FBI Name Check

Hi all,

sorry for not updating the main list before. was busy at work and hence couldnt do this for quite some time.

Anyways I went trhough all the posts and cwtt, oceanid99, miamilover all ur info has been added to the waiting list. UnionJax has been moved down to the approved list.

I was hoping that there would be more entries to move down....anyways.....we still gotta wait....

WERR said:
Dear Chrisz

After your profile was updated and before you got the magic emails, Did you get an info pass? and what did they tell you (pending or cleared name check)? Because this is the million dollars question, because in my case and Hiddendragon case we noted LUD update and we got an info pass but they told us that we are still stuck. Please shed some light on this issuej

Thanks
Ye, it is a million-dollar question, :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
After LUD, I simply waited for a few weeks. During that period, nothing had happened. Then I made inforpass in federal plaza, the lady at 8th floor told me that my files is at garden city, not federal plaza. She told me that she doesn't have any access to my files, and asked me to filled up a inqury form (she was kinda inpatient). At the end, she told me that it would take 30 days to get to garden city :eek: , then ask ed me to LEAVE.
Next day, i drove to garden city, the front desk guy just told me that my name check was still pending, and filled up inqury form. Nothing was productive.
Then wait again, called 1800 number, they also got my information and told me that I should hear something within 30 days. After 2 weeks of my call, my case got approved.
Hope this would help you guys.
Good luck...

chrisz and WERR,
I had very similar expeirence (except for the magic email part :() I went to my DO for Infopass and was told my case was still pending name check. I filled out an inquiry form and was told I should hear from them in 30-60 days. I haven't heard anything from them yet.
The next day, I called the 1800 number and the customer rep. read to me my case status from the computer screen which was exactly the same as what I can see in the online system. I was refused to be told why my case was still pending and I was even refused to be patched to an immigration officer. Instead, the rep. filled out an inquiry form for me. In 2 days, I got the reply back (regarding the inquiry I made on the 1800 call), saying that my case was still pending security check and they would do their best after they hear back from FBI....

shahpr787,

It's good to see you back

You could move me down to the approved list too, I received my GC in the mail on 8/28/06.

I pray that every one still waiting will get cleared too soon

Thanks

Hiddendragon38 said:
chrisz and WERR,
I had very similar expeirence (except for the magic email part :() I went to my DO for Infopass and was told my case was still pending name check. I filled out an inquiry form and was told I should hear from them in 30-60 days. I haven't heard anything from them yet.
The next day, I called the 1800 number and the customer rep. read to me my case status from the computer screen which was exactly the same as what I can see in the online system. I was refused to be told why my case was still pending and I was even refused to be patched to an immigration officer. Instead, the rep. filled out an inquiry form for me. In 2 days, I got the reply back (regarding the inquiry I made on the 1800 call), saying that my case was still pending security check and they would do their best after they hear back from FBI....
I just typed lots of stuff, however i clicked wrong botton.
Here is what I think:
If your name check is back to USCIS, then by calling or inforpass, will exceed your processing time. Otherwise, there is nothing USCIS could do. They just keep waiting from FBI.
Dragon, werr, hang on there, keep calling every 15 days. If you see LUD, call them or make inforpass right the way, and go there ask them straight on what is going on regarding on LUD.
By the way, how long it will take them to send GC to me? Do I need to get passport stamped or not?
Thanks and best wish...

chrisz

It took about 8days for mine to come after receiving the approval e-mails & you do not need to get stamp once you've got the actual card

Good luck

Hi all,
Looks like my husband's namecheck is cleared.

Today I recieved three emails from USCIS that " On August 30, 2006, a welcome notice was mailed for this case."

I am really happy and I still can't believe its ture specially sfter hearing so many horror stories.

BTW funny thing is just today my husband had an infopass appointment and he had been told that his case is still pending and they can't tell him how long woudl it take to get resolved. and one more thing his last lud was on 7/20 so that could prove "chrisz's" theory that change of lud could mean they are started working on your case or something.

Anyway I pray for everyone that thier cases would get resovled soon.

Thanks

ip_everywhere,

Congratulations on your hubby namecheck cleared & I do understand the feelings too, I was very excited the day I got my e-mails too & was not sure I slept all night.

I think the theory of the LUD could be true bcos I had several update on my case although the msg did not change untill the approval e-mail shows up in my in box.

Pray everyone still waiting get appoved soon too

Good luck

Hi All,

Thanks everyone!

Shahpr can you update my status.

Here are the timeline:

ND:3/2/06
ID:06/29/06
welcome letter: 8/30/06

Thanks

justnew said:
ip_everywhere,

Congratulations on your hubby namecheck cleared & I do understand the feelings too, I was very excited the day I got my e-mails too & was not sure I slept all night.

I think the theory of the LUD could be true bcos I had several update on my case although the msg did not change untill the approval e-mail shows up in my in box.

Pray everyone still waiting get appoved soon too

Good luck

Hi All,

It's my first time to post on the thread. My interview was on 3/15/06 and I am still waiting. I did have LUD on both I-130 and I-485, but it was on 6/15/06, which is 2.5 months ago. The interview officer told me the application is pending on background check. I called the 1800 number and they said Chicago is processing cases with I-485 receipt date in Oct 2005. Since my receipt says Aug 2005, the person filed an inquiry for me...

Not sure what else I can do with it.

When does the FBI actually start the name check?

Hi

I am curious when does FBI receive the information for name check. Is it after we go for biometrics? How long does it just "sit" in some machine before the name check process actually starts?

I am trying to get a idea as to which month's data is FBI processing.

I485 Interview done pending name check

Our interview was done in less than 10 minutes.
The officer asked simple questions like my name, DOB, current address, employer etc…
After that he asked us to show some documents which show that we are living together?
We showed our bank a/c statements, car insurance, credit cards etc…
He took the copies of those documents.
He was very satisfied with our answers and told us that my I458 will be approved as soon as my name check is done. When we asked how long would it take to get the name check done? He told that it might take from 2 days to 5 years...
He took my I94 and told us that he will work on my EAD and AP.

Here is my status and time line:

H1-B married to USC
06/05/06 RD
06/10/06 ND
06/28/06 FP
08/31/06 Interview in Santa Ana, CA
08/31/06 (I130 approved. I485 pending for name check)
Waiting for Name Check :(

We had interview today in houston. FBI name is pending. Officer said these days interview happens first that lot of people are struck in the Name check. Does any one have an idea as to how long it takes in an average ?

Timeline:
DO: Houston
I-130, I-485, I-765, i-131 sent to Chicago by Fedex: 06/21/06
Package delivered: 06/22/06 at 9:am
RD - 06/22/06
ND: I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131: 06/27/06
Checks cashed: 06/27/06
Received NOA for I-485,I-130, I-765,I-131 - 06/29/06
LUD (I-485,I-130, I-765,I-131): 07/03/06
FP notice Received - 07/16/06( ND - 07/13)
FP taken - -7/20( actual appoinment date is 07/27)
Interview notice received - 07/27
interview date - -09/06 - FBI Name check pending

3 LUDs after interview, approved but pending FBI NC.

Had interview on 8/8/06, approved but name check pending. Then we had 3 LUDs on all my cases(I-485, I-130, I-131 and AD) on 8/12/06, 8/16/06 and then again today 9/7/06. EAD and AD was approved in July. My question is what this mean and should we schedule a infopass? thanks. dqdq.

abhp123 said:
No, not yet. The only thing I did was a FOIA with the FBI which returned as a 'no hit'. And my LUD did not change at all after they updated it on receiving my response to the RFE.

when did you file your FOIA? We had interview yesterday and our case got approved but FBI name check is pending. I would like to file FOIA if that makes any difference...

Just now saw a thread that NDC121 was approved (his ND was first week of April).

While it is not FIFO, at least it will give us in this thread some hope.

Yooooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooooooo

Relief !! Relief !! Relief !!
Excitement !! Excitement !!

I wrote the above reply today hanging on to hope, but guess what, I got 3 emails from CRIS today at 8pE that welcome letter has been mailed.

For those who are waiting, I will pray that yours will come through very soon.

Can you move my name to the second table?

I will have to thank a lot of people who has posted their experience and who have answered my questions directly. This forum has been very informational and helpful to me.

My spouse created a id "thanks2rajiv" and posted his Citizenship experience too.

2 years and 9 months to go to apply for Naturalization...and start the suspense period of FBI name check again :eek:
Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent an FOIPA request before the interview and received the no record result back before the interview, it took about 2 weeks. I didn't make any difference though, I was still stuck in name check. Although I don't know if stuck is the right word, from filing to approval it was about 5.5months. I wasn't even expecting to get an interview until about month 8.

Miamilover, at least you know when you apply for citizenship if at the time of interview you are stuck in namecheck you only have to wait 120 days before you are allowed by Federal statute to sue for adjudication.