FBI Name Check

Got welcome email

I received 3 emails from USCIS this morning about a welcome notice being mailed for my pending I-485. I had no emails for the corresponding I-130. I had applied in September 2004 and during my interview, I was told the my FBI name check was pending.

What does the welcome notice mean? Does it mean my case is approved? Having gone through several interactions with the USCIS with misleading information, I am cautious about these status updates.

Thanks,
Tinkerman
9/4/2006 - Applied I-485, I-130 in Houston
3/18/2006 - Interview - approved pending name check
MAR 2006- Case transferred to Dallas office
APR 2006 - 2nd FP
8/23/2006 - Welcome notice email received
8 Infopass appointments, 3 EADs, 3 APs
1 Letter to congressman, FOIPA request to FBI (no records)
1 Letter to USCIS director giving 30 day notice before I file for Writ of Mandamus (8/2/2006)
Waiting for GC........

Sounds like a real FBI name check got approved case (usually those ones approved in a month to half year are not real FBI name check which caused by your interview coming too fast), but your date is totally messed up since you said Sept 2004? Can you clairify your timeline and post again? Thanks!

tinkerman said:
I received 3 emails from USCIS this morning about a welcome notice being mailed for my pending I-485. I had no emails for the corresponding I-130. I had applied in September 2004 and during my interview, I was told the my FBI name check was pending.

What does the welcome notice mean? Does it mean my case is approved? Having gone through several interactions with the USCIS with misleading information, I am cautious about these status updates.

Thanks,
Tinkerman
9/4/2006 - Applied I-485, I-130 in Houston
3/18/2006 - Interview - approved pending name check
APR 2006 - 2nd FP
1 Letter to USCIS director giving 30 day notice before I file for Writ of Mandamus (8/2/2006)
Waiting for GC........

Last edited by a moderator:
zlin said:
Sounds like a real FBI name check got approved case (usually those ones approved in a month to half year are not real FBI name check which caused by your interview coming too fast), but your date is totally messed up since you said Sept 2004? Can you clairify your timeline and post again? Thanks!

Sorry, there were typos on my earlier post. Below is my correct timeline.

9/4/2004 - Applied I-485, I-130 in Houston (married to USC)
3/18/2005 - Interview - approved pending name check
APR 2006 - 2nd FP
Waiting for GC........

Since the interview:

HI, congratulations! I have one question: When you case transfered to Dallas, did they request to interview you again? Thanks.
tinkerman said:
Sorry, there were typos on my earlier post. Below is my correct timeline.

9/4/2004 - Applied I-485, I-130 in Houston (married to USC)
3/18/2005 - Interview - approved pending name check
APR 2006 - 2nd FP
Waiting for GC........

Since the interview:

No, they did not request another interview. But in the same week that they requested the file transfer, I got a letter asking to appear for my second FP. That letter was sent to my previous address in Houston and the ASC where I was to appear was also in Houston.

zlin said:
HI, congratulations! I have one question: When you case transfered to Dallas, did they request to interview you again? Thanks.

pending name check

1-485 filed 05/03/05
I-765 filed 08/05/05
FP2 biometrics 09/025/05
EAD card reciv. 01/20/06 :)
FP3 biometrics 04/22/06
Interview 08/02/06
Interviewer can't approve me, because NAME CHECK pending !!!!!! :confused:
today is August 24th 06, and nothing yet....................

Interview for 5 minutes but name check pending

We had our interview. Our interview was supposed to be at 11:45am but the officer misread it as 12:45 and thought that we were a no-show. He called us in at 12:45pm and asked for IDs passports etc. He did not want see any photos. He wanted only those documents for which I had copies - I had only bank statements and tax transcripts. He took that, however, he took my son's birth certificate and made a copy of it.

In 5 minutes, he was done with all stamping and sealing and approving. Unfortunately, he said the words I did not want to hear. He also said that this is happening very often nowadays as immigration process seems to be quicker than FBI name process. I thought till now that only the Immigration dept was incompetent, now, FBI is worse.

