Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
asrini

asrini, In one of your early posts, you had mentioned that you got confirmation from Chennai that the case has been created. How did you get that, email etc?

I got my I-824 approved on Jan-8, I called consulate, they have no information about my wife's approval yet. There is no way I contact NVC, so I am not sure how to proceed here. Any insights will be very very helpful. Appreciate your time.
Thanks

mn_ftjJ
Mine was approve December 10 and filed 824 on the 11. Still waiting for approval of my wife's 824

When did BCIS approve your green card?

When did you apply I-824? and how long did it take the BCIS to approve your wife's case. After approval, does it mean that your wife will be given A#.

for mn_ftj

I did send all my docs to chennai consulate. (Refer to previous emails for what they ask you to apply FTJ) Meantime I had also applied for 824 in usa.
I dont know whether it is conicidence of 824 approval or not, but after 10 days of that approval, my wife got a letter( packet 3) which had a case number on it.

best of luck

aug3102, gcfeeling

best of luck and hope all goes well for your wife interviews.

also, please update after your interview so that i can call my wife and advise her accordingly to prepare beforehand.

meantime, my wife got all police certificate clearance in various cities as well as passport clearance. It almost took 1 month for that. And she will be going for a doctor's appointment in chennai, this week...( i forgot to ask doctor name)

all the best folks.

asrini, gcfeeling et al

Could you guys kindly confirm that the affidavit of support needed for FTJ is I-134 and not I-864? Thanks in advance.

Please help - Police Certificate

hi GCFEELING, aug3102, asrini:

all the best for your wife's interview.

my wife also received packet 3 letter and I am in the process of gathering the documents mentioned in the list.

since you guys already sent the packet 3 documnets I'm wondering if please anyone could share how to get the police certificate and whats the format of the certificate?. and whats passport clearence and how to get it?.

thank you for your inputs

yep...It is 134 ...

my lawyer said so, and i filed the same.

You may send email to chennai consulate and they reply promptly these days...so u can ask them too !!!

Re: Please help - Police Certificate

You need to get a police clearance certificate from the regional passport office and usually can get it in day (you have to file misc. form to get it ) Also need a police certificate from the Police Commissioner where your wife is staying now, it might take upto two weeks depending on the place.
here is the reply from consulate

--- "Chennai, IV" <ChennaiIV@state.gov> wrote:
> She requires PCC from - the current place of
> residence in India and from the
> passport office where she got her passport from.
>
Hope this helps

Originally posted by avisn
hi GCFEELING, aug3102, asrini:

all the best for your wife's interview.

my wife also received packet 3 letter and I am in the process of gathering the documents mentioned in the list.

since you guys already sent the packet 3 documnets I'm wondering if please anyone could share how to get the police certificate and whats the format of the certificate?. and whats passport clearence and how to get it?.

thank you for your inputs

Please Help - Police Certificate

aug3102:
Thanks a lot for your quick response. Now I am clear about PCC from passport office, but still not clear on the format of the Police Certificate from the Police station.
did you guys write up the letter of your own? or does the letter have any specific format?. I am not sure whether the police station near my place know/have any specific for the Police Certificate as mine is somewhat a remote place, so i am trying to get the format of the certificate from anyone of you and then i can use that format to obtain the letter from police Commisioner near my place.

Thank you again for your time,
avisn

Tax Filing Status

Does any one know what would be the tax filing status, if you are married, wife is not here but you are waiting for I-485 approval? Will the filing status be single/married/head of house hold?

Thanks,
Live_Love_Laugh

Re: Please Help - Police Certificate

to avisn

Some police station has a printed form and they wil help you to fill it and in some oither place they need an affidavit. Just goto the police station and ask them , you might need the letter from consulate and pp photos.

Originally posted by avisn
aug3102:
Thanks a lot for your quick response. Now I am clear about PCC from passport office, but still not clear on the format of the Police Certificate from the Police station.
did you guys write up the letter of your own? or does the letter have any specific format?. I am not sure whether the police station near my place know/have any specific for the Police Certificate as mine is somewhat a remote place, so i am trying to get the format of the certificate from anyone of you and then i can use that format to obtain the letter from police Commisioner near my place.

