Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
GCARD

Would you please give me your email what you check frequently.

Did Chennai got the cable from NVC or they created the case number by themselves when they received the I-824 approval from you along with other documents.

Please, reply. I am just wondering that NIV trigger the case at Embassy by sending the Cable or you triggered it by sending the I824 approval.

Looks like you are lucky. Coz according to your message they got the cable withing 4 days of approval. Most of the cases it gets lost :) . Also you proceesed at NSC , right? It took you 8 months to get 824 approved, right?? Did you apply after your I485 was approved, or you applied for I824 before I-485 approved?

According to your message, you told that INS send the notification to Embassy. That means once I-824 get approved, they forwarded that approval to make the NVC visa number available and send the cable to Embassy. NVC then send the notification or cable, then embassy create a case number.

Please, reply me if I am correct. My I-485 is still pending, and I ahve to go thru the same process once it get approved.

Gcard :

Congratulations. Did you contact Chennai counsulate before your 824 got approved. Like everybody else did you send them the docs before 824 was approved. If yes, did you do it through a lawyer.
Also can you email me at paulsimon74@yahoo.com, so that I clear some doubts. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks a ton,
Paul

I mailed the notarized docs on Dec and called them since Jan last week about it. I am sorry to say i did not get much positive response from them. They repeatedly told only if INS sends us the case we can proceed.

I sent two or three emails in Feb 1st week (before I-824 approval). For my surprise they replied back that they have sent the papers to INS for verification and told me not to contact for 3 months.

It seems they will send the docs for verification. Its the INS which is not responding to them. Infact I dont know how they generated packet3 for me. Either becoz of the papers i sent or I-824 approval or the combination, I still dont know.

Regarding the Lawyer's question, Yes i did fill using an attorney just paying them $$$$ with not much help. Infact I helped my attorney know more about the process (Sending the INS link, FTJ thread etc). My attorney was of the impression that their office will receive packet03.

In my experience filling with attorney doesnt yield much other than you paying $$$$. We have to be little aggressive/deligent calling the consulate I think that helps a lot.

I hope I answered your question and I wish/pray everyone get a very good response very soon.

GCard

Sahin

In my understanding and lot of the friends (All approved through FTJ) I talked to it wont go to NVC at all. My process took place in CSC. I applied immediately after I-485 approval.

I was also told that the loss of cable is very remote post 09/11. As per the new regulations they have to record each and every cable. So dont worry that your cable will be lost. I was not excited initally after the approval as I thought i will be struck in the post-approval pot hole. But it didn't happen and I hope this problem is well taken care.

I know the pain of being apart from your family.

GCard.

Hi Gcard ,

Congrats for your success !!

I have few questions :

Have you included your spouse name at any stage during your 485 process ?

How did you apply at chennai consulate ?
thru attorney Or yourself ?

what are all the docs you sent along with your application at chennai consulate ?

do you have plastic green card when you apply at chennai ?

Thanks in adavnce !!

ht

hi ht102

No not included my wife in 485
Applied through my attorney also sent attorney notarized copies to consulates

I think you mean what notarized docs i sent. If so

1) I485 Approval
2) GC Plastic Notarized
3) I824 Original You can send phot copy also
4) I140 Notarized (Dont think it is needed)
5) Passport all non-blank pages notarized
6) Marriage Certificate Notarized

I think thats pretty much it

Also did not get plastics before applying 824 (obviously), but got the plastics within 3 months.

Good luck for you

GCard

GC Card

Folks,
Just want to let you know that if you have the plastic card then you dont need to apply for I824. You can directly request consulate to process your wife FTJ.

This is a state department rule. I can give you the link directly from state department if you need.

I think if you go back in this thread you will see somebody posted it.

Thanks Gcard for the info !!

Sahin

could please send us the link you mentioned ?

Thanks ,

ht.

Update..

Just wanted to give an update on my husband's case. I checked the appt system and interview is scheduled on March25th.

Questions:
Do I need to be present for the interview?
I know I need notorized employment letter and bank statements.
Can I use the statements that bank sends me everymonth? Or do I have to get a letter from banks.
Are there any other docs you took to the interview??

Please advise.

In my case my emails to the Chennai consulate worked. Though it took a while. Further even now they tell me that Cable is not recieved.

I had my attorney request CSC to send cable to Chennai.

Thanks
GRAMS2

Hello Grams2,

I was not present for my wife's interview at the mumbai consulate, and it was not an issue.

The questions asked of my wife were:
1. Who sponsored you? How many people live, or are dependants, of the sponsor?
2. Was it a love marriage, an arranged marriage?
3. How many people attended your wedding, and they looked at the weding photographs my wife had taken with her.
4. They asked her what visa I had originally entered the USA with, and how long I had been living in the USA.
5. They asked to see proof of the visa I had originally entered the USA with.

