February 2007 Filing Thread

got one of the famious email from cris stating that one of our i-765 was approved. still havae to wait for the other one that they have not touched yet from the 13 of march

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do some people get 10 yr green cards, and yet others get a two year one? Whats the main difference / conditions attached with these cards?

early congratulations. Now it just the waiting game.

hey lexis, congrats to you as well.

I did ask the IO how long the name check takes. He said he had no idea. it could be a month or a year. They do check every week, he said, so i will be checking my status every weekend or so.

He did also say that there is no a real queue as in you're 5th in line, or you're next, it can happen at any time.

I had my interview today in Charlotte, NC.

We arrived at 8:20am was seated a in big room with chairs and a television. I was called in at 9:09am and was out at 9:19am. The IO was very nice. I got the I-551 stamp in my passport. I'm so happy it's over with, in a few years I can file for my citizenship. I'd like to thank everyone for their support:)

I had my interview today in Charlotte, NC.

We arrived at 8:20am was seated a in big room with chairs and a television. I was called in at 9:09am and was out at 9:19am. The IO was very nice. I got the I-155 stamp in my passport. I'm so happy it's over with, in a few years I can file for my citizenship. I'd like to thank everyone for their support:)

Congrats, Iyana76! I sure hope my Charlotte experience goes as smoothly as yours. Good luck with everything down the road!

Thank you UmpLoop

Congrats, Iyana76! I sure hope my Charlotte experience goes as smoothly as yours. Good luck with everything down the road!

Thank you UmpLoop,

I wish you the best with your interview and all your endeavors. The Charlotte office is very laid back be sure to have all your documents in order. Once again thank you:)

AOS Approved

We had interview at 10:30 AM and approved after a short while.
No crazy cross questions! He said card will arrive in two weeks.

Officer asked copies of 2006 tax return, W2, employment verification, I-20, son's birth certificate.

Thanks for everyones support and good luck for all waiting applicants.

----------------------
Family based category.
DO: San Francisco, CA
I-485, I-130 mailed to Chicago Lockbox on 02/08/2007
RD: 02/11/2007
ND: 02/14/2007
Bio Notice Received: 02/23/2007
Bio Appointment: 03/06/2007 @ SF
Interview NOA 03/06/2007: (mailed on 03/07/2007) Received 03/13/2007
Interview Date: 04/30/2007 at 10:30 AM @ San Francisco, CA

LUD I-485: 04/11/2007
LUD I-130: 04/11/2007

Anyone already received Card in mail yet? Got email notification saying card had been ordered on 04/25. But haven't received it

Do I need to worry. I have no Updates on my case from 03/21/07
No interview letter, No EAD... Anyone in similar position

Following are my timelines
DO Office :Washinton DC
RD: 02/16/07
ND: 02/23/07
Biometerics: 03/20/07
No updates since 03/21/07
EAD: ?
Interview: ?

Washington/Fairfax DO..

Heard that is the slowest in the country....I am in the same boat.
Since it is for parents I heard they may transfer to CSC. Keeping fingers crossed.

Is yours spouse based?

February filing: EAD approved at NBC / MSC

Hi all,

just to add info, I got my EAD approved yesterday. Now waiting for interview letter...

Good luck everyone.

Schnieker

anyone being mentioned name check on interview ?

My interview is pretty fast, 67 days after case received.
But officer said name check is not cleared yet from FBI.....

...... prey not getting stuck in name check:(
anyone has this experience ?

All files mailed(485, 130, 131, 765): 2/20/2007
received NOA: 3/1/2007
Finger Print: 3/14/2007
Interview: 4/27/2007 (went well, told 'approvable', but waiting for name check)
I-130 approved: 4/27/2007

AP: ?
GC Approved: ??

My timeline is almost same on everything, same boat of name checking

hey everyone, my interview was today. everything took about 15 minutes. Only 2 questions asked, (when did you get married, and have lived together since your marriage). Didnt even ask for joint bills, didnt ask how we met, nothing at all. Barely even 10 minutes wait before we were seen, overall, the whole process took 30 minutes or so. Approved pending name check. Lets hope name check is quick.

we have same receive day, same NOA, same interview day and some result: name check.

where is your interview place ?

mine is Harlingen, TX, IO is a big guy, with his own pencil drawing potrait on the wall.

DC just seems slow

Kumar77,
we have friends who filed their AOS case in DC in early March and still have not heard - got the FP done in late March, but no word since. It's probably that DC is just slower (although it seems that still within the "official" timelines). I know it must be a pain when you see people get interview invites left and right, but I don't think that alone should make you worry about your case... Good luck - I'll post if our friends have any updates.

Do I need to worry. I have no Updates on my case from 03/21/07
No interview letter, No EAD... Anyone in similar position

got another email from cris stating that they mailed out my new EAD card, and my mother's was updated today. can't wait to be a three and a half income family.

we have same receive day, same NOA, same interview day and some result: name check.

where is your interview place ?

mine is Harlingen, TX, IO is a big guy, with his own pencil drawing potrait on the wall.

my DO is Saint Paul, MN

Thanks Greenbean.

Finally I765 Got updated today 05/02/07..

Mexa in MN how did your interview on 04/27 go? Please post the types of questions asked, and how it all went. I filled my papers at about the same date as you 02/20/07 did the fingerprints, but no interview yet as I had an RFE. i supplied everything, now I am waiting to hear from them.