Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the US on my EAD - Does anyone know how long a 485 filed as FTJ take if filed out of TSC? It was filed in 10/2003.

Thanks

Aug3102 and friends…

:eek: :confused: :eek:

My wife took three Marriage affidavits to interview, but IO rejected these and he wanted Registered Marriage Certificate (MC). I learned that my presence is required to get registered MC. So, I am going to India on this Friday to get Registered Marriage Certificate. I hope everything will be completed within a week. Developments will be posted after our successful interview.

Re: Aug3102 and friends…

What is a marriage affidavit? Like an affidavit in lieu of birth certificate?

Originally posted by GCFEELING

My wife took three Marriage affidavits to interview, but IO rejected these and he wanted Registered Marriage Certificate (MC). I learned that my presence is required to get registered MC. So, I am going to India on this Friday to get Registered Marriage Certificate. I hope everything will be completed within a week. Developments will be posted after our successful interview.

WheresMahGreen

You got it right? Affidavit of Marriage is similar to Affidavit of Birth.
Thanks for your concern though...

Re: Aug3102 and friends?

GCFEELING - Sorry to hear that you had to travel to India to get MC. Someway its good as you can take your wife for medical and interview. For MC, both party need to be physically present. Good luck with your wife's inteview.

Originally posted by GCFEELING

Finally ....approved

All friends,

Glad to share the news that even my wife's visa is approved and everything went fine.
Attended the interview on 25th and got the packet (it seems we shouldnt open) and also have the temp. stamp paper.

Wife was mentioning that she was asked several questions like

where am i ?
what am i doing ?
employemnt letter ?
why last year sal was less ?
marriage cert ?
marriage photos ?
what she is doing right now ? (looks like she said "left the job" and Officer was kidding like "what if we reject ?")

and couple of other standard questions and that is it...

She got the courier today afternoon.

Thanks to Aug3102, wheregreen, gcfeel,,,,,and to lot and lot of other friends who shared their experiences....

ALL THE BEST.

i will more than happy to share any questions.

thanks and see u all

-ananth

I-824 question

my son's i824 was proved long time ago. Recently US consular in GuangZhou, China sent us a letter asking why the class is E16 for the petitioner, but is E36 in my son's notice. I don't know how to respond to that. Is it possible a simple type error due to the former INS?

Thanks for your help with any information.

Ying

asrini

congratz! you must be one relieved person now. Could you please tell me how long it takes to get the interview appt after getting a case number and sending OF 169 (and other docs)? Also, the employment letter you sent, how current should it be? I included one in my packet to them dated in December. My wife has a notarized copy of that letter. Would it suffice if I sent her additional paystubs to prove my continued employment or should I request another employment letter from my company?

letter

it usually takes 1-2 months after ur case has been created.
Employment letter is enough. but if you could latest letter, that is great. but no big harm. They accepted my september employment letter.

more later

Re: letter

Hi asrini & WheresMahGreen,

I have sent the following docs to chennai consulate three weeks back.

Approval Notice (Form I-797)
Entire Passport pages
Green Card (Both sides)
Marriage Certificate
Applicant's Birth Certificate
Local address.

The chennai consulate send a letter to my wife along with OF-230 Part I, I-134 and Inssruction For Immigrant Visa Applicants.

I am confused now. what are the documents I need to send ?

could you please reply me at arulraj100@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Hi friends...

aug3102, asrini, GCFEELING and friends....
Congrates!!!!...I am glad to hear about the approval....you guys were more helpful than my lawyer....

GCFEELING,
I am sorry to hear about your case. as aug3102 mentioned, one way this is good that you can atleast travel with your wife and kids...all the best...

I'm still in the process of getting the police certificate from local police station.....

Re: Re: letter

Arulraj,
You (meaning, your wife) have to fill out the form DS-230 part 1. It is simple and straightforward.

As for I-134, you (meaning, YOU) need to get it signed in front of a notary public in the US or a US consulate officer abroad. Presuming you are currently here in the US, you can download the form from the INS website and fill it yourself, get it signed in front of a notary public and send the document over to your wife along with the following supporting evidence:
1. Employment letter
2. Notarized copies of latest patstubs (make it 3 months)
3. Notarized copies of last three year's tax returns
4. Statement from bank indicating current balance and average balance for the year (or rolling 12 months)
5. A spreadsheet containing all information about other financial securities you may hold: 401(k), Bonds, Stocks, CD's etc.

One thing I am not sure of is whether the I-134 needs to be submitted before interview date or should it be brought along by the FTJ beneficiary at the the time of the interview. What I did in my case was that I gave my wife a notarized copy of all the above metioned documents and send a complete I-134 packet along with my original application for FTJ to the consulate.

BTW, did the letter your wife received from the consulate also contain a case number? It looks something like this: MDR2004XXXXXX

Good luck!

Originally posted by arulraj100
Hi asrini & WheresMahGreen,

I have sent the following docs to chennai consulate three weeks back.

Approval Notice (Form I-797)
Entire Passport pages
Green Card (Both sides)
Marriage Certificate
Applicant's Birth Certificate
Local address.

The chennai consulate send a letter to my wife along with OF-230 Part I, I-134 and Inssruction For Immigrant Visa Applicants.

I am confused now. what are the documents I need to send ?

could you please reply me at arulraj100@yahoo.com.

