FBI Name Check

Hi franticsky,
I think some applicants get their I-130 approval notice sent out within a week of their interview, while others get their approvals together with the I-485 approvals.

Maybe it's the immigration officer's discretion??

I've seen these two occurences in other forums as well. I do not think there's a known pattern.

Also, it's becoming clear the reason most people are not getting status updates/LUD/email notifications anymore is because the USCIS is overwhelmed with the surge in application this past July and the system is unable to keep status updated on its website.

Either ways, since the officer who interviewed you said you are approved, I'm certain your I-130 approval will be sent out together with the I-485 welcome notice :)

All the best to us here.

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats dodgenc , another approval , hope mine and all others who are stuck in this BS get approved soon :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of weekend LUDs.... I must retract my earlier statements - I just had a Sunday LUD for my EAD renewal; it now says "On November 23, 2007, we ordered production of your new card." I had no CRIS emails for this status change, however.

I realize from earlier communications with USCIS that my biometrics will be rescanned from my I-485 file into this EAD renewal yet I will honor FP appointment later this week just to be safe...

card prod ordered on nov 21

I guess...we are almost done.

LUD: 11/21: card prod ordered

Am sure others who have recvd "welcome notices" also have this LUD. Good luck to those pending !

advance parole

Have a question about AP , how many copies of the AP are normally sent , I just spoke to my friend , his case is at Nebraska and he was sent 3 copies of the same , i received 2 ?? anyone please

Thanks Arran , I was reading posts on trackitt and a few posts here too that some people are having problems with ead renewals bceause of name check , which is so ridiculous

Nothing surprise me with USCIS. In my case, EAD renewal went throw without any issues even with Name Check pending. I applied more than 120 days early to avoid any surprise long waits (applied for renewal on July 28 to avoid fee hikes for the EAD and AP expires on Dec 20) for EAD , AP approved without any issues.

Arran

Did you get any LUD before your case was approved , I mean november 23rd is 6 months from the day my application was filed and no updates on this date , may 31st is the day when the FBI name check was initiated , i just hope it comes because what seems to be a general pattern is if the name check comes thru in 6 months u r OK otherwise , will be stuck in this blackhole for ever

FANTASTIC NEWS - Don't Lose Hope

I have fantastic news to share. My wife had her 485 Interview at Detroit in the first week of October, but case was not approved pending name check. We were very disappointed as my wife does not have a common Indian name and she is in country for last 7-8 years and still did not have GC.

Nothing happened till last week when LUD changed and then message said 'Case approved and mailed Notice...blah...blah".

We were shocked and even more so when we got the Welcome Letter on Friday (11/23) and Physical Card on Saturday (11/24).

TimeLine
I became citizen (6/20/07)
Filed I-485 for Spouse - 6/29/07 - Already had approved I-130 as spouse of PR filed in 2003
Interview - Oct 4th, 2007 - Approved Pending NC
LUD changed on Nov. 20 and then 21 - Case approved
Got Welcome Letter - Nov 23rd, Got Card 11/24

I have fantastic news to share. My wife had her 485 Interview at Detroit in the first week of October, but case was not approved pending name check. We were very disappointed as my wife does not have a common Indian name and she is in country for last 7-8 years and still did not have GC.

Nothing happened till last week when LUD changed and then message said 'Case approved and mailed Notice...blah...blah".

We were shocked and even more so when we got the Welcome Letter on Friday (11/23) and Physical Card on Saturday (11/24).

TimeLine
I became citizen (6/20/07)
Filed I-485 for Spouse - 6/29/07 - Already had approved I-130 as spouse of PR filed in 2003
Interview - Oct 4th, 2007 - Approved Pending NC
LUD changed on Nov. 20 and then 21 - Case approved
Got Welcome Letter - Nov 23rd, Got Card 11/24

This is fantastic news indeed. Congratulations to you and your wife :) Hope the positive news continues for the rest of us here :)

Missed One Detail

When we asked during interview, the interviewer told us that name check was submitted in July 07. Do not remember the exact date but it was 17 or 21. So assuming they got the clearance from FBI in first week of November, it almost took almost 3.5 months.

Guys, do not lose hope. We sincerely wish you the best and hope you get approved soon. Best of luck!