thanks

Thank you so much WheresMahGreen:
So its a matter of waiting :rolleyes: for the response from the consulate for the CASE to be created .In the meantime i will send the Part I of
DS230 and wait.Once again thank you for your detailed response greatly appriciated.

wdcpost: here you go...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

US Consulate in Chennai maintains that they can take anywhere upto 5 months for verification of your LPR status upon receipt of your documents. What you have stated about people receiving response (I presume you are talking about the response to your filing and not your e-mail query) within a month is inaccurate. Very few people have received the case number within the time span you mentioned. The average wait time is well over that.

If you would like to send DS230, then you need to only send the part 1 of the document. It doesn't need a case number. However, since you didn't include that in your original packet, there is always the chance that it doesn't get assigned to the same file containing other documents you'd sent in earlier. It doesn't hurt to try, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.