FBI Name Check

Attached the FBI Name check info

FBI name checks, one of the security screening tools used by USCIS, may be the single biggest obstacle to the timely and efficient delivery of immigration benefits. The problem of long-pending FBI name check cases worsened during the reporting period.
• As of May 2007, USCIS reported 329,160 FBI name check cases pending;
• Approximately 64% (211,341) of those cases have been pending more than 90 days and approximately 32% (106,738) have been pending more than one year;
• There are now 93,358 more name check cases pending than last year, and 31,144 FBI name check cases pending more than 33 months as compared to 21,570 last year;

Not necessarily , there are lot of people on this forum and other immigration forums who belong to other nationalities , france , malaysia , japan , britain , australia , they are also stuck in name check , well its unfortunate but what can one do its a rotten system

Hey Lenova,

Where were you able to get those statistics. It looks like some kind of a report. Can you share the link for the report?

Also, Hiram,

Did you hire a lawyer for Law suit?

I received a letter from FBI today. The purpose of the letter was to stress the difference between FOIPA and background check. Of course, this was of limited importance for me. Nevertheless, it was interesting to read that FBI had received mention from me through the office of the president where I sent a letter back in July 2007.

NCGC06, sorry I didn't reply to your question earlier. It is true that I moved while my application was pending. I filed the change of address forms and now I depend on Charlotte for infopass appointments. I regret but I don't have any idea whether moving to a different state delayed my application...

Akdun

Hiram,

Did you hire the attorney or file the case yourself?

Akdun
I filed the Mandamum myself through the help of this forum
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194681&page=457

I showed my mandamus (after i had written it and filed it) to a few lawyers and their head started spinning and all said it was written in an excellent way.. of course that would have not happened if it was not for the help of pple in that forum i mentioned above.. basically filing a mandamus is extremly easy.. it is one template (u can get it from the forum) and all u need is just update ur name and address and your dates.. it is veryyyyyyyy easy.. i would not suggest anyoneeeeeeeeeee to file a Mandamus through a lawyer and waist a penny.. i have seen my 3 friend's mandamuses and mine is way way way better....

however, when i got my motion to dismiss from the AUSA, I hired a lawyer to do my opposition... the forum will help you do your opposition as well, but i did not have the time nor the will, since writing an opposition takes about 15-20 hours, while writing the Mandamus takes at the most 1 hour....

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194681&page=457

One more data point...

I have been an ardent follower of this thread. Thanks.
Here is my timeline. I have been stuck in namecheck for nearly 6 months now.

gk6

-------
H1-B married to USC
Nationality: Indian
D.O: Manchester, NH
3/19/07: Mailed forms to VSC (my mistake should have mailed to Chicago lockbox)
3/21/07: RD
3/30/07: ND
4/2/07: Checks encashed
4/3/07: Received receipt notice in mail with the RD and ND mentioned above.
4/7/07: Received FP appointment notice in mail
4/17/07: FP done
4/12/07: I130 updated
4/19/07: I485 updated
5/10/07: I130 and I485 updated
6/4/2007: Interview at Manchester (Interview went well...lasted about 10 minutes...but FBI name check clearance hadn't yet come through so did not receive a stamp on my passport)
6/5/2007: Received e-mail that I130 has been approved

Name check pending

We are still struck.. Please update ..any body got approval after pending FBI name check recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been an ardent follower of this thread. Thanks.
Here is my timeline. I have been stuck in namecheck for nearly 6 months now.

gk6

-------
H1-B married to USC
Nationality: Indian
D.O: Manchester, NH
3/19/07: Mailed forms to VSC (my mistake should have mailed to Chicago lockbox)
3/21/07: RD
3/30/07: ND
4/2/07: Checks encashed
4/3/07: Received receipt notice in mail with the RD and ND mentioned above.
4/7/07: Received FP appointment notice in mail
4/17/07: FP done
4/12/07: I130 updated
4/19/07: I485 updated
5/10/07: I130 and I485 updated
6/4/2007: Interview at Manchester (Interview went well...lasted about 10 minutes...but FBI name check clearance hadn't yet come through so did not receive a stamp on my passport)
6/5/2007: Received e-mail that I130 has been approved

Name check pending

Hi all,
I note with interest that gk6's I-130 was approved the day after the interview. It is been a month since my interview and the interviewer clearly said that she is approving our petition but I have not received the I-130 approval yet.

Are there any thoughts as to why some people get their I-130 approved after several days/weeks and others are still waiting for the I-130 without any updates?

Still stuck in Namecheck. Filed and receipt my 2nd EAD. However, they sent me EAD card with the dates of 1st EAD card.

Does anybody with similar experience in terms of typo error on the EAD card and how did they go about in correcting the error. Did they take infopass and DO issued a new EAD card with correct information or did they send the card back to the USCIS service center - NBC (This is the advise given by USCIS service center, which I am not sure about).

Please advise.

same here , on october 22 it will be 60 days for me , my lawyer said that dont worry about the 130 , it will come along with the 485 approval , meanwhile I have an infopass setup on 23rd of this month

Name check time line

I have been following these forums for quite some time now, but only recently I could become a member. This is my time line:

ncgc2006

ncgc2006
i have the exact same dates as u.... and name check pending since Nov 2005 !

I-765, I-131

Hi JMG1010,

I noticed that you filed your I-131 and I-765 electronically and then sent some documents by mail. Would you please let me know what supporting documents you sent by mail?
When filing I-765 electronically, instructions state that you don't need to send photos...so I am wondering if you sent a copy of govt. issued ID for I-765?
Similarly what documents did you send for I-131?

Thanks,
gk6