February New Delhi Interview Thread/ Tracker

mine is mukuljain@yahoo.com

I hand-deliverd my Pkt 3 on Dec. 7, and it was entered in the system the same day (as I was told later when I called in 3rd week of Dec). Been trying to call the Consulate for Interview date, no success yet.
- Mukul

Registration Fee

As effective Jan 14 we need draft issued by Delhi Branch to "American Embassy New Delhi" in the ammount of Rs 12480 for Application and Rs. 3120 for issuance.
We may pay it cash USD or draft
Also some Jan CPer email. Sanjoo28@hotmail.com
aneetgc@yahoo.com

on the same page

My p3 was also entered on the same dat Dec26th....and was responded the same thing by may be the same lady ..to call jan last wek or fb 1st week....

i am assuming for us it should be 3-4 the week of feb or march beginning....

keep me posted

thanks

Probable interview in March

Hi Guys! spoke to Chitra...i\'m not in the Feb list..Case sreated at Consulate on Dec 28. I was hoping against hope to get Feb date...
Probable March guys, pls keep in touch cos\' there won\'t be many people for March, since NVC has changed the whole process...
Good Luck to all the friends...Feb CPers... :)

I am also in the same boat.

Asked to call back 2 nd week of Feb. When I asked about the cut off date. She said they received more applications than expected for Feb.

she said case created on 12/04/2001 : told me call in 3rd week of jan precisely

i did ask her if all feb dates has been assigned .she said its still being assigned

Chuck, did u get your interview date?

Hey,
   Did you get your interview date, yet? If yes then when did you call them? They told me to expect an early feb date, but I haven\'t called them yet and I am getting nervous as the time is coming closer. I am planning to call them, tonight, although they asked me to call them Jan 15th. But this is such a short time to know, right?!

Please write back,
Sonu

Case Created on 12/07/01 -

Was told to call in last week. I inquired if they have assigned dates for Feb, and the person kept telling me that it takes couple of months from the day they enter it in the system. I tried reasoning that all the dates must be assigned at the same time, and if they are done for Feb then I will assume I have it in March, but he insisted that it is not so, and I could have Feb. interview, should inquire by end of this month.
- Mukul

i called 4198374 and the guys replied the same after consulting with someone

looked like new to the enquiry for immigration .later called up to be picked up by chitra at 4198062 and got the reply last posted.don\'t know whats up with delhi .

Sonu

No. I was not given a date. I started calling around 11:25 PM, got thru around 3:30 AM. After reading posts from Mukul and ME2GC, I myself am confused now. If someone can talk to Swamy, I think he can give us the clear picture.

Guyz, my case was created on 12/6

Chitra told me to call by Jan 15 to inquire about my interview date.
She said to expect a Feb 6 interview date. So I would advise you all to call my Mid Jan, as well, rather than waiting till the end of this month. Besides by mid jan the dates come up on the Embassy Home page as well.
So, everyone is in the same boat.. Don\'t know when there date is?

Folks, need some info on CP at New Delhi.

Dear All,

My labor is still going on in Boston DOL. Hope it
        resolves soon.

I understand at the time of I140 filing I need to disclose
        whether I am opting for CP.

For a timeline assuming, I file for I140 end of January,
        what is the expected date (these days) to get an interview
        date at New Delhi Embassy.

Thankyou all for your input.

Best Regards,
gcseeker02

P.S: Any suggestions ?

Jeezz!! what a mess at US Embassy in Delhi

I hope Swami is there on Wed, so that we can get the matter sorted out. I\'d appreciate if we all can post the info ASAP after talking to the consulate, as it\'ll give others a sense of direction things are taking.
BTW Chitra told me that I should call in Jan end and I assumed I\'m not in Feb but March lot as my case was created in Dec 28. I was myself wondering how come Delhi staff came up with date so early inspite of holiday season...Dec dates were released on Nov 15 and Jan dates were out on Dec 11.
Thanks and Good Luck...

I will call tonight

I will call tonight and post what happened tomorrow. Anyone else who calls plz let all know how it goes.

Thanks,
Sonu

Re: Jeezz!! what a mess at US Embassy in Delhi

I spoke to a "he". He came across as very clear, precise and helpful. Asked me my case #, verified my name and told me that I had been assigned so and so date in Feb. Also said my pkt. 4 has been mailed. When I said I haven\'t received it, this person said send someone to the information window at 2:00pm to get it. So I didn\'t get any hint of confusion. Maybe I should also try calling again.

Also this person had a Southie accent. So I thought I was speaking to Swamy himself.

Date assignments can vary depending on when things like name check complete.