February 2007 Filing Thread

Mexa in MN how did your interview on 04/27 go? Please post the types of questions asked, and how it all went. I filled my papers at about the same date as you 02/20/07 did the fingerprints, but no interview yet as I had an RFE. i supplied everything, now I am waiting to hear from them.

Go back a few posts, i did post the experience.

i showed up about 20 minutes before my appointment. I was seen about 10 minutes before my posted time. he asked 2 questions about the marriage: wedding date and whether we lived together since the marriage. that's it. He asked a few more questions about my status, as i've been here a few different classifications. Altogether, the interviewer was polite and the interview took maybe 15 minutes, tops. Approved pending name check.

Last edited by a moderator:
Approval - yay!

I got my stamp in my passport. I had my interview this morning at Buffalo. We were there at 8.45 - security took about 10 minutes, made sure we had no sharp objects, cellphones, anything in pockets, guns(!) etc. Went through to an empty waiting room and signed in. We got called in about 5 minutes later. Adjudicating officer was extremely nice, pretty much told us off the bat that I was approved. She said my file was very big - I had photocopies of three passports. She said we really only need photocopies of the current passport.

She checked my medical examination and the affidavit. Asked our address, if it was a home and if the gc could be mailed there. She said she was sure we had photos of our wedding - we did, and we showed them to her but I got the impression she was just looking to be polite. She checked my passport (asked my husband if he had one but didn't look at his) and then took out the I-94. She stamped the passport and told me I am free to work and travel from today on. The stamp is valid for a year and my gc is conditional because we haven't yet been married for 2 years. 90 days before the end of the 2 years we have to file form I-751.

That was it - no hard questions - a really pleasant experience. We were in our car at 9.30. I'm so happy to be free of all visas for ever more.

She said the gc should come in the mail in about 2-3 weeks (she said MSC is fast).

Thanks to everyone for their support and good luck!:) :)

Ead

I am one of the name stuck people who had file 485 in Novemebr 2005.
I applied for renewal EAD and AP on February 6th.
LUD on both March 9th.
Interesting enough most of the people who filed for EAD and AP around that time seem to have already received their cards.
Is there anyone who has not received their EAD and AP documents after 90 days of filing.
I did not have any RFE. My first EAD will expire in July 2007.
Does this expiration date affect the issuance of new EAD?
Resposnsed are welcome.:rolleyes:

great forum.
see my signature below. I am sponsoring my spouse.
I am a USC.I understand that both of us need to be present at the interview but is it possible to serve as an interpreter for my spouse at the same time.
Thanks
04/26/07 Interview notce date ( for 06/11/07 at Garden City ) )

I got AP and EAD in 10 days after Interview

I got this email said my AP letter been mailed on 5.2 and EAD was ordered 5.7

But I am pretty sure that I am stuck in Name Check now....

those of you get clear of the name check AFTER interview will be very appreciated for giving a info

2/20 file all 485 130 131 765
3/17 Finger Print
4/27 Interview (but name check pending....)
5/2 AP approved
5/7 EAD ordered

Did any one receive actual card ?

Had interview on Apr 30th and we were told that we should receive the card in less than 2 weeks period.

Got LUD on my I-130, but I-485 hasn't been touched since March 11. I wonder if it's a good thing...

the same here

plus, no interview letter received yet. :(

I think we are in the same DO (Pittsburgh) and have almost exactly the same timeline. I'm still waiting for the interview letter too. Please let me know if you hear anything..I'll do the same. I plan to make an appointment with INFOPASS if no interview noticed by the end of the month. Thanks!

Having seen that quite a lot of people who applied in February have received their interview notices already (some even have had their interviews!) and having experienced problems with my mailperson in the past (our mail going to other apartments; other people's mail coming to ours...), I decided to call the USCIS today to make sure that they haven't sent my interview notice which simply has gotten lost.

First of all, I must admit that I was completely thrown off by how nice the lady on the phone was. Wow! That's nothing like my previous experiences with the (mis)information line!

However, unfortunately, I didn't really find out anything. She basically just read to me what I can see for myself when I check my case status on-line. Don't you think that it's retarded that you don't get an update on-line (or at least an LUD change) when they send you the appointment letter? That would save me so much grief and disappointment at the mailbox everyday... :rolleyes:

Question for those who passed the I485 interview

Hi there,

Did the IO take away your I-94 and stamp your passport? My husband has his interview this morning. It went pretty smoothly. At the end we were told everything looked fine and no further information was needed. The IO said we should be receiving (did not specify any) in the mail. She did not remove the I-94 or stamp his passport. What does it mean?

Thanks.

Timeline:
Mailed package to Chicago LB on 2/22/07
Interviewed on 5/8/07
SF district office

I think we are in the same DO (Pittsburgh) and have almost exactly the same timeline. I'm still waiting for the interview letter too. Please let me know if you hear anything..I'll do the same. I plan to make an appointment with INFOPASS if no interview noticed by the end of the month. Thanks!

sure, will keep you updated as long as i get anything from them. I mean ANYTHING. :rolleyes:

I've just received an e-mail stating that an approval notice for I-131 was mailed to me and that I should follow the instructions on the notice. I have no way of checking my mail for a week. Does anyone know whether the approval notice contains some sort of reply deadline or any other information that requires urgent action on my part? BTW, I do not intend to travel internationally anytime soon.

New guy in this group

Hi All!!

I recently found this website and this thread. This is very helpful.

Please find my status below...

--------------------------------
H1B visa married to USC
DO: Philadelphia, PA
-----------
02/19/2007 - Mailed I-485, I-765, I-130
02/27/2007 - Receipt Notices for I-485, I-765, I-130
02/27/2007 - FP Notice
03/08/2007 - RFE Notice:eek:
03/15/2007 - FP appointment - Biometrics Done
04/09/2007 - RFE answered
04/17/2007 - LUD I-485 - Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed
05/08/2007 - EAD card production ordered :)
05/11/2007 - I-765 approval notice sent :)
05/14/2007 - Expecting EAD card by mail?????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All!!

03/08/2007 - RFE Notice:eek:

YE Big Dawg, what was your RFE for? By the way you did a great thing by applying for an AED at the same time as your initial filing. I did not. Hey let us know when you recieve notice for your interview. I think that should happen in May for us people who live in Philadelphia.

:cool: philly sport teams suck :D