Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
aug 3102 same situation for me too

aug 3102,
or anyone,

i am of the same situation as of aug 3012. I applied for my wife's FTJ process through chennai consulate and when asked for status (it is almost 4 months now) they say that they are waiting for reply from BCIS....

Also, i am also in critical condition as i dont have job now. will that create any problem to FTJ or is it ok even if i dont get it ?

suppose, if i get a new job, will it cause anyother problems ?

who will send packet 3 to my wife in india ?

full confusion..... ( mean time I-824 which has almost gone deep down into the ocean , very slow.....) has asked me RFE to let me know which consulate to notify ???!!!! dont they know chennai is a consulate....so funny and stupid...

My father is a permanent US resident petitioning his son. Unfortunately, his son got married, and to make things worse his priority date is less than a year away.

We have accepted the fact that my brother is no longer eligible. However, if my father becomes a US citizen is there a way to change the status of my brother so that we do not have to start all over again?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you.

asrini- I got the same answer from cons that they are waiting for confirmation from bcis but repeated whole process takes 5 to 6 months. SO i am still waiting, dont have a case# yet.
I guess you need to have a job or some kind of income to sponsor your wife. Someone earlier in ths thread mentioned that they ask for an employment letter. I also trying to find out is it ok to get a co-sponsor if you dnt have a job at the time of interview.

email id ?

thanks for your reply aug.

can we keep in touch in emails so that we both can share the experiences or happenings as we are in same boat regd. this case.

you may send emails to my yahoo id which is ananthu_sri@yahoo.com

please let me know your email id and your name.

thanks
-ananth

Interview dates....

Folks,

Need some advice, my wife's 824 case was opened by New Delhi consulate on Aug'14. Does anyone know approx. when should we expect an Interview date??

Also, the mail that I got from embassy said this a provisional case. Don't know what that means!!!!

Thanks,

how long does Chennai consulate take to acknowledge the receipt of docs?

Hi,
I have sent all the docs to process FTJ for my spouse 3 weeks ago. And last week i sent an email to chennai consulate to find out if my docs (485 approval, stamping in PP, notarized copy of actual GC, MC, BC and all that stuff)are looked at and i got a reply

" We have no records of this case here at the Consulate.
Customer Service Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600 006
India
Phone - 91-44-28112060(dir), 28112000(board)
Fax - 91-44- 28112020, 28112027
Website - http://chennai.usconsulate.gov "

could anyone please let me know what it means?
and let me know approx how long they take before they open case?

Cheers
Hawk74

Jenna,

please donot make a same post in different places it hinders, rather than helps, provide you with answers and in effect multiplies the work needed to keep up with what you're being told

Thanks

Derivative AOS for spouse while in USA

was hoping that anyone with similar situation can help answer my questions.

I'm an asylee. I was married in 2001 and a year after I got married my husband received his green card which he got through his employment. Recently I found out that since I married my husband before he received his LPR status that makes me entitled to apply for LPR status using his preference classification and priority date. my confusion is that I don't know what to file with the I-485. If you can help me i would really appreciate it since my current situation does not allow me to hire a lawyer. thanx

What forms to file with the I-485?

Do I need form I-134?

Medical examination and vaccination required?

It would really help if anyone can let me know what forms they filed exactly..i would be really thankful.

PCC sample letter

Hi there,
I am trying to get PCC in india and i am not sure if there is any fixed format for the body of the letter.
Could anyone( who got the immigrant visa) please post a sample PCC letter?

thanks in advance
Hawk74

Re: No Title

As long as your wife is in US before your 485 approval you can do the follow on to join for your wife.

PCC

Hey Hawk!

Did you get a PCC format?

I am in the same boat and am looking for a sample PCC format, lest the police in New Delhi gets back saying htey have no idea!

It would be great if you or anyone else could post a format!

Also if anyone needs to talk personally at a greater speed email me at "r0hitk@yahoo.com"

thanks!

No format is necessary. Police verification/certification is a fairly common request. A constable will even visit the home of the Delhi resident and interview the neighbors. You should expect the report in a few days.

Hope this helps.

americandesi

approved

I just came back from India on a short vacation and found that my I-824 is approved. ND 6/nov/02 AD on 22/sep/03. Now waiting for consulate to send Packet3.

Hi Guys,
Is it possible to bring your wife to USA on a visitor's visa when you are an adjustee?
I've already used my EAD and am trying to figure out a way to bring my wife to USA.My idea is one my I485 is stamped ,I will file Follow to Join and wait for her approval.
But in the meantime if she wants to visit me on a visitor visa,Do u guys think it is possible?
I would be really greatful if you guys can throw some light on this matter.
Thanks in advance and best of luck to all.

Hi kewlmarc,

I am in the same situation as you...i.e with EAD and awaiting for
I-485 adjudication in order to apply FTJ (Follow-to-join)
for spouse.
I have been given to understand that the spouse can only come on H-1/L-1...

aug3102 and asrini, have you guys had any progress on your FTJ process? I have started the process for my spouse at chennai consulate.

Same reply

hi,

to answer to your question, actually, i send an email last week and the reply i got was they were still waiting for the BCIS to reply back...
It is almost 5 months over that i applied FTJ to chennai.

i will update if i get more info.

mean time good to hear that aug3102 got 824 cleared. Actually i applied 824 during oct 2002. still mine is pending....hoping to get it cleared... aug3012, so what was your next step after that approval ? let us know

ok bye

hi

Thanks guys. I had called NSC a month ago, they had told me that its going to take another 6 months. Then i wrote to Chennai consulate and they said they havent heard anything back from BCIS and that they are sending reminders to BCIS. Within couple of weeks i got the I-824 approval.
I am not quiet sure what's the next step. From this forum, I got impression that after this approval, consulate will send p3 and then we have to send it back with necessary documents and then then will send p4 with an appointment letter for interview.
When i talked to the lawyer they told me a different story. First INS will send a bill for processing fee and then after they receive the payment it will take another 3 to 6 months to send packet3.
I am trying to find out more. If i get any new information i will let you guys know. Btw, asrini, from my experience, you should get your I-824 approval within a month time.

Status
Not open for further replies.