I have a very unique last name and am hoping that I will get the GC within the next month or two. My timeline is in the signature.

Approved!

My online status was changed to 'A welcome notice was mailed to you on Aug 25th......" :)
Guess I will be receiving the welcome notice soon. How lond does it take for you to receive the actual green card?

Pl' see the details in my signature.

Good luck to everybody!!!

hi, abhp123, congradulations! it's really good news.
I am praying every day my online status will change...
so did you solicit any external help? like congressman, senator, etc., etc.? did you do anything that might have expedited the name check process? oh, did your LUD change at all? (except for the weird interview cancelled one?)

congrats again!

No, not yet. The only thing I did was a FOIA with the FBI which returned as a 'no hit'. And my LUD did not change at all after they updated it on receiving my response to the RFE.

Hiddendragon38 said:
hi, abhp123, congradulations! it's really good news.
I am praying every day my online status will change...
so did you solicit any external help? like congressman, senator, etc., etc.? did you do anything that might have expedited the name check process? oh, did your LUD change at all? (except for the weird interview cancelled one?)

congrats again!

Got approved

Approved today and got emails.
seems name check is done.
interviewed on 4/19 and approved today
not bad... but kinda slow

Thanks for all your information and help. stay stong...
make infor pass and call 1800 should help little.

Best wish to all

chrisz said:
Approved today and got emails.
seems name check is done.
interviewed on 4/19 and approved today
not bad... but kinda slow

Thanks for all your information and help. stay stong...
make infor pass and call 1800 should help little.

Best wish to all
Can you give us your timeline? Are you one of those whose namecheck was not completed because of getting interview very early?

Thanks,

amishah said:
Can you give us your timeline? Are you one of those whose namecheck was not completed because of getting interview very early?

Thanks,
No
I filed in Jan 2004 and got interviewed on 4/2006. After interview, I was told i have to wait for Name check. Make inforpass, was told same story.
Then I call 1800, filed inqury and approve email was send out yesterday.

chrisz said:
No
I filed in Jan 2004 and got interviewed on 4/2006. After interview, I was told i have to wait for Name check. Make inforpass, was told same story.
Then I call 1800, filed inqury and approve email was send out yesterday.
Thanks Chris.
This gives us some hope. Somebody else's case filed in 2004 also just got approved. Seems like they are working on 2004 files now.

amishah said:
Thanks Chris.
This gives us some hope. Somebody else's case filed in 2004 also just got approved. Seems like they are working on 2004 files now.
if you have LUD, that means your name check is back and USCIS just need some time to approve it. should be very soon
good luck!

great new, chrisz! congrats.
As for LUD, did you have an LUD before receiving the magic email? I had an LUD on my I485 and I130 6 weeks ago, but nothing has happened yet... had Infopass, told I am still stuck...

Hiddendragon38 said:
great new, chrisz! congrats.
As for LUD, did you have an LUD before receiving the magic email? I had an LUD on my I485 and I130 6 weeks ago, but nothing has happened yet... had Infopass, told I am still stuck...
Thanks dragon,
my LUD was on 7/15(the date that they started working on my files. garden city person said). so yours should be done very soon i guess.

chisz,
Thanks for the info. :) My LUD was 7/16. Hopefully.... just hopefully... who knows, they might have just swept off some dust from my files. :( :) will keep everyone posted. thanks!

pending security check too...

DO: San Francisco. Country: China.

BTW, I have not got any LUD on my case after 6/21/06, is it normal? Even the approved 130 is not reflected (during the interview, the officer did say he's approving my case, and the only thing remaining is security check...)

LUD and the magic email..to Chrisz and Hiddendragon

Dear Chrisz

After your profile was updated and before you got the magic emails, Did you get an info pass? and what did they tell you (pending or cleared name check)? Because this is the million dollars question, because in my case and Hiddendragon case we noted LUD update and we got an info pass but they told us that we are still stuck. Please shed some light on this issuej

Thanks