February 2003 I140/I484 concurrent Filers - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: phone no to find status

Originally posted by GIVEME_VALABOR
what is the phone no to find automated status of cases ?
802-527-4913
But call before or after the regular business hours.

Hey, Bobroh

My paralegal said that they already got the approval notice of I140, and I am not supposed to get it myself.

Originally posted by bobroh
Congrats eyeonGC!

I was looking spreadsheet, have you/lawyer received approved I-140 document?

Thanks

Bobroh

FP Update

The Case Status online System shows that they have 'resumed' processing of my case.

"Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On May 7, 2003, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

So does it mean that after issuing the FP notice, BCIS waits till the FP is done and doesn't move your case? So against popular belief, won't it be a good idea to finish your FP faster for people who are awaiting their EAD and AP??

Cheers
dyno

Last edited by a moderator:
re: FP update

Not really Dyno...

'cas your EAD and AP are considered as different entities, BCIS is providing EAD for us as our I-485 approval is pending with the particular service center. As far as I know FP doesn't stop the processing of either EAD or AP.

Infact my Solicitor advised me not to apply for EAD/AP if I am having a valid H1B visa, unless I am planning to change my employer after 6 months of my I-485 reciept date.. So I ended up not applying for EAD/AP (which might increase the paper work for my A#)

Just my thoughts...

Cheers
Myself...

FP Update
The Case Status online System shows that they have 'resumed' processing of my case.

"Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On May 7, 2003, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

So does it mean that after issuing the FP notice, BCIS waits till the FP is done and doesn't move your case? So against popular belief, won't it be a good idea to finish your FP faster for people who are awaiting their EAD and AP??

EAD approved & FP done

Dear all,

I just got my EAD approved.

Special thanks to helper_12 and Dynobouy!!!!!
I have done the FP in advance with no problem in Boston.

Went on Saturday as Helper_12 recommended and did the whole thing in less than 15 minutes.

I just did it in advace cause the appointment date was inconvenient.

Thank for all the information that you post guys, keep it flowing, knowledge on your case will help others.

Best luck to all of us,

Viko

got rfee for photos

Guys i got RFE for new photos and i sent them. Ins received on apr 22nd. How long it is taking to get EAD after Rfe?

Any experiences please share

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys -
Is FP required to be completed before they will issue an EAD/ AP? I'm confused by the sequence, please share any info you have. Thanks!

Originally posted by arbee
Guys -
Is FP required to be completed before they will issue an EAD/ AP? I'm confused by the sequence, please share any info you have. Thanks!
Apparently not. My EAD / AP were approved before I did FP.

Question

EAD and AD approved for both my husband and me from online status checking. Both my husband and I have done FP.

I-485 online status says following for me, and it is as the same as they sent out the receipt and it has no change after I have done FT. I am the main applicant.
"Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on March 28, 2003. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

I-485 online status says following for husband.
"On May 6, 2003, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

Does anyone know why they are different? What is the difference?

Does anyone know how risky if I go back to my home country visit with the AP without waiting for the approval of the I-140?

Please respond. Thanks in advance for the response.

Hi dynobuoy

EAD first and then after getting EAD card and approval notice in hand you can apply for her SSN.

Nowadays SSN is issued only for people who are eligible to work

EAD card /Approval Notice

On May 2nd the website showed a message "we ordered a new card and will be mailed to you when it is ready....."

today the website says
"this case has been approved ,on may14th, approval notice has been sent to you..if 14 days..."

do they send the EAD approval notice and card together in one mail.. ?

thanks.

I called the Vermont Centre today and they told me that they are now processing cases filed on Sept 11th , 2002 for I140 under EB3.

Nice update.Did they sound if the processing would be any faster ?

Originally posted by DOLDelay
I called the Vermont Centre today and they told me that they are now processing cases filed on Sept 11th , 2002 for I140 under EB3.

No . They didnt sound like that....But , one suggestion is that one of us from this forum (on a rotation basis) can check with BCIS by calling up the Vermont centre about the current processing dates for I140. This should be done once every week....

AOS vs. Current Visa Status

Hi All,

My wife and I filed 140/485 concurrently and both 140 and 485 are still pending for approval.

My wife currently holds F-1 visa as full-time registered grad student. Recently, she received a notice from school for I-20 renewal process due to the policy change of BCIS, but was told that she might not be able to get her I-20 renewed because of her 485 application.

I wonder if anyone on this board would be kind to provide some idea or information resources on how BCIS deals with people with request to renew non-immigration document while in the transition period for immigration document approval.

Would such people be considered as immigrants ('cuz they may use EAD/AP to work and travel) or non-immigrants ('cuz they still have F-1/H1-B status on file and 140/485 is still pending)?

Thank you.

F1 and H1 are totally different types of visas. F1 is purely non-immigrant visa. On the other hand H1 is dual intent visa meaning which when H1 and AOS (485) status can co-exist. But not F1 and AOS. H and L visa enjoy this privilege.

In other words when you are applying for F1 visa you are telling you do not have intention of Immigration, But by applying for I-485 you are saying you want to immigrate.

Talk to Attorney.

I140 approved

Got approved on May 15.
EAD approved
Finger Printing done.
Only I485 remaining can not believe luck.
Lord Ganesha is great.
I wish best luck to every one here.
Paresh

Status
Not open for further replies.