FBI Name Check

I've a question. Sorry...but I actually noticed people get their Card production email/update first and then welcome or approval.

However, I got the welcome letter first. Now, I'm wondering what's going on?

Does it sound okay? (seems like this thing will never end-namely worries!!) I'm just worried why my one is backward?

Thanks!

YOu just sit and relax, reserve some money for the party when the card arrive within ten days. OK. don't forget look for your picture at the back of the card if you don't see one it will be an issue:D

YOu just sit and relax, reserve some money for the party when the card arrive within ten days. OK. don't forget look for your picture at the back of the card if you don't see one it will be an issue:D

okay, thanks! Can't wait for that par-tay....!! :D (also my birthday is coming up in 2 weeks!! yikes!) I already packed my carry on lugage and started to shop for the big trip LOL...yes I'm crazy. ;) I've been waiting for this trip for the last 8 years!:eek:

sharon754 said:
Feb2005,

My father's case is with CSC too. Could you let me know how you talked to csc people? Is it the same 1-800 number?

Can't remember the menu at top of my head right now, but once I call 1-800 # then I choose the option that says if you have recently got an RFE and you don't understand whatever doc we asked (something to this effect) please press whtever#. And then based on my case # it says- your case is in Cali Svc Center, and you will be connected to a rep there. That's how I once ended up there and since then I always choose that option.

I will call tomorrow, and will be able to give you exact details on how to reach them. Sorry couldn't answer you earlier.

I just got the "card production ordered email" how long does it take from that to receiving that card.
Thank you. This forum has been very helpful.

-

Can't remember the menu at top of my head right now, but once I call 1-800 # then I choose the option that says if you have recently got an RFE and you don't understand whatever doc we asked (something to this effect) please press whtever#. And then based on my case # it says- your case is in Cali Svc Center, and you will be connected to a rep there. That's how I once ended up there and since then I always choose that option.

I will call tomorrow, and will be able to give you exact details on how to reach them. Sorry couldn't answer you earlier.

Thanks, Feb2005. I will try it next time.

My father's application was submitted in 9/2007. He is still stuck in name check. Called USCIS last week, and was told it is still within normal processing time, and was asked to wait for another couple of months. Have any recent filers got any updates?

JSB congrats

I just got the "card production ordered email" how long does it take from that to receiving that card.
Thank you. This forum has been very helpful.

-

JSB many many congratulations to you , you shud get it within 10 days

Hello!

Yesterday I got my Welcome notice in mail.

And today I got the Approval notice sent email and update on the case.

Very excited! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Woo-hoo!!!!

Case status online says DH's Welcome Letter was mailed on March 31st!!! :D
We will now be stalking the mailman.....;)

Congrats!!!!

the district office sends the file to NBC after approval and is stored there

Franticsky, Congratulations!!!!!

I haven't logged on in a long time, but I logged on today just to see if you made it. And I see you have, again Congrats...

Stuck in FBI Name Check - through Marriage

i got form the USCIS on the 12 September a letter that my case is not ready for a decision , as the requierd investigation into your background remains open.
Question:

I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status;
For these forms, including applications for lawful permanent residence, USCIS will adjudicate the application based on all required evidence outlined in applicable law and regulation if the application is otherwise approvable, outside of normal processing times, and the FBI name check request has been pending for more than 180 days.
the shlould approve my case.

I spoke today with IO and he told me they have to proof if my case eligible.

That looks like i have to wait wait wait.
Is anybody out there they have the same problems.
My understanding is - if the case more than 180 Day delay on backround check they USCIS shall approve the case.

Hello everyone, I just have a randome question and am hoping someone will have an answer for me :)

I recently got my GC and was wondering do I need a visa to visit Canada? I plan to go to Ontario for couple days but I didn't know if I needed a visa or not?
Thanks

My Timeline:
H1B -> Married to USC Husband in Oct 2005 :)

12/29/2005 - Mailed I-485/I-130/I-765/I-864/I-693/G-325 to Chicago Lockbox
01/15/2006 - Received notices from INS saying they have our papers
01/2006 - Date for Biometrics
02/14/06 - FBI sent Fingerprint report to USCIS
02/18/06 - Received New EAD 1
06/28/06 - Interview with Immigration Officer (All looks good - he said)
06/28/06 - I-130 Approved - (Letter received in couple weeks)
01/10/2007 - Filed for renewal EAD #2
02/15/07 - Biometrics date
03/22/07 - Received renewed EAD #2
11/15/07 - Filed for renewal EAD #3
12/18/07 - Biometrics/Fingerprint date for EAD
12/26/07 - Received renewed EAD #3
02/26/2008 - Fingerprints Renewal for I-485 - Notice to appear on this day.
03/05/08 - Green Card Approved :cool:
03/10/08 - According to website - Green Card ordered for production
03/11/08 - Notice/Welcome to USA Letter received in mail
03/15/08 - Green Card Received in mail :D

Can I study while pending name check

Hello, eveyone, I am in the same boat as many of you here, marriage-based GC application. filed I-130 - approved. Filed I-485 on 9/06, interviewed on 1/07 and officer told me all okay except for penind name check. Retook my fingerprint 3/08. And I haven't got any word afterwords. I have my EAD card now and working. But I am thinking about going to school in the fall, am I legally allowed to do that in my current situation?

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR EVERYONE HERE!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
went on Infopass today , the officer told me she is going to forward my case info to the supervisor to the immigration officer who has my case...

another thing is the congressman office also looking in to my case.

You dont need a visa. Just your passport and GC. If you go to the canadian visitor visa application, the application on the last page specifies that you do not need to apply for a visa if you have a US GC.

Hello everyone, I just have a randome question and am hoping someone will have an answer for me :)

I recently got my GC and was wondering do I need a visa to visit Canada? I plan to go to Ontario for couple days but I didn't know if I needed a visa or not?
Thanks

My Timeline:
H1B -> Married to USC Husband in Oct 2005 :)

12/29/2005 - Mailed I-485/I-130/I-765/I-864/I-693/G-325 to Chicago Lockbox
01/15/2006 - Received notices from INS saying they have our papers
01/2006 - Date for Biometrics
02/14/06 - FBI sent Fingerprint report to USCIS
02/18/06 - Received New EAD 1
06/28/06 - Interview with Immigration Officer (All looks good - he said)
06/28/06 - I-130 Approved - (Letter received in couple weeks)
01/10/2007 - Filed for renewal EAD #2
02/15/07 - Biometrics date
03/22/07 - Received renewed EAD #2
11/15/07 - Filed for renewal EAD #3
12/18/07 - Biometrics/Fingerprint date for EAD
12/26/07 - Received renewed EAD #3
02/26/2008 - Fingerprints Renewal for I-485 - Notice to appear on this day.
03/05/08 - Green Card Approved :cool:
03/10/08 - According to website - Green Card ordered for production
03/11/08 - Notice/Welcome to USA Letter received in mail
03/15/08 - Green Card Received in mail :D

Help! Can I Leagally study while pending name check????

I am also a marriage-based GC application. filed I-130 - approved. Filed I-485 on 9/06, interviewed on 1/07 and officer told me all okay except for pending name check. Retook my fingerprint 3/08. And I haven't got any word afterwords.

I have my EAD card now and working. But I am thinking about going to school in the fall, am I legally allowed to do that in my current situation?

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR LOOKING!

YES you can

you can definitely study. you have legal status. BUT it depends on the school to decide whether you qualify for resident tuition or non-resident tuition.

Most likely they will, but it depends.

My gut says you will get a GC soon but ensure that you have a valid EAD - keep renewing it.