Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received Case No for FTJ and no Packet3

Hi,
my wife received the case no for FTJ by email. She didnt receive Packet3. Is supposed to receive packet 3 from Chennai Consulate when consulate assigned her case no?

When she asked for Packet 3, she got reply from Consulate as
"Please wait for us to schedule the interview and then send the apointment
letter with instructions (packet 4). "

my question is Can she download packet 3 from Chennai consulate website and send it?

any help greatly appreciated

Hawk74

Interview question

Gurus,
My wife's been scheduled an interview on the 21st of April. I have a few questions from the appointment letter that I hope someone here can clarify:

1. It seems for financial affidavit, only forms I-864 is mentioned. According to GCFEELING, they should have been crossed out and marked as I-134. Should we then furnish the I-864 also?

2. There is an issuance fee mentioned in the letter. It says that if the petitioner hasn't paid $260 to the National Visa Center in the US, then a draft for $65 is required at the time of interview. Can someone please explain this item? I didn't pay any amount to the NVC as this is a FTJ directly filed at the Consulate.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL

My family members got two sets of welcome letters and physical plastic cards within two weeks from the date of entry. To my knowledge it is exceptionally fast. We also got our SSN cards too. We all are set to go to chase our dreams and find more happiness.

As you knew I did this FTJ on my own and I saved attorney fee in thousands and time in years. I think I got it done much faster than if I would have gone through the immigration attorney. All together it took six months from start of FTJ process to physical cards. I believe I have done it successfully because of support that you have given us.

Once again I thank you each and every one on this thread especially dharma rao, cool-guy, luckyme9, raju prabhu, tooOldtoWait, dharmarau, aug3102, ht102, gcard (I owe him $1000 , not literally). Harapatra, asrini, avisn. I specially thank you Mr. Rajiv.

This is the best thread for FTJ. I recommend this thread to be placed in important threads.

I believe you will get answers for all of your questions about FTJ process. Be patient, go through it. I wish you all good luck. I will sign off for a while to enjoy life with family members.

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

congrats gcfeeling

GCfeeling,

That is great news and congratulations once again...

I havent been seeing this website for sometime and I was moving to new apt and setting up things for my wife's arrival.

Finally, my wife willb e arriving this weekend...

Glad to hear that you even got plastic cards and ssn cards.

Congrats again and all the best for a better life.

Thanks to all friends and all other FTJ members who shared a lot of info with me...

I will update once my wife lands and also about the cards...

take care

Interview fees

Gurus,
My wife's interview is coming up in Chennai in a couple of weeks. I had this doubt about the fees. In their letter they've mentioned $335 as the fees . They have also said something like if an amount equalling $260 has been paid to NVC, then we should pay issuance fees of $65. Since I didn't pay anything to NVC, should my wife take along with her a draft for $335 only and nothing for the $65?

I would appreciate it very much (and I also think it would be useful for this board in general) if someone could share his/her experience on the following topics:
1. Likely interview questions -- any trick questions one should be aware of
2. Things a FTJ applicant shouldn't say during the interview
3. Procedures at the Consulate
4. Departure procedures (whether a boarding letter from the consulate is required, procedures at airport in India, transit etc)
5. Experience at port of entry in the USA (questions asked during the secondary inspection, GC stamp on passport, any possibility of passenger claiming luggage before secondary inspection etc)

Thank you all

Re: Interview fees

Hi WheresMahGreen,

What about the financial Affidavit?

I-134 or I-864? are you providing I-864 also.

did you verify with consulate about this?

Thanks

how to get Police Clearance Certificates for FTJ

Hi friends,
could anyone kindly help me on how to get a police clearance certificate for my wife as consulate requires 1. From Passport Office and 2. From District Police Office?

I got the police clearance certificate from District Police Office.
But I donot know how to get the Clearance Certificate from Passport Office. my wife lives in district headquarters town. So Should she get the certificate from Local Passport Office or from the State Passport office in Hyderabad?

WheresMahGreen, Could you please tell me how you have got the Police Clearance Certificates for your wife?

Thanks
Hawk74

arul & hawk

Arul: When I contacted the Consulate with the affidavit question, they responded saying that if I had already submitted I-134, I need not provide I-864.

Hawk: My wife went to the regional passport office that issued her passport. She had to fill in a form (it is called Miscellaneous form) and provide appropriate documents and photos along with the fees (Rs 300 I think). The PCC from the passport office took about a day.

