February 2003 I140/I484 concurrent Filers - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
herenow,,

I am not sure why the 140 was approved in less then 3 months,, nothing special about my case... bcis is approving the concurrent cases 140's pretty quickly....its the 485.. for which everyone has to wait forever....

To Rotny

You can get an interim EAD from the local INS office, if 90 days have passed after your I 765 ND and there is no RFE on your I 140.

Good luck

mdu123

1..My lawyer is saying file I140 first and then go for I-485. in this case 140 is getting approved within 3-4 months. but if we apply for the concurrent processing, it takes more than 8 months for the 140 approval. does it true?

2.Also I am wondering if we can apply 485 anytime after we filed the 140? ie., when 140 is pending , can we apply 485 anytime or have to wait for 140 to be completed?

Since 485 needs medical tests and other proof of documents and it takes some time ,I think it will be much quicker to apply for 140 first, then after a month apply for 485.
Please let me know will that be possible?

Thanks

Nothing is sure with VSC. People in both cases are waiting. It depends on your luck.

You can file I 485 with I 140 receipt at anytime. You need not wait for I 140 approval.

Good luck
mdu123

This is not very encouraging but thought I should post.

I talked to the office of congressman in our area.

They asked about my application date. Based on which they inquired and came back with this.

"Currently they are processing cases of Oct. 1 and it will take them 7-8 months from now to process your case filed in February!" :eek:

Concurrent - EB3

RD: Feb 01, 2003
ND: Mar 06, 2003

N'joy the life if you can....

Meanwhile I know many concurrent Dec - Jan - Feb cases already approved in the company where my project is. (I work for a different employer..!:( )

Actually, I believe the processing priority is assigned based on the RD and not the ND. So it would be a Feb case.
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. :D
Of course this doesn't explain why some people who have applied AFTER us have already been approved. :eek: :p :confused:
Good for them though!
-------------
RD: Jan 29th
ND Feb 12th

Re: ND: Mar 06, 2003 is March Case , not Feb

Originally posted by satya27476
any comments ?

BCIS processes cases in the Order of RD (Received Date). BCIS stamps this date when it receives the packet in mail even before opening the packet. It may take longer time for this mail to be opened and to be registered in the system to generate receipt notice (this is What the ND- notice date when the receipt notice is generated) This is delay at BCIS's side not applicant's. Applicants who mailed or whose packet received on same date may have different NDs. But always BCIS (though we see the approvals not in RD order) processes in the order of RD.

SB

Hello All,

What does Filing Concurrently actually mean , Does the lawyer actually file for the I-140 first , gets the receipt number and then attached this receipt number while filing for 485- , AP and EAD .

Can someone please explain ,
Thanks,
Rotny

To Rotny

Concurrent filing can be done in 2 ways.

To send both I140 and I485 papers (together with I765 & I131, if applicable) as one packet.

or

To apply I140 first, then after receiving the receipt for it, applying I485 etc with that rceipt.

By the second way we will be loosing atleast a month, so better to apply together.

Good luck
mdu123

Thanks MDU,

Do what I am hearing is that we do not need any kind of proof / documents for filing for 485 ??

Ronty

To Rotny

As far as know, if you file I485 at a later date, you have to keep the receipt of your I140 papers along with other papers.

I am not aware if the rule has changed.........

Regards
mdu123

question to eager4GC !!

Hi eager4GC,
Congrats on your I140's approval. Do you belong to EB2 or EB3? Was there any RFE on your case?

Thx

Feb28,

Mind telling us what your RFE was for and how you responded? I noticed it took a long time for you to get your EAD.

TIA!

RFE was about experience letters. Got the letters from previous employer and send to them. My EAD was on hold untill RFE is answered

Re: Case Status

M101

I think the BCIS is removing the approved cases immediately off the online status. My wife's case was approved yesterday and I couldn't find the status online. When I called the ATM it said my wife's case was approved (131).

In case of 485 if they have received FP then the status changes to "FP recived and will mail or intimate if anything chages". In my wife's case it just says "485 received"

HTH
dyno

Originally posted by M101
Guys:

I believe BCIS online case status page does not display details of cases that have already been approved (like EAD, AP, I-140). What about I-485, where FP is approved and processing has resumed? For these cased, I would imagine the case status page to show the status as 'resume processing'. But this is not so.
The case status page does not show the status of I-485 under review (after successful approval of FP)

Any thoughts?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.