Finally, an USCIS opinion about our endless question

If you are questioned after returning COP about what was the purpose of your visit Never Ever answer "Tourism" because could lead to further problems. Have your visit documented as much as possible.

wantmygcnow said:
Thankful is one of the most respectful member of this board. You can label me as a goon but Thankful is an actual practising attorney..

What he said about revoking asylum without a judge is correct. Read the law book. If you got your asylum through a judge its a different story.

LETS NOT JUMP ON OTHERS JUST BECAUSE YOU THINK WHAT YOU SAY IS RIGHT.

I agree with you on that point that Thankful is the most knowledgable and respecful member on the forum. Throughout my interaction with USCIS, I have never seen his statements wrong. For those seeking valuabe advice, please listen to his advice carefully.

SINNERSROOM said:
you suck man. :eek: you still keep saying it is okay to go COP. can you read what Fact sheet says ? whatever case u make against them .they will dissmiss it .and if you are lawyer :confused: . you know what iam talking about.

before "fact sheet" i consulted with a "LAWYER" who owns top law office for over 50 yrs .( he did Nixons case and watergate JUST for you to consider who is he) . he told me dont do it. and you think you are better than him . he told me you cant sue USCIS they will dismiss your case.

Calm down sinnersroom: I know what you mean, but these guys are determined to maintaim their argument whatever the cost. They already did what you are talking about, so they think of you as though you are the USCIS. The mere mention of the issue scares them....so there is little we can do...

then how about derivertive asylee based GC? same damn "fact sheet" applies to them?

I sent my wife and kids to COP with NP + RP + GC on 26th, then the damn fact sheet published on 27th!!! what a good luck. worrying............. cannot go sleeping............ anyone can give me some reasons that they are gonna be OK and make me feels a little better?
Thanks

inbt said:
I sent my wife and kids to COP with NP + RP + GC on 26th, then the damn fact sheet published on 27th!!! what a good luck. worrying............. cannot go sleeping............ anyone can give me some reasons that they are gonna be OK and make me feels a little better?
Thanks

You have nothing to worry. They will return in safe. These are hypothetical situations.

I agree

I agree. You can never sue the INS. You cannot sue any government agency in the United States. As soon as you sue, the courts of this country (as those Kangaroo courts from our COPs) will dismiss the case. There is no judicial review or remedies. Anything the INS says is final and we cannot do anything about it! Either the immigration agent at the POE or during the citizenship process has a complete and an unlimited power to revoke ones LPR and revoke the asylee status.

Since I do not know as much as your lawyer, this is my advice:

To Sinnersroom and his friends: do not under any circumstance renew the NP or travel to COP even if the regime may have changed or you have to visit a dying relative or visit someone you have not seen in many many years. Wait until citizenship before doing any of such but there might also be grounds for concern after that.

To myself and the other fellow "crazy" Forum members: we are going to dare the INS and we will do what we need to do (renew NP, travel to COP) and see what happens. We will let you know how it turns out. Pray for us as we will not be able to challenge the INS in court as the all-powerful lawyer of Sinnersroom has advised him (by the way how much did he charge you per hour for this wisdom-filled advice?)

Cheerio

SINNERSROOM said:
you suck man. :eek: you still keep saying it is okay to go COP. can you read what Fact sheet says ? whatever case u make against them .they will dissmiss it .and if you are lawyer :confused: . you know what iam talking about.

before "fact sheet" i consulted with a "LAWYER" who owns top law office for over 50 yrs .( he did Nixons case and watergate JUST for you to consider who is he) . he told me dont do it. and you think you are better than him . he told me you cant sue USCIS they will dismiss your case.

TortFeasor said:
I agree. You can never sue the INS. You cannot sue any government agency in the United States.
Cheerio

What are you talking about man? I did it successfully only few months back... :D

TortFeasor said:
I agree. You can never sue the INS. You cannot sue any government agency in the United States. As soon as you sue, the courts of this country (as those Kangaroo courts from our COPs) will dismiss the case. There is no judicial review or remedies. Anything the INS says is final and we cannot do anything about it! Either the immigration agent at the POE or during the citizenship process has a complete and an unlimited power to revoke ones LPR and revoke the asylee status.

