FBI Name Check

Approved!!

:) Went to my 2nd interview yesterday and found out my NC was cleared and my I-130 and I-485 got approved!!:) Officer told me that I should receive GC within 4 weeks.
Please update the table on the first page.

Congrats appleyao !

I am scheduled for 2nd interview on 15th March at Fedreal Plaza, NY & gave my code1 FP y'day. Please share yur interview experience, your experice will be really helpful to us for interview preparation.

Thanks

Congrats appleyao !

I am scheduled for 2nd interview on 15th March at Fedreal Plaza, NY & gave my code1 FP y'day. Please share yur interview experience, your experice will be really helpful to us for interview preparation.

Thanks

Because the officer who did our 1st interview didn't collect any of our joint document, my 2nd interview was really the 1st interview. The officer collect all joint document and asked a few questions about current address, job, last vacation together and wedding...
I think because my NC wasn't clear when I had my 1st interview, the officer didn't collect anything. After my NC cleared, they need all the document on file, so they did a 2nd interview.
I'm not sure about your situation. One thing I know if you were stuck at NC, 2nd interview is absolutely a good sign.:)

Thanks for sharing yur experience. I understanf my FP since it was done 2 yrs back but dont understand I-864 any ideas...

My case history is as follows...

----------------------
PD: April 30 2001
485 RD: April 22 2004
Finger print for 485 done on June 21 2005 (index finger, 10 fingers, picture & signature done)
Interviewed at NY Federal Plaza on July 13 2005
EAD 09/19/06
Got married & filed for my wife's 485 & EAD 01/10/07 & as of today we are
waiting for her 485 receipt
LUD change on 02/24/07
Letter received 02/27/07 for FP & Interview dated 02/22/07
FP on 03/01/07 9AM
Interview at Federal Plaza o 03/15/07 10AM

---------------------------

Appleyao, congratulations! I am glad it's over for now. :)
:) Went to my 2nd interview yesterday and found out my NC was cleared and my I-130 and I-485 got approved!!:) Officer told me that I should receive GC within 4 weeks.

Finally done with FBI NC and got the card today.

Hi all,

My wife finally got her card today. This forum has provided me a lot information that help us went through this painful process and comforted us when we were confused. For those that are still pending, we wish you the best of luck to get it soon. We only went to IRS queried once and was told that no change back in 10/06. It just proves that infopass wont help or speed up anything.

The 130 is still pending(has the same msg in the last 6 months) in the system, I guess I will just ignore it for now. Or do I need to do anything else?

Here is the timeline.

Sent all forms (i-130, i-131, i-765 and i-485) 5/4/06
FP done in 5/31/06
Got i-131 and i-765 around mid July in the mail
Interviewed at 8/9/06 approved but pending FBI name check. The officier did mention that FP check is cleared.

10/06, info pass
2/22/07 email notification of Welcome letter
2/28 got the notice in mail
3/5 Got the card.

... I dont see many people in this namecheck thread with District Office is Santa Ana, California....Actually none except myself....

Re-Interview and Entrepreneur question

I am married to a USC since Nov 2003. We were interviewed in April 2004 and our application was "approved pending FBI approval". Since then our application has been stuck in FBI name check. Yesterday, I got a mail from USCIS for a re-interview in the San Jose office in April.

Here are my questions:

1) Are re-interviews common - given that in the last visit the officer mentioned that the application is approved.

2) Does the re-interview mean that my FBI name check got cleared?

3) Recently I started my own company and I have not being drawing a salary. Its a Delaware based company and I can easily prove that I am a founder. Is that an issue?

4) Since we have been married for over 3 years now, do we still have to go though the conditional green card for the next 2 years?

Thanks for all your help.

Do you know exactly when your I485 was approved?

2nd interview question

Thanks,
Now, start the waiting game of remove conditional GC.

Congratulations on the approval of GC! I was hoping you could advice me a bit:

- Married to USC. Applied for AOS in Jan 2004.
- Fingerprinting and interview Feb 04, April 04
- Application accepted pending FBI name check
- Just got a notice for a 2nd interview (In the meantime, I have applied for EAD, Advance Parole 3 times, multiple fingerprinting, etc.)

Here are my questions:
1) Are re-interviews common - given that in the last visit the officer mentioned that the application is approved.

3) Recently I started my own company and I have not being drawing a salary. Its a Delaware based company and I can easily prove that I am a founder. Is that an issue?

4) Since we have been married for over 3 years now, do we still have to go though the conditional green card for the next 2 years?

Congratulations on the approval of GC! I was hoping you could advice me a bit:

- Married to USC. Applied for AOS in Jan 2004.
- Fingerprinting and interview Feb 04, April 04
- Application accepted pending FBI name check
- Just got a notice for a 2nd interview (In the meantime, I have applied for EAD, Advance Parole 3 times, multiple fingerprinting, etc.)

Here are my questions:
Second interviews are not uncommon, especially if the first interveiw has been done more than 2 years ago.
I would assume so, but noting is set in stone with INS. I have seen citizenships revoked.
As long as your combined income is over 125% of the poverty line income. Nothing else matters, if your combined income wasn't suffecient you would have received an RFE or an intent to deny. Assuming you didn't get either letters you should be fine. Keep the company details to your self in the interview unless the officer brings up the issue or you have a reason to bring it up.
Since you have been married over 2 years you should receive the 'no conditions' greencard. Unless the CIR bill passes in the senate in the meantime. Part of the CIR is the conditional GC will be issued for 6 years. Since the bill is still in the formation stage and with the war debate in the Senate next week its very unlikely that the bill will pass before labor day.
Good luck !

As long as your combined income is over 125% of the poverty line income. Nothing else matters, if your combined income wasn't suffecient you would have received an RFE or an intent to deny. Assuming you didn't get either letters you should be fine. Keep the company details to your self in the interview unless the officer brings up the issue or you have a reason to bring it up.
Since you have been married over 2 years you should receive the 'no conditions' greencard. Unless the CIR bill passes in the senate in the meantime. Part of the CIR is the conditional GC will be issued for 6 years. Since the bill is still in the formation stage and with the war debate in the Senate next week its very unlikely that the bill will pass before labor day.
Good luck !

Ipoh,

Thanks for the reply. One clarification:

- why do you say I shouldnt bring up my own company details. I mean they have asked to see latest pay stubs, etc. Thats why I asked. My wife's salary is good enough. Again, I am under the impression that on an EAD and on AOS, I am allowed to start my own company in the US, right?

- I didnt receive any RFEs or Intent to Deny mails.

- I had no idea about this new law that could get passed. Wow! I hope we get the GC in April!!! Thanks for mentioning it.

Ipoh,

Thanks for the reply. One clarification:

- why do you say I shouldnt bring up my own company details. I mean they have asked to see latest pay stubs, etc. Thats why I asked. My wife's salary is good enough. Again, I am under the impression that on an EAD and on AOS, I am allowed to start my own company in the US, right?
Even the best immigration attorneys take a weak stand on the company's started by non-immigrant visa holders. As of now your status is pending AOS. My attitude towards any interview is 'Don't ask - don't tell' unless you believe there is a resonable benifit to you. Keep the interview short and sweet. If they ask you for pay stubs, you might have to bring up the company. But for family based interview you will be asked for W-2's and/or tax returns.
- I didnt receive any RFEs or Intent to Deny mails.

- I had no idea about this new law that could get passed. Wow! I hope we get the GC in April!!! Thanks for mentioning it.
I hope so too. Then again, we don't know the final flavor of the bill that will be on the presidents desk and a big WHEN !
Good luck to you.

My attorney told me that you can get a good idea about whether your name check will take a while by how many hits you get on google when you enter your own name. I was wondering whether anyone stuck in name check has seen how many google hits they get.

-also, is there an LUD for the I-485 when namecheck is done??

serously, i don't believe this...i am french and my name is everything but common (not sounding middle eastern either)...so i am absolutely clueless at to why it is still pending since the interview on 2/22/06..i have a feeling it is just so random...i am about to get an INFOPASS apointment

How long should I Waite before I start action?

This thread has been very helpful. I sent in my I-485 and I-130 on January 6, 2007. Did my biometrics on Jan 19, 2007. Did the interview on February 14, 2007. I-130 approved on 2/15/2007 and I-485 is pending Name check.

The process was very fast, however, I don't want to fall victim to the name check problem.

My question is; when should I start taking action with things like writing letters, info pass, calling the 800 number, and threat to sue? especially that, there is a new law in the horizon, if passed will make my GC conditional for 6 years.

Please let me know what you think..

Rajman 2