Thanks

NEED URGENT HELP with I824

My I485 just got approved and I am getting ready to start the ftj proceedings for my wife. I had sent an email to the Delhi consulate asking for details and here's the response I got back:

Dear applicant,
You need not wait for the approval of I824. But you should submit
(1) the receipt notice of I824
(2) the original approval notice of I 140
(3) origianl approval notice of I 485
along with the attorney certified copy of these petitionsand at least one of them showing the derivatives (your wife) name on it.

I would really appreciate your help with the following questions:

1) Neither my I140 nor my I485 has any mention on my wife's name and I know from reading this thread all the way back that my wife should be the beneficiary of the I824 I file. However, I can't seem to figure out where on the I824 am I supposed to mention my wife's name. The same question has been asked multiple times on this thread but there doesn't seem to be complete answer to that anywhere except someone mentioning that their attorney put that info in a cover-letter. On the form itself, the only place I can think of is the second section of part 3. Is that correct or does I824 then not have my wife's name anywhere except an attached letter?

2) I have only receiced the courtesy approval notice yet and my attorney hasn't received the original notice. Do I definitely need the original notice for filing I824 and sending back to the consulate or would the courtesy copy suffice? I'd appreciate any inputs from anyone who's been in a similar situation

thanks in advance

aug3102, asrini, and friends.

Ultimately my wife and kids got Immigrant Visa and entered into USA yesterday (March 14th 2004) along with me. The FTJ process started with application I-824 in August 2003. It is still not approved. Visa badger process started in first week of October 2003 and it worked. I am very thankful to this forum and participants.
As some of you knew that I went to India for Marriage Certificate (MC). We got our MC with lot of hurdles and went to consulate in first week of March. On first day, we showed up at 9.30 at Consulate but the consulate personnel said that we were required to be there before 8AM. So we went 7.50 on next day and she was allowed into Consulate. She was called at 3.40PM. That is after 7.30 hours after submitting the evidence documents. Interview questions:
IO: Where was your Marriage Certificate?
MW: It was there in the stack (She already submitted original and a copy of MC along with appointment letter)
IO: It was taken two days ago, but you were married long time ago. Why didn’t take MC till now?
MW: There was no need of MC till now. None of our family members have taken MC. Your office put my FTJ application in pending due to this document. Hence I called my husband and explained entire situation. He came to India immediately to fulfill the MC formalities. It cost him a bunch of money.
IO: Really, where was he now?
MW: He was waiting out side; I could go and brought him right now if you gave me permission.
IO: Not required. Is this MC fake one?
MW: NO. (frown)
(MW showed IO my physical GC. He checked it carefully and returned.)
IO: okay… I was giving you IV and you would get it in mail in couple of days.
(Returned all originals except marriage certificate. we received original MC along with passports.)
MW: Thank you sir…

ftjquest
1. You are the beneficiary and your spouse is the applicant for visa badger process (FTJ). You need to give your wife details such as name, address, DOB etc on a separate sheet. BTW I got this information from one of the threads. And did the same for my wife.
2. As per my knowledge, courtesy copy is sufficient.

Some of friends asked me some questions and I didn’t answer them because some good friends already answered those questions. I am thankful to aug3102, asrini, and other friends. A special thanks to Mr. Rajiv Kanna for maintaining this web site.

:D :cool: :D

GCFEELING:
Congratulation on your spouse success!

“Visa badger process started in first week of October 2003”
What is visa badger process?
I also filed follow-To-Join for my wife in Africa since April 2003 but have not heard anything yet. My wife is entitled to receive her visa before September 30, 2004 or else she will loose her DV derivative status.
Would you please explain more about visa badger processes?

need more inputs, GCFEELING

GCFEELING, many congrats on finally making it through the process.

I have filed an I824 with TSC and as soon as I get my I824 receipt, I am planning on sending the following docs to New Delhi Consulate:
1) Attorney certified I824 receipt
2) I485 and I140 approval notices (original)
3) Attorney-certified I140 petition, I485 petition and I824 petition
4) Employment letter, notarized w2, last three pay-stubs
5) I-134 and bank letters
6) DS-230 part I
7) notarized marriage certificate
8) wife's birth certificate (notarized)
9) notarized copies of passport pages (which are either printed or relevant stamps)

I would appreciate your inputs on the following:

1) Are there documents I should be sending?
2) Does the consulate directly schedule an interview after this or do they send pkt 3? If they send pkt 3, what are all the docs in pkt 3? I searched the uscis site and couldn't find anything called packet3.

thanks

Interview question

Gurus,
My wife just received the interview letter from Chennai Consulate. Among the documents listed, she says her mother read out that form I-864 is listed for financial affidavit (my wife is currently at my parent's place for a few weeks and the address on file with the consulate is her parent's address). I know we all submitted the affidavit I-134 as part of packet 3. Can someone please clarify whether we need the I-864 also? Or is this a common misprint in the interview letter?

Another question: Even if it is form I-134, why do they list it on the list of documents required for the interview? Didn't we give one to them with packet 3? Should we take copies of the same form?

thanks in advance

Don't worry...

Ftjquest

1) You got all required documents… In fact, more than required… Your question was answered somewhere on this thread… You can search and find.
2) I think you may get packet four, which gives you the interview schedule etc… Please search this thread; you will get the contents of packet three.

WheresMahGreen

Don’t worry; it is normal. I believe your GC is employment based hence I-134 is good enough. There is no requirement of I-864. The printed form in packet four doesn’t have I-134, but in your packet three they might have strike off this I-864 and hand written I-134. Please check it out.

In general, you don’t submit I-134 along with packet three. You are required to submit all your documents such as I-134, medical reports, your educational certificates and so on at the time of your interview. I hope it cleared your questions.
:) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.