Since I do not know as much as your lawyer, this is my advice:

To Sinnersroom and his friends: do not under any circumstance renew the NP or travel to COP even if the regime may have changed or you have to visit a dying relative or visit someone you have not seen in many many years. Wait until citizenship before doing any of such but there might also be grounds for concern after that.

To myself and the other fellow "crazy" Forum members: we are going to dare the INS and we will do what we need to do (renew NP, travel to COP) and see what happens. We will let you know how it turns out. Pray for us as we will not be able to challenge the INS in court as the all-powerful lawyer of Sinnersroom has advised him (by the way how much did he charge you per hour for this wisdom-filled advice?)

Cheerio
you must be a liitle bit carefull what u say in this forum.you can harm people .
i know you can go COP if you have emergency which you can prove as believable evidece or your countrys political situatoion changed . political asylum is not a video game as you think . if USCIS denies applicant from citizinship because of renewal of NP . do you think you can sue them ???
and you are not really free to go there as regular GC holders.(can you sue police and be successfull in america)??? how long have you been living in this country???? do you think USCIS cares about your parents or etc? why than asylees parents cant get derivative asylum status?
can you sue them for that? i dont think they will let you in to the courtroom :) if i report you to that lawyer you will be injailed .so watch your mouth.

i know a asylum based GC holder who renewed and visited COP because he read your threads.so imagine what can happen to you if he will get denied at citizinship interview?

Beware of...

Notaries, consultants, service bureaus, travel agents, or others who promise quick, easy solutions to immigration problems.
Anyone who guarantees they can get you a visa for a certain fee.
Lawyers from other countries who do not know U.S. laws and are not licensed to practice in the U.S. :)
People who say the "know someone" who has an "inside track" or anyone who wants money to influence or bribe.
Be wary of unlicensed operators! They are not accountable to anyone. They are known for taking people's money and doing nothing. Or worse, they may lie to the government in your name for a quick, simple solution that in the end may result in your deportation or permanent exclusion from the U.S. ;)
If you are not sure whether the person offering you immigration services is a lawyer or an accredited representative, ask to see the accreditation letters or U.S. bar admission certificate. If you are still not sure, call the State Bar Association. Remember, in the United States it is illegal to practice law without a license.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lazerthegreat said:
What are you talking about man? I did it successfully only few months back... :D
it depends what you are sueing for. if you sue for GC which you were waiting for 10 -15 yrs it makes sence .
but if your client visited COP with a GC based on asylum and if he was denied on citizinship interview . you cant sue them . they will dismiss your case . unless if you have really strong evidence or group of people who would justify your clients visit and renewal of national passport.

wantmygcnow said:
Thankful is one of the most respectful member of this board. You can label me as a goon but Thankful is an actual practising attorney..

What he said about revoking asylum without a judge is correct. Read the law book. If you got your asylum through a judge its a different story.

I will take the words of Thankful over any self-styled immigration court workers any time. Why? Because he can deliver results. Last year I needed a Refugee Travel Document immediately to see a dying relative overseas. The lawyers I found off the yellow pages told me that they could not help. But Thankful was able to put me in touch with a senior immigration officer at NSC who helped me out. So I can vouch that Thankful is the real deal. He is intimiately familiar with the immigration process, as his posts over the years show. And he also has many USCIS contacts having worked in this field.

wantmygcnow said:

How is different if I got my asylum through a judge?

Fun with destiny

What on earth are you talking about? Did you forget to take your meds?

Let me give you a dare: please report me to your lawyer. Tell him I want to kick his ass!

You are one hell of a job!

SINNERSROOM said:
if i report you to that lawyer you will be injailed .so watch your mouth.

