Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the forms that must be submitted to sponser my wife\'s GC?

Hi Guys!

I have applied for my Citizenship in January 2002. I want to start the paper work for my wife\'s GC. She is on H1B. What are the forms that I need to file for her? We come under Neberaska Service Center. How soon can she get get EAD?

Thanks in advance for your help.

KG

Packet 3 Urgent Help Needed

My wife received packet 3. Do we have to send Of169 and DS230 partI separatly or together?

I dont have police certificate and Avidence of support ready with us to sign the checklist. Can we just sign that form and sent it and prepare these documents later?

Thanks in advance.

to Raju Prabu

Great news man, I think DS 230 is the latest form you can download it and fill it up from www.immihelp.com. I there is no need to send any other forms now. You will have to arrang for police clearnance certificate from Regional passport office and local ploice station. Dont sen I134 now it has to be submitted at the time of the interview.
Hope this helps.

Cool-guy

newboy

I think you can still process her immigrant visa in canada since here residence is in that country. I might be wrong consult a attorney.

Cool-guy

to Raju Prabu

Great news man, I think DS 230 is the latest form you can download it and fill it up from www.immihelp.com. I there is no need to send any other forms now. You will have to arrang for police clearnance certificate from Regional passport office and local ploice station. Dont sen I134 now it has to be submitted at the time of the interview.
Hope this helps.

Cool-guy

dont forget the attachment to 824

hxs_bd,

When you fill your 824 dont forget to fill in suppliment form that will have your wifes details. It will include you wife name, her local address, DOB and the consulate to which the cable has to be sent.

Cool-guy

to Raju Prabu

Sign the documents and send it. While your p3 is processed you can obtain PCC and other related documents. It should not be a problem at all. Send in the P3 at the earliest, it may be late for April interview but if you send p3 before march 19th you will make it in May.

Cool-guy

Question for Gururs, need help...

I got married in Dec 2000.
My spouse came here on H1B, I got my 485 approval in June 2001. we filed for her 485 of deravative adjustment. Spouse had received EAD on that basis. We did not use that EAD till now as Spouse was working for H1B sponsered employee. Now can she join some other employer on EAD.
Will this cause any problems?

absolutely no problem

there is absolutely no problem with her moving to a different employer. Go ahead and make that change.

Cool-guy

I 485 approved and calling husband from India

If my husband is in India finishing his 2 yrs of HRR as he is on J1 visa and I get my 485 approved. Then I think I can bring him to USA thru Follow to join rule after he finishes those 2 years in HRR. I might have to file for I 824 if I am not wrong. How long does it take from start to end to bring him back from India after his 2 years of HRR and when should I file for it?

Thanks

My Guess is 6-8 months

485 case,

yes you are right the first step is to apply for I-824. Once 824 is
approved by INS, the consulate that you mentioned in the 824 will be notified and they will create a case number for him. Then you file Packet 3 forms with the consulate and take the interview. Hope this helps.

Coo-guy

when to apply

Thanks cool guy, but when can I apply for him .......I mean during his HRR or after he finishes that?

Thanks so much

now

I would rther start it now and get him the green card while he is doing his HRR, it does not hurt. By the time he finishes it you dont have to wait extra time.

Cool-Guy

Plastic card necessary for FTJ case?

Hi, Guys:
Is plastic card (i-551) necessary to apply to I-824? I saw it on the INS official web site. But my lawyer said it\'s ok to just submit a copy of my approval notice for my wife\'s FTJ case. What is everybody\'s experience here?
Thank you in advance for the input.

To Cool -guy

CONGRATULATIONS

Please post all details like documents needed, questions asked etc after interview.

My wife is expecting to get interview in May.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.