February New Delhi Interview Thread/ Tracker

Travel Agents for Delhi

I am looking to hold seats for Delhi. Appreciate if you may refer some good and reliable Travel agent.
Thanks

Please see clarification, print and take it with you for interview regarding PCC

:
                              "DELHI POLICE"
                         Date:
                              2002/01/07 Mon PM 02:19:48 CST
                           To:
Subject:
                              Re: Police Clearance Certificate

sir,
                                 the PCC is issued by the Passport Issuing Authority in India and
                       in case the applicant residing out of India the same is issued by the Indian
                       High Commission where the applicant is residing.
                                              regards
                                                  delhi police

reg PCC

I went to the Indian Consulate in DC for PCC and they charged $20 Fees + $20 Telex charges and was asked to check back with them in 30-45 days.

are you sure?

I went to the consulate this morning and they charged me $20 + $20 for the PCC. Please let me know how much you were charged. Want to make sure that I paid for the correct service. Thanks!

Punit Bhargava

My PIII was received on Dec 1st and entered on Dec 8th. I called on 3rd Jan. First I have got a Lady who insisted that it will take 2 months and I should call on 8th Feb and will have a march date! But then on insisting and with reasoning about dates of some other people she gave to some gentelmen and he told that mostly my date will be in Feb around 8th-15th Feb. And asked me to call on 2nd week/3rd week of Jan. But then I called today and got the same lady who asked me to call in end of Jan!

What shit man... Punit Bhargava, harry001

Punit try calling tonight.

I am not calling tonight. Will wait until tommorrow evening or maybe Thursday evening. My conversation was very straight and very precise. No confusion. In fact I hardly spoke, just listened to him once he verified to make sure I was the one calling. I can\'t believe this is going on. Maybe they just hired a new person to manage the phones who is clueless about things.

Anyways guys please update. Do people know when they will have the dates on their webpage. It does say all interview dates are decided by the 10th of Feb.

I called today..

I already called today and that\'s when I got this lady, who was pissed like hell and told that I should call end of Jan! Also when did they enter your info into the system?

Called New Delhi Last Night

Talked to a lady and she informed me that my case has not been received by Delhi. It was sent by the NVC on Nov 27th. Is this normal ? NVC says they will intiate a trace and to call back after 10 days. They also said the trace is only good till DC after which it goes diplomatic pouch. The lady at the embassy mentioned they are working on NWD200175XXXX series and my case is NWD200179XXXX series.

guys mine is NWD200175XXXX series .So she might be correct.

THOU THERE MIGHT BE A FEW FRM 75 AND REST HIGHER UPWARDS

My PKT III

I sent my PKTIII on Dec 8th, 2001. I called soon after and Delhi said it makes no difference when I send my pkt 3, they have to receive the case first from NVC then they will look for my pkt 3. She simply told me to resend the packet 3 after I confirmed that Delhi has received the case from the NVC.

Called ND yesterday

My case is similar to you Harry. PIII entered 12/28...they asked me to call around 20th of Jan. I still think i may get late Feb date.
Do you have any updates?

Got the PCCs from Houston Consulate

Folks,
I received the PCC for me and my wife from Houston Consulate this morning. It took 10 days for me and 30 days for my wife. My passport was issued at Chicago and my wife\'s passport was issued at Luknow.
A step closer to GC....
Cheers.

Green card photos question

Folks,
Does anyone know if the green card photographs taken in the US would be accepted in New Delhi? Me and my wife got the photographs a couple of months back here in US.
Thanks in advance.

No Title

If the photographs taken match the specifications as reqd by New Delhi Consulate then it does not matter where they were taken. My friend had his photos clicked in US and they were accepted by Delhi Consulate. You get the specifactions of photographs in your appointment letter in packet 1V