TortFeasor said:
What on earth are you talking about? Did you forget to take your meds?

Let me give you a dare: please report me to your lawyer. Tell him I want to kick his ass!

You are one hell of a job!
my friend you are risking with your own ass. your ass can be in big demand in jail .and and you can sue justice system ,immigration or whoever u want to prove your legal rights or virginity:)

I want to prove you right

I cannot wait to be a jail bird and make $$ from my ass! So let me help you with that, send me your lawyer's number by PM. I will call him and report myself. In the alternative, ask him to file for a subpoena to get my records from this Forum and I will voluntarily report to him. Either way, I will give you $1,000. Easy money, go do it buddy.

SINNERSROOM said:
my friend you are risking with your own ass. your ass can be in big demand in jail .and and you can sue justice system ,immigration or whoever u want to prove your legal rights or virginity:)

lookingforgreen said:
Fact Sheet USCIS Traveling Outside Published Today Dec 27/06

Hopefully will help us about our endlees question about Perm Res who obtained status throug asylum.

This announcement is not even worth the paper that's written on! It did not bring anything new, the question still remains, what if the situation has changed in the COP? (i.e. new government). By the same logic, if that happens, those who are in the US as PR should have their PR status revoked and sent back to their COP!

bringslite said:
This announcement is not even worth the paper that's written on! It did not bring anything new, the question still remains, what if the situation has changed in the COP? (i.e. new government). By the same logic, if that happens, those who are in the US as PR should have their PR status revoked and sent back to their COP!

Every situation is unique. You could be persecuted by race, religion,member of a political party etc....If situation changes in COP, it doesn't mean you are NOT persecuted any more. An officer/judge looked at your situation, you proved once, the law is correct, you shouldn't be put on trial on and on again.

This fact sheet says IF you voluntarily decide to go back to COP, it would mean that YOU claim that you are NOT persecuted any more.
If USCIS decides to re-judge you based on you visiting COP, you would have to prove that you are still persecuted & your visit was valid or not.

Many people can go and visit a sick family member for instance & claim that they took the RISK but had to see a sick/dying family member. I feel in front of USCIS, humanitarian reasons are valid..

But in the end, its all based on USCIS & if they feel that they were cheated, they have full rights to ask for more details...

I feel we go through LOT of scrutiny to win asylum..Background checks, officer interviews, judges etc....It is very rare that USCIS opens up your case UNLESS its very obvious that you intended to fool them..for instance winning asylum and then running for Chief of staff of the same party you said persecuted you...things like that.

This fact sheet was written by an officer who didn't see the whole picture...He went by what says in the LAW book for ASYLEES/Refugees/. There is a thing called rule overtaking another rule..For instance, you were an asylee but still get the benefits(a RTD) of being an asylee HOWEVER being a Permanent REsident, you are treated as a Permanent REsident meaning you do not need a RTD to travel.

If they had looked at the entire picture,maybe this would have solved the confusion.

Success returning to US from COP for GC holders

Forum Participants,

Is there anyone who knows of any recent (last holiday season) stories of either success or defeat while returning from a COP for GC holders former asylees. Please include whether they were AS6, AS7 or AS8. Also, please if anybody can answer this: How does the cancelation of asylee status differ depending on whether the asylum was obtained from the initial interview with the USCIS officer or with a immigration judge? (if USCIS decides to review whether or not the asylee still meets the conditions to be considered as such) Finally, sounds like whether or not you will be questioned depends on the Costumes Border officer at the airport. Any suggestions which airport may have a reputation for being "inquisitive"?

Thanks

short history of returning to COP issue.

' anybody know if I can visit my COP after adjust my status to LPR?'

*forum member "No, you risk to be deported ..I heard about someone deported behind that"
*forum member " you can do it long you have the necessary documentation for your emergency trip"
*forum member " even without paperwork supporting your visit ..you able to travel freely remember you are no longer asylee you are LPR now."
*forum member " No you risk to be deported !!!"