FBI Name Check

IBIS check?

Hello folks,

I had my second interview for adjustment of status in Newark, IO asked me to do FP because mine are expired ( more than 15 months), my IO is waiting for file from some Cities!!!, I think something to do with IBIS, after that I will get my green card on the mail.

with the new memo, they don't wait for name check, but they do the other two checks (Fingerprint with FBI and IBIS), it takes couple days only.
Do you have an idea about IBIS check??? How long it takes?

Thank you in advance.

I have a quick question for you all. I received an email followed by a paper document that said that my I-485 has been approved on 3-31-08 and then i received another one on 4-3-08 saying the same thing. any idea why they would send 2 notices?

Thanks PunjabDaPuttar and JSB for your response :)

My Timeline:
H1B -> Married to USC Husband in Oct 2005 :)

12/29/2005 - Mailed I-485/I-130/I-765/I-864/I-693/G-325 to Chicago Lockbox
01/15/2006 - Received notices from INS saying they have our papers
01/2006 - Date for Biometrics
02/14/06 - FBI sent Fingerprint report to USCIS
02/18/06 - Received New EAD 1
06/28/06 - Interview with Immigration Officer (All looks good - he said)
06/28/06 - I-130 Approved - (Letter received in couple weeks)
01/10/2007 - Filed for renewal EAD #2
02/15/07 - Biometrics date
03/22/07 - Received renewed EAD #2
11/15/07 - Filed for renewal EAD #3
12/18/07 - Biometrics/Fingerprint date for EAD
12/26/07 - Received renewed EAD #3
02/26/2008 - Fingerprints Renewal for I-485 - Notice to appear on this day.
03/05/08 - Green Card Approved :cool:
03/10/08 - According to website - Green Card ordered for production
03/11/08 - Notice/Welcome to USA Letter received in mail
03/15/08 - Green Card Received in mail :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Question for everyone recently approved

If you are recently approved under the new memo and you have been married for about 2 years how long are you getting the green card for 2 or 10 years ?

I read on uscis website where they have made some kind a deal with the FBI with atimetable on how they are gonna clear the backlog of name checks.

Yay!!!

Today I just got my green card in mail!!!! phew

Thanks everyone for the valuable information!!!

Good luck to everyone!

:D :D :D

Does Any one now how long it takes for file transfer from one DO to other.
I moved since my interview in March 06. changed address, then moved again and changed address. USCIS sent finger print letter to first address even though their system had my latest address. went to info pass and was told that old DO will make decision on my case as they interviewed me. AS I did not hear anything for almost 25 days after second finger print. I contacted my congressman. The DHS lady who responded to congressman's office request said that they will request my file from the other DO and place it with suprevisor for review once received.
Any body has idea how long it can take, as I need to send renewal for my EAD which expires in 90 days.

Remeron,
I would highly recommend you to contact your current local district office director and your interview district office director. This is what franticsky suggested me to do when I was stuck in a similar situation. I took the advice and wrote to both directors and sent the letter as certified mail. You won't believe how slow the system transfers your file to the updated district office when you moved from one place to another unless you state your situation and get the directors' attention and look into the problem. It only took about a week for my case to get approved once the file got brought up again. Good Luck!

If you are recently approved under the new memo and you have been married for about 2 years how long are you getting the green card for 2 or 10 years ?

Anybody know this - even i have an interview scheduled on Friday under this. what should i be expecting

Does anybody know when we have the second interview due to the memo - is it a real interview meaning the IO actually checks all the docs again or is it more to just stamp the passport.

I have been stuck in namecheck since 2 + yrs now and have an interview scheduled on Friday (due to being eligble for timeframes outside 180 days).

Wanted to understand how much should i need to prepare and go

Remeron

Does Any one now how long it takes for file transfer from one DO to other.
I moved since my interview in March 06. changed address, then moved again and changed address. USCIS sent finger print letter to first address even though their system had my latest address. went to info pass and was told that old DO will make decision on my case as they interviewed me. AS I did not hear anything for almost 25 days after second finger print. I contacted my congressman. The DHS lady who responded to congressman's office request said that they will request my file from the other DO and place it with suprevisor for review once received.
Any body has idea how long it can take, as I need to send renewal for my EAD which expires in 90 days.

Please write to ur district director for help regarding this

Finally recieved the magic e-mail.
Current Status: Card production ordered.
It took almost five years (EB1 category). Many many thanks for all the help and support that from you all. By the way I wrote to the disctrict officer as suggested by franticsky and also wrote to First Lady, Congressman, Senator and Obudsman all within the last month.

Petition for Siblings

Hello:
Can some one please advise me if Indian passports (showing names of mother and father) are acceptable evidence of being brother. I am applying family based petition for my brother but neither os us has a birth certificate. Thanks for your advice.

I am done !!

My 485 notice date is 4/25/2007. NYC 485 processing time went back from 5/14/2007 in Feb to 4/15/2007 in March. I thought this may be because they start to process pending cases based on Feb new memo. Last night I got the magic email of "card production ordered" and my online status is updated too. It's so great to end the ordeal and the new memo is taking effect.

Many thanks to all the help from people here.

Congratulations Keihei

My 485 notice date is 4/25/2007. NYC 485 processing time went back from 5/14/2007 in Feb to 4/15/2007 in March. I thought this may be because they start to process pending cases based on Feb new memo. Last night I got the magic email of "card production ordered" and my online status is updated too. It's so great to end the ordeal and the new memo is taking effect.

Many thanks to all the help from people here.

Congratulations. !

Hello:
Can some one please advise me if Indian passports (showing names of mother and father) are acceptable evidence of being brother. I am applying family based petition for my brother but neither os us has a birth certificate. Thanks for your advice.

If you do not have birth certificates , you have to get individual affidavits on stamp paper from India BOTH from your Father and Mother , stating that they are biological parents

questions

Hello all,
Now as a new member in the gang I need your suggestions and I appreciate it.
Yesterday, me and my wife had the adjustment of status interview. The interview went well, we produced all the documents etc. Officer said the namecheck has not cleared. I know this shit from my wife, since she waited 3 years for naturalization because of this and she finally got it after filing pro se. Officer told me that USCIS submitted my namecheck on January 9. So he suggested me to make an infopass and inquiry about the end of June if nothing happens.
Now the question: I was considering to travel in June. I have advanced parole. I can wait little longer but I guess not much. I would like to wait a little but it seems even after 6 month mark, it takes 2-3 months to get the card. Do you think I should go ahead and travel? Do you experience or info about returning the country with advanced parole?
Thank you.

Everyone, just as I am losing hope here, I randomly checked my status today on USCIS website, and it is updated! seems like my card is in production! Here is the message:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On April 9, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Does that mean I am going to receive my GC soon? how come I did not see an update saying my case is approved? Also I am married on 3/21/2006, am I going to get a 10 year or conditional card? Thank you to everyone here for keeping my faith up all this time....

------------
Timeline
Filed I-485 on 9/2006
Interviewed on 1/2007 and officer told me all okay except for penind name check
Retook my fingerprint 3/2008
Website said card ordered 4/9/2008

In NYC, but then I think it got transferred to california, and now it said it is located in the national center online. But when I called 2 weeks ago, they are telling me it is still held at the local office. I am seriously confused.

Also I hired a counsel, who kept calling them every 2 months or something....