Thank you again for your time,
avisn

thanks

Hi aug3102, thanks for your response. As you mentioned, I asked them to contact the local Police station.

interview ??

aug3102,

hope to hear from you soon....

please share us with your wife's interview process...

Hope all went well.

-ananth

Re: Tax Filing Status

If you get your 485 approved before the tax deadline, you can include your overseas spouse in your joint-return. You will have to apply for an ITIN for your spouse though. If this happens, the best thing to do would be to request for an extension, get your paperwork in order and then compelete the filing.
Otherwise, you may have to file single/head of household. Please consult a tax advisor to confirm this.

Originally posted by Live_Love_Laugh
Does any one know what would be the tax filing status, if you are married, wife is not here but you are waiting for I-485 approval? Will the filing status be single/married/head of house hold?

Thanks,
Live_Love_Laugh

Re: interview ??

Finally my wife's ftj application is approved. Thank God!! And thanks a lots to you guys !!! Got lots of help from this forum. Actually my lawyer had told me that I had to apply I-824 and wait for it to get approved and cannot sent documents directly to the consulate. But I found about the badger process from this forum and it saved me from more stress. I found its easy to deal with consulate than BCIS.
It took almost an year since I first sent papers to the consulate and 1 year 5 months from I-184 receipt date. My wife's interview was on 18th and it was quick and easy. She went to the consulate 15 minutes early. She was asked to give the papers and dd at one window and the guy gave back the $65 dd ( one of 3 dd's) and said its not needed. Then she had to take a token and wait for the interview for more than an hour.
The guy asked usual questions, like when was she got married and whats the husband doing. Just glanced at the marriage pictures. And then told her that she will get the visa by courier. Thats it!!.
She got the courier second day. It had the passport, visa correction form and a temporary visa ( a paper with her photo) and a sealed envelop which should not be opened.
She is planning to come first week of March.
Good luck to you all!!

Originally posted by asrini
aug3102,

hope to hear from you soon....

please share us with your wife's interview process...

Hope all went well.

-ananth

Hi avisn,

I have been following this post for sometime. I am a US Citizen and am filing for my spouse. She just received packet 3 and it mentions all the documents that will be needed for the interview.
The affidavit of support requirement is the following:

1. Notarized latest federal income tax returns
2.Lettter from employer stating status, length and permanency of
employment
3. Letter from officer of a bank stating account balance and when it
was opened
4. Any other document to establish financial capability to carry the
financial responsibiltiy of an immigrant sponsor.

It says that only 2 of the above 4 are needed. However, when I was filling I-864, it asks for copies of the last 3 years of tax returns but doesn't mention anything about getting them notarized. I have ordered the last 3 yrs of tax transcripts from IRS but I am not sure how I should go about getting them notarized as they notary public might ask for originals since the transcripts from IRS look like normal computer printouts. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

MMG

3 years tax return

did u guys actually get an IRS transcript for this purpose? I was thinking that copies of the returns filed along with W2 would be sufficient. No? Kindly advise.

I recently got married to my wife who was is in the final stages of her green card - we got married in Sept 2003 and submitted the necessary applications in October 2003.

I have a I-485 receipt date of 10/2003. I got my EAD in January 2004 and still waiting for my AP.

In the mean time my spouse finally got her GC approval notification on friday 2/13/03- her receipt date was 9/2001.

How long will it take for me to get a approval notification. Have I filed the necessary paperwork. Will her getting her GC approved speed up my paperwork. Is this classified as Follow to join Do I get approved too if she is approved?

HOw long will it take me to get my GC - if I am filed out of TSC.

Any help to shed light on this would be appreciated

3 years of tax returns

Hi WheresMahGreen,

You are right. Copies of returns filed along with W2 would be enough but in my case the copies I had were not signed and they had a "Do Not File" print all over them so I thought I should order the transcripts to be safe. Thanks.

MMG

Status
Not open for further replies.