FBI Name Check

I have a question here,

If my name check having been processed for over two years, will USCIS issue a 10-years green card to me or just a conditional green card?

Hello French Maid

yes it is indeed very very frustrating , I was planning to visit my parents this december whon I have not met past 5 years , although I have my advance parole document I am still a little skeptical to travel because of this stupid immigration system , this situation is destroying peace in families , infact breaking families to be very precise , all these people care about is money , OK if you need money for expedite processing let us know i am ready to pay whatever it take to get this stupid name check cleared

anyway , there is nothing we can do about the situation except trying all means and avenues to secure the Green Card as quickly as possible , I would strongly advise to write to the congressman , senator , FBI ( send them an foipa request) , the interview officer , ombudsman , it might help to take the case forward , also you would be collecting evidence that you have tried all means and avenues of making case enquiries in case you need to file a WOM suit against the uscis

yes it is indeed very very frustrating , I was planning to visit my parents this december whon I have not met past 5 years , although I have my advance parole document I am still a little skeptical to travel because of this stupid immigration system , this situation is destroying peace in families , infact breaking families to be very precise , all these people care about is money , OK if you need money for expedite processing let us know i am ready to pay whatever it take to get this stupid name check cleared

anyway , there is nothing we can do about the situation except trying all means and avenues to secure the Green Card as quickly as possible , I would strongly advise to write to the congressman , senator , FBI ( send them an foipa request) , the interview officer , ombudsman , it might help to take the case forward , also you would be collecting evidence that you have tried all means and avenues of making case enquiries in case you need to file a WOM suit against the uscis

Frantic,

I believe that they are not accepting WOM's anymore. So we really have no way of moving forward on this. I think they started getting flooded with WOM's and put a hault to it. This just shows that the system is broken.

Just know you aren't alone in this!

It will still be a conditional Green Card

How so could it be? If the namecheck has been pending and gets cleared after two years, then the marriage will be more than 2 years old. So why should he still be given a conditional green card? Does it mean the green card will still begin from the date he had his interview?

helpless no customer service

2 years since applications and over 18 months since interview with name check still pending despite letters to congressman, senator, ombudsman and first lady with no real help I tried to call the customer service again today. Guess what?
she said you have called tooooooooooo many times already and if you need any information you need to make an infopass appointment. I tried to convince her to send a request to fiedl office. she would not listen, said these calls are 100% monitored etc and I need to go to local office. Then she hung up.

I am totally frustrated. I guess there is no hope of expediting the process by any means. writing to different departments and politicians does not work at all. It is just a waste of time. I think the things take their natural course and one day you wake up with email or mail notifying you of your approval.

When that day will come is any body's wild guess.

travel on AP

yes it is indeed very very frustrating , I was planning to visit my parents this december whon I have not met past 5 years , although I have my advance parole document I am still a little skeptical to travel because of this stupid immigration system
Franticsky,
I have travelled in and out of the US 3 times this year since April with my AP document. It was completely hassle-free. My personal opinion is unless you have something in your background that might prevent you from returning to the US, you should be able to re-enter without any problem. The immigration guys just look for the validity of the document, they don't check anything or the computer when you show them the AP. Make sure you have a current AP and you should be fine.

not true

You can still file a law suite and yes they still work (slam dunk for N400 cases who have been waiting for more than 120 days after their interview)... and a little bit more work for I-485 but they are alllllllllllllllllllllllll expediting cases....
If you have been waiting for more than 120 days on ur citizenship, file a lawsuite.. if u have been waitng for more than 18 months on your I-485 and have already sent letters to FBI, Congressmen, Sentars and USCIS, then file a lawsuite...
they will file a motion to dismiss, and u would write an opposition and may lose the court order ... but this is not the point... it doesnt matter what the judge rules.. when you file a law suit, the USCIS will get your file from some forgotten shelf collecting dust and actually work on it... if u're N400 it will be expedited, if u're I-485 then it will be placed in a different line for processing... and may take 6 months for it to be completed.. but bottom line, it doesn't matter if u lose your court law suit... what matters is to get them to move their lazy bums and work on the case !!!!!
Good luck!

WOM's work

Hi French Maid

The WOM's still work , if you need more information about the same , please subscribe to the namechecktracker group on yahoo , you can see many cases where WOM's have worked in the past and they are still working

Thanks MN77845 for your input on advance parole , I do not have anything in my background which may prevent me from re-entering , havent been out of status for even a second during my stay in the US , the only reason I am skeptical is what if !! , if i was single it wud not have been a problem , i wud have stayed in my country , but now i am married have a family if something happens my entire life , my family gets screwed for no fault of mine , as it is I am geting screwed by this stupid immigration of not being able to visit my parents

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Action Alert: Report Immigration Delays

ACTION ALERT: REPORT IMMIGRATION DELAYS

Since September 11th 2001, individuals of South-Asian, Arab and Muslim backgrounds have experienced inordinately long delays in the processing of their immigration and citizenship applications.

