Finally, an USCIS opinion about our endless question

Sueing INS - just because you can?

TortFeasor said:
It is amazing how people can get exercised over nothing!

The "fact sheet" did not contain anything new and actullly supported opinions held by some of us that there is a large leeway for asylees and LPRs to travel back to COP under the right circumstances. That travel to COP is not per se evidence of fraud. As the information stated you "may" be asked questions if you travelled to your COP and in "in some circumstances" be subject to an action to terminate the asylum status which you can challenge in an immigration court and then federal courts.

(Thankful, I hope you advised your pro bono client that the mere fact that the INS sought to terminate the asylum is not the end of the case and that there are judicial remedies to counter that - you seem to be knowingly and conveniently ignoring that fact when you discuss this issue).

The world is divided into two: those that want to get scared and do nothing and those who know their rights and know how inefficient the INS is and know how to take it to task. The former group, please continue doing nothing. Those of us in the latter group will continue to do what we have to do and beat the INS one way or the other. I love taking the INS to court and get their ass whipped! I cannot wait for the next time. I have the money, the training, the resources and the time to do it so please bring it on!

Cheerio

This is such a bold post that it makes me think that you are a provocator. Otherwise I cannot imagine that someone would telling others about the joy of "whipping INS' s ass" Those of you who are so bragging about taking INS to court - what are you going to sue the INS for? That they gave you the refuge, status and even a little money at the beginning so that you could recover from the prosecution and start everything all over? And when you " full of hot air" want to go or go to the COP, they are not even supposed to question whether your fear of prosecution in that COP was real? I know that for many it has been years since they came from the home country and that the circumstances may have changed, but then based on that logic, you can safely return and live there now. Theoretically, the obligations of the USA to the asylee are fulfilled once the circumstances change... Thank God that INS is not going around checking on every asylee whether their circumstances changed or not and we can ALL peacefully live here and wait for our citizenship. The only way the asylee is going to bring attention to that change of circumstance is when they return to the COP. And I assume that they could only return to the COP if the circumstances have changed, or if the claimed prosecution was never real. So what is there to sue INS for? Something wrong with the moral here.

What is your point?

Who are you to moralize about to us?

If you do not want to go back to your COP, no one is forcing you.

Others who have very good reasons may do so. We have said this over and over again and I have had enough of your type. My advice, keep your moralizing to yourself. Even better, go f**k yourself!

Those with balls know their rights and will enforce it. End of the story. Stay in your cacoon!

doctorn said:
This is such a bold post that it makes me think that you are a provocator. Otherwise I cannot imagine that someone would telling others about the joy of "whipping INS' s ass" Those of you who are so bragging about taking INS to court - what are you going to sue the INS for? That they gave you the refuge, status and even a little money at the beginning so that you could recover from the prosecution and start everything all over? And when you " full of hot air" want to go or go to the COP, they are not even supposed to question whether your fear of prosecution in that COP was real? I know that for many it has been years since they came from the home country and that the circumstances may have changed, but then based on that logic, you can safely return and live there now. Theoretically, the obligations of the USA to the asylee are fulfilled once the circumstances change... Thank God that INS is not going around checking on every asylee whether their circumstances changed or not and we can ALL peacefully live here and wait for our citizenship. The only way the asylee is going to bring attention to that change of circumstance is when they return to the COP. And I assume that they could only return to the COP if the circumstances have changed, or if the claimed prosecution was never real. So what is there to sue INS for? Something wrong with the moral here.

Last edited by a moderator:
doctorn said:

Doctorn: You summarised the topic in a very dramitic and logic way. Your logic works for those whose mind absorbs logic. but for those whose logic has failed, Chrisma comes in...Some members here apply logic; others beliefes and passions.....

Morning said:
doctorn
Do you make any difference between 'prosecution' and 'persecution'? Just curious.
You are right, the term that applies here is persecution. I guess I have been writing and saying it wrong all this time. Thanks for bringing my attention to it.

TortFeasor said:
Who are you to moralize about to us?

If you do not want to go back to your COP, no one is forcing you.

Others who have very good reasons may do so. We have said this over and over again and I have had enough of your type. My advice, keep your moralizing to yourself. Even better, go f**k yourself!

Those with balls know their rights and will enforce it. End of the story. Stay in your cacoon!

I am glad that you read my post and replied to it.

new experiences???

any new experience about to travel abroad ( not necessary to COP) after january 12?

dfvm said:
any new experience about to travel abroad ( not necessary to COP) after january 12?

Me and my wife came back from Turkey yesterday. No problems at all. I had RTD + GC, she had RTD only (No GC yet). Both of us went through Residents and Citizens line at Philadelphia International Airport. According to Custom and Immigration officer, who stamped our RTD's no secondary inspection was required for my wife, because he handled it. She did not get new I 94 with ASYLUM STATUS GRANTED... but with plain stamp ADMITTED... There were no problems at all.

Following questions were asked by IO:

What do I do for a living
Where do I work
What country did we visit
Duration of trip
Purpose of trip

I realized that IO referred to his monitor during me answering first two questions. It looked like he was verifying the info.

any new experience

does anybody have a new experience coming back to the US from, (after january 12), whatever country using the Green card and the passport of COP

Why?
I came back on January 12, 2007. Please guys stop it. No one (USCIS)cares about you travelling to your COP. USCIS won't terminate no one's GC because he ( the Green cardholder) travelled to his country, therefore please, STOP THIS HISTORY FOR ONCE.
I will be going back to my COP from June to August because I will be doing a research for my Ph.D.

freedoms12 said:
Why?
I came back on January 12, 2007. Please guys stop it. No one (USCIS)cares about you travelling to your COP. USCIS won't terminate no one's GC because he ( the Green cardholder) travelled to his country, therefore please, STOP THIS HISTORY FOR ONCE.
I will be going back to my COP from June to August because I will be doing a research for my Ph.D.

It looks like it took only 6 months for your GC to be processed. Is that right?

freedoms12 said:
Why?
Also, can you share a secret - how are you eligible for your citizenship 2 years after getting your GC?

any new experience?

does anybody have a new experience coming back to the US( after January 12) from any country ( not necessarily the COP) using the Green card and the passport of COP

I know a friend in chicago. His wife has come back from COP on january 25th. She landed in chicago without ANY PROBLEMS using her NP + GC. IO just asked her the reason of visit and that is it.

I just checked the insctructions page for I-131. It clearly states that even an asylum-based LPR has to obtain an RTD to travel.

Refugee Travel Document - A refugee travel
document is issued to a person classified as a refugee or
asylee, or to a permanent resident who obtained such status
as a result of being a refugee or asylee
in the United States.
Persons who hold such status must have a refugee travel
document to return to the United States after temporary
travel abroad
unless he or she is in possession of a valid
advance parole document.

Looks like we should wait until we hold that dark-blue passport in our hands... :(

Derivative Asylee LPR traveling to cop

anyone have any info about travelling back to cop with lpr staus got with derivative asylum. :confused: :confused: :confused: