FBI Name Checks!!

Lazerthegreat

Registered Users (C)
FBI Name Checks

October 31, 2005

Agent Albert J. Pisterzi from the FBI was present at a Immigrant Community Roundtable to discuss the status of FBI name checks and shared some interesting points:

Within the last year, USCIS has submitted approximately 1.5 million name check requests to the FBI. Of these, 233,000 are still pending. Please note that this does not include the 2.7 million names that the FBI had to re-run after 9/11 and of which 2600 are still pending.

The FBI has a first in, first out policy for conducting name checks. If there is a hit, an analyst has to review the physical file and any related documents. He also mentioned that USCIS DOES have the ability to request that the FBI take cases out of order.

Agent Al stated that the FBI just implemented a phone number (National Name Check Office: (202) 324-2399) about two days ago for individuals to call and inquire about the status of their name checks.

We called to see how it works and it is a recording. According to Agent Al, there should be a live person answering the phone calls. The phone message provides an email address (fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov) where you can inquire on the status of your case(s). You are to provide: Name, Date of Birth, Alien Number, E-mail address.

courtesy of Loan T. Huynh, Esq.
Fredrikson & Byron, P.A.
4000 Pillsbury Center
200 South Sixth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402-1425

Annaraka, please keep us posted, K?

If you don't mind posting a new thread when you hear something, that would be great.

P.S. Geez, so glad to see you guys are peacefully sleeping or doing fun stuff...

Thanks, Lazer. Very helpful info.

Lazerthegreat said:
FBI Name Checks

October 31, 2005

Agent Albert J. Pisterzi from the FBI was present at a Immigrant Community Roundtable to discuss the status of FBI name checks and shared some interesting points:

Within the last year, USCIS has submitted approximately 1.5 million name check requests to the FBI. Of these, 233,000 are still pending. Please note that this does not include the 2.7 million names that the FBI had to re-run after 9/11 and of which 2600 are still pending.

The FBI has a first in, first out policy for conducting name checks. If there is a hit, an analyst has to review the physical file and any related documents. He also mentioned that USCIS DOES have the ability to request that the FBI take cases out of order.

Agent Al stated that the FBI just implemented a phone number (National Name Check Office: (202) 324-2399) about two days ago for individuals to call and inquire about the status of their name checks.

We called to see how it works and it is a recording. According to Agent Al, there should be a live person answering the phone calls. The phone message provides an email address (fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov) where you can inquire on the status of your case(s). You are to provide: Name, Date of Birth, Alien Number, E-mail address.

courtesy of Loan T. Huynh, Esq.
Fredrikson & Byron, P.A.
4000 Pillsbury Center
200 South Sixth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402-1425

Name Checks

Lazerthegreat said:
FBI Name Checks
Lazerthegreat.. Thanks for the information. I have a quick question for you. When do they initiate a name check and how do we find out if they have initiated names checks?? Is there an automatic E-mail which we receive or not? Please throw some light on this.

GCVaruma.

GCVARUMA said:
Lazerthegreat.. Thanks for the information. I have a quick question for you. When do they initiate a name check and how do we find out if they have initiated names checks?? Is there an automatic E-mail which we receive or not? Please throw some light on this.

GCVaruma.

Namechecks are automatically initiated as soon as you do your finger printing. The FBI database is checked and if there is no "hit" then it is sent to CIS as "cleared". This scenario usually takes just 48 hours. However if there is a "hit" then officer has to sit down and do a manual research. This can take 120 days depending on their case load.

No you won't receive any emails that you have been cleared. You only recieve emails when an officer opens your file (a database record) and initiates some request but only if you have "turned on" email in your login.

Thanks

Lazerthegreat said:
Namechecks are automatically initiated as soon as you do your finger printing. The FBI database is checked and if there is no "hit" then it is sent to CIS as "cleared". This scenario usually takes just 48 hours. However if there is a "hit" then officer has to sit down and do a manual research. This can take 120 days depending on their case load.

No you won't receive any emails that you have been cleared. You only recieve emails when an officer opens your file (a database record) and initiates some request but only if you have "turned on" email in your login.

Lazerthegreat.. Thanks for explaining it to me. So they will not be sending me any E-mails but there is usually just a LUD right after the fingerpriting (assuming that the name check is complete), right.

Hope you can throw some light on this. The following is the status that I get when I give my case no :
Current Status: On October 10, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

So does it mean that they have now initiated a name check or does it meant the name check is completed?

GCVaruma.

Lazerthegreat said:
you're welcome karina..

Lazer,

I don't know if you would know this but can people who have received Recommended Asylum call this number and find out about our background checks? I'm still awaiting my FINAL approval pending my "mandatory background check." It's been since March and I have a feeling I'll have to wait a lot longer. Thank you in advance.

GCVARUMA said:
Lazerthegreat.. Thanks for explaining it to me. So they will not be sending me any E-mails but there is usually just a LUD right after the fingerpriting (assuming that the name check is complete), right.

Hope you can throw some light on this. The following is the status that I get when I give my case no :
Current Status: On October 10, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

So does it mean that they have now initiated a name check or does it meant the name check is completed?

GCVaruma.

It means initiation of name check.

ASSYLEE said:
Lazer,

I don't know if you would know this but can people who have received Recommended Asylum call this number and find out about our background checks? I'm still awaiting my FINAL approval pending my "mandatory background check." It's been since March and I have a feeling I'll have to wait a lot longer. Thank you in advance.

sure! call this # and ask them. There is only one FBI to handle all case load. :)

Lazerthegreat said:
sure! call this # and ask them. There is only one FBI to handle all case load. :)

The recording states that "effective today, September 24th, 2004, we will not accept any phone inquiries." The original message for this post seems to be dated October 31st, 2005. This recording has been active for over a year. I have a feeling it will remain as such longer than that French woman's recording on LOST. U know..."ils sont tous morts, il sont morts, il les a tués. Il les a tués tous..."

Lazerthegreat said:
It means initiation of name check.

Thanks again for clearing up some of the doubts that I have. However I have one final question. Now that we know that it is the initiation of the name check, does it mean that the LUD that you get right after this signifies that the name check is completed?

Thanks for you patience and time.

GCVaruma.

GCVARUMA said:
Thanks again for clearing up some of the doubts that I have. However I have one final question. Now that we know that it is the initiation of the name check, does it mean that the LUD that you get right after this signifies that the name check is completed?

Thanks for you patience and time.

GCVaruma.

No! this only signies some new material (your Finger prints) has become a part of your file once more.

Lazerthegreat said:
No! this only signies some new material (your Finger prints) has become a part of your file once more.

If thats the case then how is it possible for us to determine when the Name check process is done/Over?

Thanks,
GCVaruma

GCVARUMA said:
If thats the case then how is it possible for us to determine when the Name check process is done/Over?

Thanks,
GCVaruma

GCVaruma, Are you an asylee? Because for H-1 and others, its a different and friendlier process...in my opinion.

wantmygcnow said:
GCVaruma, Are you an asylee? Because for H-1 and others, its a different and friendlier process...in my opinion.

I am not an asylee. I come under the H1 process. The reason why I was asking was that I just wanted to find out more about this name check process so that I have an idea as to how the name check process is started and when it will be over.

There are some people with H1 GC process who have not got their name check cleared for a very long time. By knowing how this works at least it gives an idea as to whats happening with my case. So thats the reason for my curiosity and stream of questions.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.