February 2003 I140/I484 concurrent Filers - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update

Hi Paresh

Congratulations on your I140 approval. You are very lucky and wish you more luck for your 485. Is the I140 application date correct on the update sheet?

Hi all

My EAD status reads "On May 14, 2003, after approving your application, we ordered a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready." Can somebody tell me how long it takes to receive the EAD card?

Regards
dyno

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 1140 approved

Paresh.

Congratulations on your approval !!

Your case seems to buck the trend .. since u seem to have gotten your I140 approved 15 days after your EAD was approved. Can you please confirm that your EAD approval date is 042903 and your I140 approval date is 051503 ?

thanks
mman1234

EADs and APs

Hey Guys,

I called up INS today, they said they are processing EADs and APs received on March 17th. They are even telling you if they received the FPs and if they are OK.

I got a second FP notice and my lawyer scared me saying that I got them because I went in advance for FPs. That is not at all true! I verified that with this lady at INS.

Good luck guys!

Re: EADs and APs

Then OK what? does you mean that they can approve AD, EAD or I140?
-->They are even telling you if they received the FPs and if they are OK.

Hi dunobuoy

You will soon get status that the card has been mailed .
It takes 4 days after that to get it in hand.
From date of approval, it took 12 days for me to get card

Received ead card/140 approval notice

Received ead card by mail, approved may 2nd, received may 16th.

Also received I140 approval notice with initial filing copy from lawyer.... i guess now its just sitting time in the 485 pool..

I140 approved

My I140 approved!

Mail date: Feb 20, 2003 (EB2 concurent filing)
Got RFE about "abillity to pay" in mid April, my attorney replied with my W2, online shows approved today!

Good luck everyone!
smlee

FPs

What I meant by OK is: whether the FPs came out OK or do we need to go for a FP again. My friend was asked to go 6 times as his fingers doesn't have good lines, :confused: . This is a rare case though!

Update

Update!

I got my AP approved today. :)

I got my EAD approved on May 14, the online status still says that they have ordered a new card. Can you please tell me how long does it take for me to receive the card. I am a bit concerned as I will be travelling to my country on June 5th! Keeping my fingers crossed to get it by then.

Also for those of u guys who got ur I140, how many days did it take for 140 approval after receiving the EAD? Are they both related at all?

Regards
dyno

Here was my reply

Hi dunobuoy
EAD approved Apr 28
Internet status update April30
Card sent May 7(status was updated on internet same day)
Card got May 10
You will soon get status that the card has been mailed .
It takes 4 days after that to get it in hand.
From date of approval, it took 12 days for me to get card
Best luck
P

RE: I-140/485 concurrently Filed in Feb 2003

Filed all documents concurrently on 2/05/03

I-140/485/765 Mailed: 2/05/03
I-140/485/765 Recvd: 2/06/03
I-140 Receipt notice: 3/11/03
EAD Card Recvd: 4/24/03
FP Done: 5/15/03

No response received as yet.
Currently they are processing 9/11/02 and looking at the present situation looks like our files would be opened around Sept - Oct 2003, hope all survive thru this ....

How soon can we change jobs

Hi all,

glad to see that there are more and more I-140 approvals. One question for those concurrent filers with I-140 approve and with EAD on hand. How soon can you change jobs???????

Do you have to wait the 180 days from I485 submission or with I-140 approve we are good to go???

Thanks and all the luck.

Dear INS please keep bringing good news to this newsgroup

Viko

AC21 gray areas

AC21 rules are not that clearly specified.
Hence if one has lost job then my advice is do not worry switch if 6 months from 485.
If one has job then count from I 140 approva to be safe.
BOL
Par

Thanks pareshv75 for your advice. I concur that is the safest

What is the next step in the 485 process after FP are cleared? Notice of action, interview...????

Viko

Update - Pl respond

Hello all

My EAD I765 status reads

"This case has been approved. On May 23, 2003, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours."

Does this mean that they had mailed my EAD plastic card?

Please respond!

Regards
dyno

Status
Not open for further replies.