Based on successful resolution of such cases brought to the attention of various CAIR chapters across the country, CAIR-PA is currently pursuing appropriate action on behalf of individuals whose waiting time has exceeded statutory limitations.

ACTION REQUESTED: If you currently live in Pennsylvania and are experiencing delays or know of someone who is, please submit our Immigration Delay report form (http://pa.cair.com/index.php?Page=immdelay&Side=crights ) to find out if your case qualifies for assistance.

I-485 delay question

Hello all,

My I-485 was filed on 2/20/2005 based on my marriage to a USC. I was married for 5 years before filing the I-485. My wife became a USC on 1/1/2005.

I moved from Boston to North Carolina last year (8/06). I filed the AR11 form promptly to get my case transferred to NC. I got a confirmation that my address has been updated in the system. I called USCIS to check the status of my application (I-485) last week and was surprised to hear that my case is still in Boston! She asked me to write a letter to the Boston office asking them to transfer the case to Charlotte, NC. I did that immediately.

Meanwhile, my online status for I-485 says:

Review of the fingerprints taken relating to this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS has been completed. Processing of this case continues. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

(It was last updated on 8/31/06 - and hasn't been updated since)

Notice how the online status says my case is in National Benefits Center! Where exactly is my case??

I have been applying for EAD and AP for the last two years. I want to join a company but they're insisting that I get my green card first - it's a great opportunity, and I don't want to lose it. They don't want to hire me based on my EAD.

What are my options? I got an appointment with a lawyer in NC - can the lawyer help me in any way? Can I or the lawyer still file the WOM? I heard that you can't file the WOM anymore. Is that true? There is no mention that my case is stuck in name check - I'm just assuming that it is, based on the posts I had read in this forum. Should I contact a senator? If so which senator? One in NC or one in Boston?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Complete Rumour

Its a complete Rumour that you cannot file a WOM , hire a good lawyer , WOM WORKS AND WILL WORK , for more informatin please subscribe to namechecktracker on yahoo groups

sr9x

I am sorry to inform you that form AR11 DOES NOT UPDATE YOUR ADDRESS ON SPECIFIC PENDING CASES... It only updates (and is required) to update your address with Home Land Security. Your wife needs to submit form I-865 to update her address, and you need to submit an online change of address on each pending case for your case to be transferred.

YOU must make an info pass and talk to someone and see what the heck is going on. If you want to sue, you need to know what you are suing for and who to sue and provide documentation that you did your best to understand what's wrong with your case. This is top priority !

for WOM, it would be good if you show that u contacted the sentaors and congressmen as well.. but as i said, make an infopass apt, and ask where your file is, and why it is pending..

So am I screwed?

I didn't know about the I-865! I could ask my wife to submit it asap, but it's already been a year since we moved. Will that affect my application negatively??

I'm getting worried now.

I am sorry to inform you that form AR11 DOES NOT UPDATE YOUR ADDRESS ON SPECIFIC PENDING CASES... It only updates (and is required) to update your address with Home Land Security. Your wife needs to submit form I-865 to update her address, and you need to submit an online change of address on each pending case for your case to be transferred.

YOU must make an info pass and talk to someone and see what the heck is going on. If you want to sue, you need to know what you are suing for and who to sue and provide documentation that you did your best to understand what's wrong with your case. This is top priority !

for WOM, it would be good if you show that u contacted the sentaors and congressmen as well.. but as i said, make an infopass apt, and ask where your file is, and why it is pending..

2 years since applications and over 18 months since interview with name check still pending despite letters to congressman, senator, ombudsman and first lady with no real help I tried to call the customer service again today. Guess what?
she said you have called tooooooooooo many times already and if you need any information you need to make an infopass appointment. I tried to convince her to send a request to fiedl office. she would not listen, said these calls are 100% monitored etc and I need to go to local office. Then she hung up.

I am totally frustrated. I guess there is no hope of expediting the process by any means. writing to different departments and politicians does not work at all. It is just a waste of time. I think the things take their natural course and one day you wake up with email or mail notifying you of your approval.

When that day will come is any body's wild guess.

File a WOM remeron

sr9x

better late than sorry
the I-865 needs to be mailed as a change of address form for a pending I-130 than ur wife submitted. send it certified with a proof of delivery.
the rest of the pending applications u can do online on the uscis web site (u will get a confirmation number) or on the phone (and u will NOT get a confirmation number). make sure if u talk to them on the phone to tell them this is not the ar-11 but the pending applications.. they dont know what they are doing sometimes
also make an infopass apt. and go talk to them face to face.. get this resolved asap!