February 2007 Filing Thread

Hey yr2007 my DO is also Los Angeles, do you think we can get together (email, MSN or AOL) and just give me some brief details on your case and how they treated you at LA? Thanks buddy and congrats!!!!

my email is espoman@gmail.com

I promised to share interview experience, so here it is:
We prepared a portfolio with copies of the application and supporting documents (joint bank acct, insurance, lease, photos etc), and reviewed them before going. The appointment was at 12.25pm and we arrived at noon. Once we checked-in, there was no wait at all, to my surprise. The officer looked stern, but was approachable subsequently. He asked me, the applicant, most of the questions. Only basic info on the forms were asked, like what is my name, my father's name, address, and review the criminal record questions. He told us to give 3 evidences among all that we brought, and to see originals of marriage cert, birth cert... and woohoo, approved. I did not get the stamp, and was asked to wait for the card to arrive. (I am canadian citizen first came as F-1, see signiture for more details)

So in and out in about 15 minutes. I'm glad it went smoothly.

MY interview got approved today! Thanks to everyone and their support. Also thanks to this site I couldn't do it without this forum! Good luck to the rest. Will be posting my experience later.

Congrats on the approval.

My interview is tomorrow afternoon. I too will update the forum over the weekend.

Congratulations

MY interview got approved today! Thanks to everyone and their support. Also thanks to this site I couldn't do it without this forum! Good luck to the rest. Will be posting my experience later.

Congratulations on getting approved. Has your name check been cleared? I had the interview on 04/23/007 but they said that the name check is not complete and so the I-130 is approved but the interviewer said she cannot give the GC as yet. Anyone else in the same situation with the February filing?

Thanks
stbg

Anybody with ND Feb Last week received EAD.

Following are my timelines
DO Office :Washinton DC
RD: 02/16/07
ND: 02/23/07
Biometerics: 03/20/07
No updates since 03/21/07
EAD: ?
Interview: ?

Congratulations on getting approved. Has your name check been cleared? I had the interview on 04/23/007 but they said that the name check is not complete and so the I-130 is approved but the interviewer said she cannot give the GC as yet. Anyone else in the same situation with the February filing?

Thanks
stbg

Yes my name check cleared already. I got an email today welcoming the new permanent resident! FOr your case, you just have to wait for your name to clear.

Congrats on the update..

Am glad for you. I guess I just have to wait for the name check to be cleared. Enjoy the GC.
:)

Thanks
stbg

She did not have a great idea of the time

Were you able to ask the IO an approximate time to how long name check will clear?

She just went on to say that if I got it before November (which would be before 2 years of our marriage), then I would get a conditional GC else it would be a 10 year/ unconditional GC. Since she was talking abt timelines like the end of this year, I guess its anybody's guess when it will get cleared. She also told me that my last name was a very common one and that she herself had interviewed a few people with my same last name in the last few weeks or so. So, she was giving the impression that it might take a long time to get it cleared. :-(

Waiting....

She just went on to say that if I got it before November (which would be before 2 years of our marriage), then I would get a conditional GC else it would be a 10 year/ unconditional GC. Since she was talking abt timelines like the end of this year, I guess its anybody's guess when it will get cleared. She also told me that my last name was a very common one and that she herself had interviewed a few people with my same last name in the last few weeks or so. So, she was giving the impression that it might take a long time to get it cleared. :-(

Waiting....

Just keep your hopes up.

I live just outside Philadelphia and was married in NJ earlier this year, so filed unfortunately did not know what was wanted initially.. i filed hesitantly and now I am paying for it..as I had to RFE.. what a jerk i was :(
------------------------------------------------------------------------
DO: Philadelphia

02/17/2007 filed 1-130 & I-485
02/20/2007 received by CIS
03/01/2007 Notice Date (Reciept notice) - next step Biometrics
03/05/2007 Notice Date - Biometrics appointment
03/22/2007 Biometrics taken in downtown Philadelphia
03/13/2007 Request for Initial Evidence (I-485): Wanted : i-864 & i-693 - Case processing stopped
04/19/2007 Mailed I-864 & I-693 & I-765 (EAD)
04/24/2007 Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed

hey everyone, my interview was today. everything took about 15 minutes. Only 2 questions asked, (when did you get married, and have lived together since your marriage). Didnt even ask for joint bills, didnt ask how we met, nothing at all. Barely even 10 minutes wait before we were seen, overall, the whole process took 30 minutes or so. Approved pending name check. Lets hope name check is quick.

hey everyone, my interview was today. everything took about 15 minutes. Only 2 questions asked, (when did you get married, and have lived together since your marriage). Didnt even ask for joint bills, didnt ask how we met, nothing at all. Barely even 10 minutes wait before we were seen, overall, the whole process took 30 minutes or so. Approved pending name check. Lets hope name check is quick.

early congratulations. Now it just the waiting game.

Anyone from SC?

Hello everyone, new on this forum. Anyone else with DO and timeline they're willing to share?

Last edited by a moderator: