FBI Name Check

Finally, mess was over, it's my day, thanks for all helps and loves came from ppl here:

" Thank you for contacting the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman (CISOMB) in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS). CISOMB is an independent office that assists individuals and employers in resolving problems with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

We researched your case and found that on February 9, 2009, USCIS approved your I-485 application. Also, your initial Legal Permanent Resident card is in production. Please allow at 20 days for your card to arrive."

the weird thing is my case online status still remains the same, doesn't get update yet. is it normal? anyone has or sees this happened before?

thanks

Congrats. So you received that letter from CISOMB office after you contacted them? Your online case still remains the same as of today? That's weird. I am still waiting for my re Fp in the mail. I hope it's coming soon as they received my re medical exam 10 days ago.
BTW, do you have CISOMB contact info? So I can call them to assist with my case too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats. So you received that letter from CISOMB office after you contacted them? Your online case still remains the same as of today? That's weird. I am still waiting for my re Fp in the mail. I hope it's coming soon as they received my re medical exam 10 days ago.
BTW, do you have CISOMB contact info? So I can call them to assist with my case too.

yup, i sent CISOMB a certified mail with return receipt, 2 weeks later they email me that my case got approved.

today i had a inforpass at DO (Garden City), they confirmed that my case was approved and green card is in production, it probably arrives next week some day.

I also asked them why my case online status still remain the same, they said because my case just got approved and yesterday was holiday(president day) please be patient and allow 2 weeks for Card to arrive blah blah blah....

well, at least i know case was approved and not stupid pending any more.

don't think their online case status system is reliable coz i Never got any updates at all since 2005.

CISOMB doesn't provide phone number to public to call, i don't even know if CISOMB helps coz i sent out 8 certified mails at the same time including district director, the sure thing is that CISOMB was the first one to tell me that my case was approved.

did my fingerprints today. i dont think the ombudsman has a contact number but of course you can write to them.

take it easy, normally they r gonna approve your case within 2 weeks after your 2nd finger print, counting from today.

you are going exactly same track as me,----- 2nd medical exam, then 2nd FP, then expecting an approval.

you're about all set soon, time to celebrate my dear unlucky girl, let me know if u want any info from me.

I received physical Green Card 2 days ago, right on the day my birthday. well somehow I didn't feel thrill anymore, those process just took too long more than my expectation.

Card looks cheap and its quality is not good as EAD card, mailed from MIssouri Service Center

I was struggling for this card over 3 years, now all set.

Im gonna post my timeline and some tips I have used to push the case forward.

here is my terrible GC journey and tips to push it, I owed u guys coz I always get helps from you guys kind people when i need it.

6/ 2005 F1 married to US wife.

7/ 2005 AOS package (i485+130) mailed to USCIS Chicago

9/ 2005 got interview letter, it scheduled at Garden City NY

12/22/05 Interviewed, everything went well, she(adjustor) only asked 3 questions: 1) when did u meet? 2) why u wanna marry her(stupid question). 3) where did u meet first time. that was all, then she said i was supposed to get my GC in 4 weeks, meantime, she asked me mailed him my diploma coz i was F1 status. I also asked her name and work phone number in case something wrong with it.

12/26/2005 diploma sent to her.

1/ 2006 called her, was told my background check was pending.

2/ 2006 called again, same thing pending.

3/2006 asked help from Congressman, 1 month later got the same "security remain.."

4/2006 wrote to first lady asked for speeding up the name check, got reply from FBI 1 month later said sorry to me coz there were alot people waiting online and they can't do anything.

nothing but keeping waiting..( inforpass monthly since that)
:
:
:
3/2008 felt so bad and thinking about filing lawsuit against USCIS.

5/2008 inforpass, knew that case was pending under addition review. officer told me she didn't know what they were looking for in my case.

7/2008 inforpass again and was told that case got transfered to garden city.

8/2008 can't wait any more, went to new york federal east district court picked up Pro Se package, was about to file lawsuit, yes i knew i could have sued them even earlier to get that GC, but i wanted 10 years GC rather than 2 years conditional one so i let it be awhile. time to sue and have done my homeworks.

9/2008, good timing, they send me a letter asking for 2nd medical exam. i thought it was good sign for my case got moved forward. I did it and sent back to them via Fedex.

10/2008 got Re fingers print appointment letter asked for 2nd FP. well i considered it was good sign too showing they are actively process my case, as matter of fact it really was .

12/2008 inforpas and told them that was my last one prior to suing them. also blaming them it was damnit stupid to take that long to do this. i was abit pissed off and yup talking rudely with them.

Jan/2009 following the instruction that ppl doing at this thread and mailed 10 certified mails to ppl i was thinking could help me out.

1/30/2009. got approved email from USCIS CISOMB office.

2/15 welcome letter, 2 days later physical 10 year permanent GC in hands, don't need to go through I751 remove condition anymore!!!!

2/24. today, i got called this morning, the lady told me she was from USCIS and told me that my case got approved and wish me blah blah.. it's so dumb, she was too late to say that well still ok.

well, for me, My case online status never got changed since the first day they received my application. even now it's saying still pending, in spite of i have got that card for about 1 week in hands. that GC was mailed from MSC center it's an issue for them to update the online database.

TIPS:

1. for F1 to AOS, don't forget bright your diploma to interview coz they need to know you are real student not a terrorist.

2. well after interview right on the spot, try to get the officer's name and work number in case u need further help directly from him/her. it would be more efficient.

3. if your case is about to 2 years delay, then wait abit till it passes 2 years and start to push them.

4. dont' hesitate to sue them if ur case over due more than 1 year. u will get it even faster then your expectation. ok if u really don't want. see next.

5. following wait2006's mailling address, send out mails to right ppl. well, 1 thing i have to emphasize is, i can feel that district office director and CISOMB are must people u should send mails to. they are most helpful than any others. also, about CISOMB what i have done is, I filled up my form 7001, sighed it and scanned it, then email it as attachment to CISOMB. (Cisombudsman@dhs.gov). they did reply your email and telling you what is going on about your case. send them email weekly please don't flood their mailbox :), that was what i exactly did. CISOMB is the first one report to me that my case was approved!!, they really keep eyes watching on your case and push it. About USCIS district director, send them certified mail with return receipt weekly!!, keep sending till your case get resolved, u deserve it!!! , if u have done all i told u below, u gonna be fine soon, probably in couple months. u are all set. the bottom line is keeping bother them and making noise to them!!!!

this morning the USCIS lady called with so polite voice to make sure I got my green card, it's so hilarious, also the result i was keeping to bother them. at this thread alot people got their card over the rule and i just confirmed that for you guys again! it works and u deserve it!

thanks again for all helps from ppl here and God bless you kind people here.

im going to stay around awhile to help.

Certified letters

Mailed certified letters to Michael Chertoff, ombudsman along with 7001 form, congressman, Robert Cowan and Jonathan Scherfen. on Friday. Its been over more than two years now I am hoping to get done with this process as soon as possible.

Mailed certified letters to Michael Chertoff, ombudsman along with 7001 form, congressman, Robert Cowan and Jonathan Scherfen. on Friday. Its been over more than two years now I am hoping to get done with this process as soon as possible.

my suggestion is, DON'T forget USCIS district director, also scan your signed form 7001 email them with an explanation, do that weekly over email, it does help. here is the email address : Cisombudsman@dhs.gov

wait couple days till they reply you.

my suggestion is, DON'T forget USCIS district director, also scan your signed form 7001 email them with an explanation, do that weekly over email, it does help. here is the email address : Cisombudsman@dhs.gov

wait couple days till they reply you.

Thanks, i will make sure I send an email to them. Also, Lawmanfox, did they requested additional documents from you beside medical and finger print before issuing GC. My lawyer told me that you might be called in for another interview or they might request additional documents tax papers, bills etc. If that is the case with you please let me know.

Thanks, i will make sure I send an email to them. Also, Lawmanfox, did they requested additional documents from you beside medical and finger print before issuing GC. My lawyer told me that you might be called in for another interview or they might request additional documents tax papers, bills etc. If that is the case with you please let me know.

It depends on case by case, for my case, they just asked extra Medical exam and Fingers print. that's all. I did 2nd FP at Jan. 20 and case got approved at Jan. 30, it took 10 days to have all things done.

well i don't care if they asked for second interview again, the point is you know they really move your case forward.

I Applied with My wife is Dec, 08,2008
I get Interviewed in June 2007 and since then i never heard anything from Immigration
Any recommendations on what to do
Given that I am Egyptian and my wife is american Born

hey lawmanfox,
in the excitement i think you have your case status updates messed up. coz ur post says your 2nd FP was on jan 10th, your signature says Oct 2008.

lawmanfox, its such a concidence ... Our timelines are almost same. The only difference is, I got married in 05/2005 and received my conditional GC in march, 2007. I recently filed for I-751 in dec, 2008 and now waiting for the 10 year GC. Our interview dates and filing dates are all in the same months.

hey lawmanfox,
in the excitement i think you have your case status updates messed up. coz ur post says your 2nd FP was on jan 10th, your signature says Oct 2008.

it's supposed to do that at last oct 2008, as i told you before, they mailed me the wrong finger print appointment letter,which was for I765 not 485. later on I found out this problem and went inforpass to correct it, they then re schedule the I485 2nd finger print day to Jan/2009, i tried to go support center to ask for early process but got refused. so had to get there exact the day printed on Appointment letter, frustrated.

lawmanfox, its such a concidence ... Our timelines are almost same. The only difference is, I got married in 05/2005 and received my conditional GC in march, 2007. I recently filed for I-751 in dec, 2008 and now waiting for the 10 year GC. Our interview dates and filing dates are all in the same months.

now the difference between you and me is, i have 10 year green card without condition, urs are pending for review to remove the condition. BUT, your GC started since 03/2007, that means you are able to apply for citizenship at the end of this year, it's almost 2 years faster than me to reach the final destination... yup u got the better deal.

hey unlucky girl,

any updates to your case? they are supposed to approve it around this week. go make an inforpass to find out, online status is nothing for local process.

I got my phyical card 2weeks ago now my online status still remain the same the first day they received my case" On July 5, 2005, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you"

it sucks, isn't it?

hey lawmanfox,
yes i am waiting anxiously. i have an infopass for the 6th of March. will let u know what happens. my case status also shows the same message of initial submission.

Hey Unlucky girl,
I think our cases is somewhat similiar in term of time procedure. But you did the 2nd Fp little ealier than mine, I think you will get your GC faster.. Today I got a notice for 2nd FP after one month of submission of my 2nd redo medical exam to Garden city office. The 2nd FP is scheduled on March 11th and the notice was mailed from Nation Benefit center..I checked online the case staus is still unchanged..Let's hope for the Best...