Finally, an USCIS opinion about our endless question

The new question now is if whether the io's are going to act more accordingly to the USCIS press release or not.

This is what I think is gonna happen... Time is gonna pass by, and the immigration communicate is gonna be left behind. Trips to COP will be resumed, we'll hear new experiences, and it's gonna start all over.

Don Chinche said:
The new question now is if whether the io's are going to act more accordingly to the USCIS press release or not.

This is what I think is gonna happen... Time is gonna pass by, and the immigration communicate is gonna be left behind. Trips to COP will be resumed, we'll hear new experiences, and it's gonna start all over.

What I think this new memo did not clarify (like we all wanted) is whether or not PRs, who acquired it through asylum, can use NP to travel to COP OR to any other country. My personal decision...

I am going to continue to use the RTD until citizenship even though I do have a valid passport from my COP... This is a personal choice. Again, as some posters have already said, this memo basically clarified nothing, except to reiterate what has already been said on this board and in the law books. I am personally disappointed by this memo as it accomplishes absolutely nothing.

traveling to COP

hi all,

What a great forum! You guys/girls are awesome!

In my humble opinion, for some reason, USCIS just posted a summary of existing rules and regulations (hence the name fact sheet). Maybe this is wishful thinking but I doubt USCIS will give hard time to permanent residents.. My lawyer says that in theory they could revoke a GC of a former asylee, but in reality this process is quite tedious. A short-term travel to COP is probably even a lesser issue for former derivative asylees who weren't directly persecuted.

I look forward to your comments.
V.V.

Vicent.vega: Welcome to the forum. My thoughts are that a Green cards can be revoke to anyone. It doesn't matter how you get it, thru Asylum, Lottery, Marrige, or family based.

You should always be aware of this and act accordingly. Traveling back to COP is a risk, but if you are fearless and willing to take the risk, do it.

I've always thought that if I have a strong reason to go back to my COP I will do it no matter what, but I also think is very irresponsible to tell people is OK to do it.
Traveling back is up to each person at their own risk.

It's my opinion.
Suerte

vincent.vega said:
hi all,

In my humble opinion, for some reason, USCIS just posted a summary of existing rules and regulations (hence the name fact sheet). Maybe this is wishful thinking but I doubt USCIS will give hard time to permanent residents.. My lawyer says that in theory they could revoke a GC of a former asylee, but in reality this process is quite tedious. A short-term travel to COP is probably even a lesser issue for former derivative asylees who weren't directly persecuted.

V.V.

After getting GC whenever you are encounter an I/O, he/she is basically looking for any stupid thing that you have done AFTER getting the GC (like robbing, killing, raping etc..) and NOT before GC. Those GC holders who come back from COP have these fears because they themselves are guilty at heart of going back.

This is my NOT so humble opinion...
;)

Any recent experiences????????

Any recent experiences worth sharing reagarding GC holders who came back from short visit to COP using either NP or RTD for the holidays?

Thanks

PS> How many years does it take to get your citizenship after GC was obtained based on Asylum>???

jubilee said:
' anybody know if I can visit my COP after adjust my status to LPR?'

*forum member "No, you risk to be deported ..I heard about someone deported behind that"
*forum member " you can do it long you have the necessary documentation for your emergency trip"
*forum member " even without paperwork supporting your visit ..you able to travel freely remember you are no longer asylee you are LPR now."
*forum member " No you risk to be deported !!!"

*GOVERMENT* USCIS FACT SHEET !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
What happened to our bet?

Hey Sinnersroom (I think I want to give you a Forum nickname and will call you "Azamat" from now on - have you seen Borat by any chance?)

So Azamat, what happened to your threat - I am still waiting to be reported to your lawyer and get "injailed."

Nice!

SINNERSROOM said:
if i report you to that lawyer you will be injailed .so watch your mouth.

I dont bet with KUKU

Borat is your Father . it looks like you watch 2 much movies you became "KUKU". you must deal with Psychiatrist not with my lawyer.they shoud bring you to real world . i got you real name "KUKU "
they need you at madhouse.
It may be as broad as having a mental disorder and being capable of mental or physical deterioration or as narrow as a patient being considered to be an immediate danger to themselves or others. :p

do we need a refugee travel document with green card?

Do u know if the travel document is still valid for 1 year and we have to do it every year until we become citizen? can somebody clarify this for me

vincent.vega said:
hi all,

V.V.
Hi there!!!

i am a Flight Attendant, and I got my green Card through asylum, and now I am using my passport from COP, But we don't fly to my country, usually I flight to Mexico, Canada and Bahamas...I am worry because to get this new TD takes a lot of time and I don't know if I can keep my job without a document to get out of the US ( we need a Passport with us all the time), somebody can tell me something about it!!!!

dfvm said:
Hi there!!!

i am a Flight Attendant, and I got my green Card through asylum, and now I am using my passport from COP, But we don't fly to my country, usually I flight to Mexico, Canada and Bahamas...I am worry because to get this new TD takes a lot of time and I don't know if I can keep my job without a document to get out of the US ( we need a Passport with us all the time), somebody can tell me something about it!!!!

I know if you have a valid NP and GC, you don't need RTD to travel abroad

Travelco
GC holder

can I be deported?

I am new in this forum, and I am so impressed with all the information found here.

This is my case, I am GC holder i got it through asylum. I work for an airline like a Flight attendant, I Undesrtand from now on I need to use a RTD co get out of the us, I have my passport from my COP, I got it here in the US, I am really nervous because I need to have with me all the time a passport to work..and I have been using my COP passport, We don't flight to my COP, usually Mexico, Canada and Bahamas, I don't know what to do because to get the RTD takes like 3 months and I need to go at the end of the month to Canada. Do u think if I go with my COP passport could i be deported?

Thank you somuch for all your help

dfvm said:
I am new in this forum, and I am so impressed with all the information found here.

This is my case, I am GC holder i got it through asylum. I work for an airline like a Flight attendant, I Undesrtand from now on I need to use a RTD co get out of the us, I have my passport from my COP, I got it here in the US, I am really nervous because I need to have with me all the time a passport to work..and I have been using my COP passport, We don't flight to my COP, usually Mexico, Canada and Bahamas, I don't know what to do because to get the RTD takes like 3 months and I need to go at the end of the month to Canada. Do u think if I go with my COP passport could i be deported?

Thank you somuch for all your help

Do not worry. You won't be deported. The only time that this may come up for questioning is during your citizenship interview and even then it is examined on a case-by-case basis. You cannot be deported simply because you use your COP passport. However, you should always be vigilant about using your passport. One immigration officer told me: use your passport or RTD but better to have both. But who knows...

After hearing some many bulls from different IOs, I hope they all add one more sentence to their comment: this only represents my own point of view, but not our agency :D

vdostoi1 said:
One immigration officer told me: use your passport or RTD but better to have both. But who knows...

new experience with passport of COP or RTD?

did anybody travel abroad and came back with no problems? any new experience to share with us?

I guess from now on...we have to have both?
:)