Thanks WheresMahGreen,
One more question....my wife was given case no. thru email in Feb 2004 but no packet 3.Though I kept on asking the consulate abt that ,they are asking me to just wait for them to schedule an interview for my wife.And also that they dont require any documents at this point of time.
From this forum,I got to know that after receiving case no,the FTJ applicant should also get packet 3.After sending packet3 to consulate,the consulate will schedule an interview.
So I'm just wondering if this is still the same practice that the consulate is following or has it been changed.
Now I dont even see packet3 download on the consulate website.
Thank you very much for ur help and guidance
Hawk74

hawk

Packet 3 consists of DS 230 part 1, OF 169 and the financial affidavit form. If you have already sent in DS 230 part 1, all you have to do is get your financial affidavit, marriage ceritificate, PCC, birth certificates etc ready and send the OF 169. They will schedule the interview upon receiving the OF 169 form.

case number created

Hi WheresMahGreen,

I just noticed your message in my inbox. I was away to India.
I visited the mumbai consulate last month with the required
paperwork. Few weeks ago, we received a letter with the case number and were asked to submit the packet 3 again. We did that and are awaiting packet 4.

I have a question on Tax! Perhaps you (or others in this forum)
can help. What filing status are you all using? Single or Married?
If married, what about the TIN? What about deductions?

Thanks

skid

how to fill I-824 for follow-to-join

hi guys
i have recently got my approval notice. now i have to start follow-to-join procedure to bring my wife over the US.
could you guys pls help me with filling out the form I-824.
let me ask about each part of the form.

Part 1: Information about the person that filed the original application.
- Looks like I should enter my information in Part I. But then where do I enter the information for my wife? And what about the address? Would it be my US address or address outside?

Part 2: Application Type
- This part is easy. I should select type 'c'

Part 3: Processing Information
- What do I enter in the part? I have no clue

i am sure this information may have already been discussed in this thread. but there are so many posts in this thread and i couldnt go through all of them to find out relevant info.

i appreciate all of your help.

thanks

Re: how to fill I-824 for follow-to-join

Perplexed:
The address in part 1 is ur address since thats where you will get the receipt notice.
Her information should go into a separate sheet of paper marked as "Addendum to I-824." Don't forget to include your A# in it.
The addendum sheet should contain her name as it appears on her passport, her address in India (again, good to be consistent with the passport), date of birth, place of birth, date of marriage and the type of application you intend to file for her (FTJ).
Hope this helps.

Originally posted by perplexed1234
hi guys

Part 1: Information about the person that filed the original application.
- Looks like I should enter my information in Part I. But then where do I enter the information for my wife? And what about the address? Would it be my US address or address outside?

Part 2: Application Type
- This part is easy. I should select type 'c'

Part 3: Processing Information
- What do I enter in the part? I have no clue

i am sure this information may have already been discussed in this thread. but there are so many posts in this thread and i couldnt go through all of them to find out relevant info.

i appreciate all of your help.

thanks

Thanks WheresMahGreen, it helps.

but what do I enter in Part 3 of the form? I think the following info would be appropriate, but pls correct me if i am wrong

Type of petition: I-485
Filing Receipt: My I-485 receipt number
Date of filing: I-485 date of filing
Date of approval: I-485 date of approval
What goes under "If the petition is filed for another person, give the following information about the person"? Should I leave it blank?

Can you pls give me sample of the addendum if you have used it?

Also my case was approved after an interview at the local office, but of course my initail filing was at vermont. i asked at the interview about where i should send the form I-824 (vermont or the local office), the officer wasnt sure but he said his guess would be VSC. thought on the form it says that it should be sent to the office that took the last action on your case. so a little confused here. pls share if you have any info about this.

thanks again

HELLO EVERYONE! CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME AN ADVISE? I FILED I-130 FOR MY HUSBAND RECEIVED DATE WAS AUGUST 8, 2003. IT WAS TAKING SO LONG I STILL DON'T HAVE THE APPROVAL. I LIVE IN SF,CALIFORNIA. I WAS THINKING OF FILING FOR THE K3 VISA CO'Z I HEARD THAT THIS IS FASTER THAN THE I-130. WOULD THIS BE BETTER OR I'D RATHER WAIT FOR THE I-130? OR IS IT BETTER TO HAVE AN ATTORNEY TO MAKE THIS FASTER? HOW MUCH WOULD THEY CHARGE ME? I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE. I'M REALLY CONFUSED RIGHT NOW. ALL I WANT IS TO GET MY HUSBAND HERE FROM THE PHILIPPINES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
THANKS IN ADVANCE!

THANK'S SMALI!

I WAS JUST SO CONFUSED. I WAS REALLY WONDERING WHY THE PROCESSING NOW IS LATE. SOME OF THE PERSON THAT I ASKED WHEN THEY FILED THE I-130, THEIR HUSBAND/ WIFE GETS HERE IN 8 MONTHS ONLY SINCE THEY FILED FOR IT. AND NOW ITS TAKING SO LONG AND TAKE NOTE ONLY THE APPROVAL NOT YET FROM THE NVC. I KNOW THAT THEY HAD AN ATTORNEY WITH THAT. REALLY, I NEED TO KNOW WHICH ONE IS BETTER, WAIT FOR THE I-130 OR FILE FOR K3? WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL GET AN APPROVAL FASTER? SINCE I FILED FOR THE I-130 8 MONTHS AGO.
THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.