Finally Become PR

winthan

Registered Users (C)
Now, I got GC and travel document at the same day, and become PR finally after living a year :) OMG! OMG! I can't believe it.

Thanks for expedite processing to USCIS, IRC, especially to NYC Honorable Senator Charles E Schumer.

Without any helps form Senator, I couldn't get my case done so fast.

Thanks to everyone :p and hope your dream come true too in United State Of America.

Well, congrats! Now, behave and you'll be a citizen in 5 years if you're interested in that. :)

For my curiosity. Does one have to get U.S. citizenship after certain time? Is it possible to stay green card holder for entire life and keep citizenship of origin country?

one can stay with GC for as long as one wishes.

Getting US citizenship does not necessarily mean giving up previous on(s) however. Only certain countries have this requirment.

For my curiosity. Does one have to get U.S. citizenship after certain time? Is it possible to stay green card holder for entire life and keep citizenship of origin country?
Yes. There is no obligation to apply for US citizenship. Many people remain as permanent residents for life.

All 3 scenarios are possible. Depends on the GC holder's current citizenship.

(1) Live in the US all their life and never apply for US citizenship
(2) Acquire US citizenship and keep current citizenship
(3) Acquire US citizenship and lose current citizenship

Is it possible to stay green card holder for entire life and keep citizenship of origin country?

.... here are more:
(4)Acquire US citizenship and keep current citizenship, then get one or more others, and lose US citizenship
(5)Acquire US citizenship and lose current citizenship, then get one or more others, and keep US citizenship

I guess we could play this game out farther.

.... here are more:
(4)Acquire US citizenship and keep current citizenship, then get one or more others, and lose US citizenship
(5)Acquire US citizenship and lose current citizenship, then get one or more others, and keep US citizenship

I guess we could play this game out farther.

how about Losing current citizenship while at PR status, acquire an another third-countries of citizenship, then he can get US Citizenship, does he?
does he have to lose third-countries citizenship before getting US Citizenship? Getting another third country of Citizenship is easy, Liked Dominica, Liberian.

As far as I know, Liberian Citizenship is about EUR 53K about in 4 weeks :) Dominica Citizenship processing are still in research.

I question the cost/benefit ratio. :)

Well, I think, if the person can get dual citizenship at there,
the benefit might be sure:

• Deny all efforts to establish extradition arrangements with other countries;
  • No taxes on total income, rather only tax money spent thus creating incentive for savings;
  • No taxes on interest and dividend payments

But since that place is in Africa, I didn't catch any interested in it, and the price are almost high too. So, I am still inquiring about Dominican :)