Filing for GC for My mother....

Folks,
I did not post the question with the intention of doing something wrong, I had no intentions to trick the system. I had heard that folks file for GC for parents when parents are on visitor visa. Thank you all for clarifying. So what i am hearing is, it is best to do GC for parents through consular processing. Is that correct, in that case is there a link/article explaining the steps involved.

Thank you all once again.

Folks,
I did not post the question with the intention of doing something wrong, I had no intentions to trick the system. I had heard that folks file for GC for parents when parents are on visitor visa. Thank you all for clarifying. So what i am hearing is, it is best to do GC for parents through consular processing. Is that correct, in that case is there a link/article explaining the steps involved.

Thank you all once again.

Did you read the 2nd sticky on this Forum titled GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source???

I think PraetorianXI is talking about anybody at any time not being eligible for GC even if you already had B1/B2 visa or for that matter any other visa. I find that ridiculous. That would mean that the whole process of Adjustment of Status is illegal. What a rubbish !!!!:D:D:D

It is not about elegibility. It is about how you are admitted into the US at the POE with a visitor visa.
If you already have the intent to stay and then have a relative of yours filing for a GC, then it is fraud.
How can USCIS tell about your intent? It is the applicant's responsibility to prove that his/her intent was not to stay. If his/her explanation is found satisfactory, then USCIS lets the applicant adjust his/her status, otherwise I-485 gets denied.

Having said that, I'm sure many B visa holders genuinely change their intent after getting admitted. But I'm also sure that many trick the system, causing consequences we all know.

No need to lecture, There is always someone with twisted intentions that go undetected by the system. You are not going to stop them with your opinion. By the way PraetorianXI and CONCERNED4US, now you need two identities to make your point?

Last edited by a moderator: