FBI Name Check

Are you guys sure that hurrying FBI is a good idea?
I'd rather wait, even for years, than get a denial.

tapskap said:
Why have u waited this long?Did u file a suit?

Well, I waited for couple of reasons:

1. I didn't know what I could do. Now, I have discovered that I have a stronger case for a lawsuit

2. There was no pressing need for the plastic card. EAD and AP enabled me to continue with my job and travel. Now, I refuse to pump in more money in those. Moreover, there is a limit to wait.

3. I was worried if too much coaxing will put my case in a process path that is not usual. I don't want to be treated special. Now, I am anyway special as I have waited that long.

I haven't filed the suit yet. I will do it in Mid September.

Last edited by a moderator:
sarrebal said:
Are you guys sure that hurrying FBI is a good idea?
I'd rather wait, even for years, than get a denial.

Sarrebal,

Just curious here. Why would we get denial for hurrying? If there is a good reason, denial will be the result even if they complete name chack in 10 years. If there is no reason for denial, do you think they will make up something? I hope these are the only possibilities:

1. They complete the name check - Grant / Deny
2. If they can not complete in the given time, ask for more time.

But, then I don't know everything. I really wish that result will not be any different just because we asked them to hurry up.

memme said:
Sarrebal,

Just curious here. Why would we get denial for hurrying? If there is a good reason, denial will be the result even if they complete name chack in 10 years. If there is no reason for denial, do you think they will make up something? I hope these are the only possibilities:

1. They complete the name check - Grant / Deny
2. If they can not complete in the given time, ask for more time.

But, then I don't know everything. I really wish that result will not be any different just because we asked them to hurry up.

Like someone else noted, if court tells USCIS to make a decision with x amount of time and the check is not cleared?
Either they ask for more time (but then what are we suing for?), either they deny benefit.

sarrebal said:
Like someone else noted, if court tells USCIS to make a decision with x amount of time and the check is not cleared?
Either they ask for more time (but then what are we suing for?), either they deny benefit.

Not intending to debate. Here is my response:

The thing that is killing me with every passing day is "the uncertainity". I don't know if FBI:

- ever received the Name Check request?
- started working on it? or they lost it?
- completed it and missed on sending back to USCIS?
- has sent the results to USCIS, and then USCIS missed on updating? (this has happened with someone)

Unfortunately, if any of the above has happened, I might be waiting my whole life. Lawsuit will make USCIS to dig into it. I don't know how others feel, but if I get a FINITE timeline from these govt. agencies (CIS/FBI), I would be happy. If they ask for extra time, I hope that will be FINITE (I don't mind if it is another year) and then it will put an end to the UNCERTAINITY

Denial might be iminent when I deny their request for more time. I agree with that completely.

How much are you guys paying your lawyers to file writ? Mine quoted a very expensive price. Anyone have someone good in the south florida region?

please add my info

Hello,

please add my info. chin's up all of you. The country's Malaysia.

H1B married to USC
DO location: Norfolk, VA
11/2/05: sent applications to Chicago lock box
11/7/05: RD (Day 00)
11/16/05: ND (Day 10)
1/11/06: LUD (Day 65)
2/6/06: Infopass appointment (Day 91), received iEAD (good for 8 mths)
2/14/06: FP notice for 765, 485, notice received on 2/17/06 (Day 102)
3/8/06: FPappointment for 765 (Day 124)
3/9/06: FP appointment for 485 (Day 125) but when requested, they allowed me to do both on 3/8/06
3/14/06: Received EAD in the mail (Day 130)
4/3/05: Received request for initial AOS interview (Day 150)
5/18/06: AOS interview (Day 195), pending name check

So I went to my Infopass today. As expected, I didn't get much out of it. I was told that my name check is still pending... The officer asked me to fill out a form called Adjustment of Status Inquiry and said they would look into my case and give me a reply within 30-60 days. However, she repeated the same thing again and again -- it's out of USCIS' hands and there is little they can do... she encouraged me to set up an infopass every other month to check on the status...

Q. on name check!

Here is my timeline.

Sent all forms (i-130, i-131, i-765 and i-485) 5/4/06
FP done in 5/31/06
Got i-131 and i-765 around mid July in the mail
Interviewed at 8/9/06 approved but pending FBI name check. The officier did mention that FP check is cleared.

After the interview, ALL i-130, i-131, i-765 and i-485 was updated on 8/12/06(3 days later) and then again ALL were LUDed on 8/16/06(a week later). The content are the same as before. Here are the couple of questions.

1. Is it typical the get LUDed on all 4 applications? even though the EAD and AP had been approved.

2. what do those 2 LUDs mean if it means anything?

thanks in advance. my DO is San Jose.

What is the difference between name check and background check? Is background check a generic term for all FBI-related checks? Thanks.

Got good news to share!!

Hi everyone,

I've got good news to share :) ;) :p :p ,

I received 6mails from USCIS last night that my 1-485 & I-130 have been approved and my approval letter & welcome letter was mail yesterday

I just want to say thank you to everyone on this forum; your kind words, encouragement & prayers has help make the waiting a success. I deeply appreciate your help, support & friendship.

I pray that everyone still waiting will get their name check clear soon

Cheers

justnew said:
Hi everyone,

I've got good news to share :) ;) :p :p ,

I received 6mails from USCIS last night that my 1-485 & I-130 have been approved and my approval letter & welcome letter was mail yesterday

I just want to say thank you to everyone on this forum; your kind words, encouragement & prayers has help make the waiting a success. I deeply appreciate your help, support & friendship.

I pray that everyone still waiting will get their name check clear soon

Cheers

Hey Congrats =o)..great news!

Thanks Unionjax,

I still can't believe I am approved. I've read the mails over & over again. it's just like a dream & I really thank God for it.

Let's keep in touch, I believe you will get your actual card few days before me. have you got the letter yet?

cheers

justnew said:
Thanks Unionjax,

I still can't believe I am approved. I've read the mails over & over again. it's just like a dream & I really thank God for it.

Let's keep in touch, I believe you will get your actual card few days before me. have you got the letter yet?

cheers

Yeah, its a nice feeling to know you're approved after worrying about the namecheck. I got my welcome letter on Friday Aug 18th, my last LUD was on 8.18.06. It stated that after approval a new card was ordered for me, haven't got it yet though.

For Justnew and Uniojax

Would you please guys shed some light about the LUD.

Did you guys get the Welcome letter before the emails?

How sensitive the LUD these days since we've been hearing news about a technical problem within the USCIS system and people have noticed that LUD is not sensitive. Please share your experience

WERR

WERR,

For me I just kept praying that the LUD I was getting on my case means something & it finally did.

Yes, the e-mails comes before the welcome letter & also my online msg change to the same content of the e-mails

cheers