February 2003 I140/I484 concurrent Filers - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do we learn how I-485 is progresing

Hi guys,

Sorry for the anxienty but somebody mention that I-485 approvals are going by Jan 2002.

Where can I find that type of information?

So from now on and after I-140 approval do we have to wait for 1.5 years?? Feb03 to Ago04??

Any guestimation of when 485 will start to get approve?

EAD approved. Updated update.xls

Gusy,
Yesterday, I recieved EAD for both myself and my wife. It has been a long wait.
I had never gone for any finger printing nor did I receive any notices.

I am not an active member. But I hope my information will certainly help.

2nd notice for finger prints

Dear all,

As some of you I received a 2nd fingerprint notice but the problem is that Im on a business trip and will be a hassle and $$$ to be present at the appointment date.

I know that I can reschedule but is there anyone that solve this issue by the phone???????

where who can I call???

Thanks for your help,

Viko

3rd FP notice in 3 months

Originally posted by seshar
Recived FP notice on April 28th for FP date May 21st. Again recieved another FP notice on May 12th for FP date June 3rd. Gave the finger prints on May 21st using the 1st FP notice. The online status shows
"On May 23, 2003, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

This 2nd FP notice looks like an error in their program.

Recieved 3rd FP notice today to appear on 07/03/2003. Looks like INS is going loony.

EB3 faster than EB2

It seems for I140, EB3 got approved in a matter of 2 or 3 months, but EB2 will take up to a year. This is really unfair. What is the point for me to get a Master Degree???

Hi VikoViko

Do not worry,
Since INS does the processing of I485 on RD for I485,
I140 approvals do not matter.
I wish best of luck to everyone.
The information I got about Jan 2002 was from different sites
and forums.
But I also got info that those applied in Jan 2002 were called for FP nearly 4-5 months later while now we are called within a month.
I guess BCIS is trying to put more emphasis on security rather than work related issues and hence trying to make process smoother.
Regards
Paresh

Re: 2nd notice for finger prints

My wife and I received 2nd notice too. By contacting HR, I was advised that it was their system error and the 2nd notice could be ignored.

If I hear anything different later, I will update.

Originally posted by vikoviko
Dear all,

As some of you I received a 2nd fingerprint notice but the problem is that Im on a business trip and will be a hassle and $$$ to be present at the appointment date.

I know that I can reschedule but is there anyone that solve this issue by the phone???????

where who can I call???

Thanks for your help,

Viko

Appeared for second FP yesterday.
They gave us a letter in writing that it was a duplicate notice.
My first FP was valid for next 15 months.
It was a system error.

2nd notice for FP

Got the 2nd notice also, my attorney advised to go on with it, because BCIS could have lost some FP done before. just to be safe, I will go with the notice.

Anyone knows a number where we can call to solve the double FP appointment.

I dont like to go just to receive a paper saying that it was an error. I prefer somebody confirming that to me on the phone.

What are the VSC phone? Is that any good?

Thanks for the advice,

Viko

Got EAD atlast

Hello All,

Got EAD for me and my wife on June 15th. Dont know how long it takes for the cards to be in hand.

Went for second FP to the office and the officer said it was a mistake. Came back with out second FPs.

Good luck!

Hi helper_12

Congrats. Did you have an RFE on your I 140. If so, please post the details.

Thanks & Regards

mdu123

Try the 802-527-4913 number, not the national 1-800 number. The 802 number is usually busy, I found if you call earlier (around 8:30am) you will have a chance to get through. I did this 2 weeks ago when receiving the 2nd FP notices, waited 10 minutes on the line and spoke with an IIO. Gave her my i-485 number, she said I don't need come in for the 2nd FP. It was their computer system probelm.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by vikoviko
Anyone knows a number where we can call to solve the double FP appointment.

I dont like to go just to receive a paper saying that it was an error. I prefer somebody confirming that to me on the phone.

What are the VSC phone? Is that any good?

Thanks for the advice,

Viko

I am new to post but i am a frequent visiter of this forum. Myself and my wife got EAD's with out single FP's so far. And i do see some of them getting like that. Do any one know after getting EAD can i apply for Spouse SSN?

Good luck every one..

EAD RFE

I am new to this forum! Awesome to know about this site and you guys!! Here's the deal: I and my wife got a RFE for EAD. Online status says they have received the RFE they requested. How long does it normally take to get the written notice after BCIS receives the RFE? BCIS received our RFE's on 6/10/03.

EB3, I-140/485: VSC
RD:2/4/03
ND:3/14/03
AD (I-140 only): 2/27/03
EAD, RD:4/11/03
RFE for EAD (photos): 5/27/03
RFE rec'd: 6/10/03
AD: ??

Correction:

AD for I-140 should read, AD: 3/27/03. The following is my info.

EB3, I-140/485: VSC
RD:2/4/03
ND:3/14/03
AD (I-140 only): 3/27/03
EAD, RD:4/11/03
RFE for EAD (photos): 5/27/03
RFE rec'd: 6/10/03
AD: ??

AP: have not decided to file yet. Lawyer didn't do it too.

Jeremy

WElcome to forum
Even though I have not got RFE usually the response to RFE is fairly quick.
Also EAD issues are always resolved faster than other RFEs.
You should be getting EAD approved after response within 2-3 weeks.
Regards
Paresh

Status
Not open for further replies.