My wife said that most people being interviewed that day were asked the same set of questions.

Points to note:

1. For the passport, make photocopies of ALL pages, including blank ones. The consulate specifically asked for this. If the passport that has the visa you used to originally enter the USA with, has expired, make photocopies of ALL pages of that passport as well. They specifically asked for this, too.

2. Mt plastic green card photograph does not photocopy well at all. The consulate rejected the black and white copy, and I ended up doing a colour scan and e-mailing that to my wife. She obtained colour printout of the card and used that instead. That was accepted by the consulate.

3. I had not sent any bank statements at all. Just the notarized letter of employment.

4. My wife also took the marriage photo album, and copies of the past three years of my tax returns, in addition to the list of documents outlined on the letter mailed out by the consulate.

Good luck on the interview. I was very nervous ahead of it, but it turned out to be nothing more than just a formality.

Regards,

carguy

Hi all ,

Does anyone changed the Employer(from green card sponser) while their spouse FOLLOWING to JOIN in progress ?

is it Ok do that ? also can we change the Employer before the
plastic Green card comes ?

any help is greatly appreciated !!

Ht.

Originally posted by ht102
Hi all ,

Does anyone changed the Employer(from green card sponser) while their spouse FOLLOWING to JOIN in progress ?

is it Ok do that ? also can we change the Employer before the
plastic Green card comes ?

any help is greatly appreciated !!

Ht.

I think you are ok to change jobs if you have finished 6 months after green card OR you are able to convince that you had an intention to be with your sponsoring employer for ever. If you dont have the intention to become a citizen, the change of employer after green card approval doesnt matter at all. Also its in no way related to your physical green card.

About changing employer while the follow-to-join is going on I have no clue (sorry!) actually I also wonder the same thing.

Hope I was able to answer atleast part of what you wanted.

To GCard

Congratulations Gcard,

You are a very lucky guy I must say. Im sure patience, efforts and luck are a primary ingredient of FTJ process.

Can you please send me your contact info at paulsimon74@yahoo.com or call me on my cell at 408-393-7285. I need to talk to your attorney too, to see if he can take upo my case. Hope I can hear from you

Thanking in anticipation
Paul

VISAS OMEGA

Folks,
You might already know there is an alternative if I-824. In back 96/97 lot of people succeeded thru this process. This is called Visas-Omega. This does not cost that much money.

All you have to do is to go to Canada/Mexico US consulate where Immigration visa is processed like Montreal. Just ask them to send a cable to your back home consulate by paying 30 dollar (Tentative).

I have to do FTJ too. My I-485 is still pending. As soon as it get approved, I will first try that. It might cost me ony 300 bugs for plan ticket and 60 for Hotel rent. But if it workd, the cable would go within maximum 10 days.

Also, you can always call to Montreal consulate and ask them whether they do it or not.

The purpose of I-824 is just to send a notification to the embassy that your case get approved and you want to proceed your wife GC. That Visas Omega do the same thing.

All papers you need are:

1) Your Immigration VISA stamp
2) I140, 485 approval
3) Marriage certificate
4) Wife name, address and consulate in back hime.

Ppl, give it a shot. It will save lot of your waiting time to process I 824.

If you wanna know more go to
www.dejanews.com

search "Visas Omega"

You will see lot of people went thru that and lot of lawers have suggested that. However, I did not see people do it now a days.
It might happen because 1) People are not aware of it, or 2) It does not work now a days, or 3) people are lazy to travel Canada or Mexico.

My 2 cents.

I am not a lawer.

Update and Info needed

Due to certain circumstances my husband is not in a position to attend the interview in March. My husband is not in India now and he will be able to come back only after 2 months. When he left India, he had no idea of the interview.

It is unfortunate that this should happen now. But we have to request the postponement of the interview.
Is that okay to ask the chennai consulate to do or do I have to file I824 again and go through it again..

Can any of you advise about this???

Regards
GRAMS2

Phone Call

Cannot you or your husband make a phone call and ask them if it is possible without any harm. They are the one can tell the real thing what gonna happen. Sometimes, Embassy act independently.

Re: Case# Created

Hi Everyone ,

Chennai Finaly Created the CASE for me .

Consulate simply says they will send an appointment letter with instructions.

I thought I should submit packet3 forms and wait for an Interview ,
Does any one got any experience ?

Hi Gcard and Grams2 ,

both of you guys are going thru the same process in Chennai
could you please give me an update what is after the case creation ?

Thanks in advance .

Good luck to everyone in this Group !!

ht.

Hi ht102

First of all my Congrats!!!!

I strongly suggest you to get the case# from them and mail packet#3 (Case# has to be mentioned in OF169) and not wait for them. you could save a week by doing so and who knows you could be scheduled in May interview itself instead of June.

Good Luck

GCard

Status
Not open for further replies.