FBI Name Check & Interview

ZAR

Registered Users (C)
Please response if anyone knows

1) Does USCIS will wait for my "Name Check" to be cleared before they send me Interview Letter?

2) Also, when the Name Check process Start?

the name check results are reported to the USCIS normally within 48 hours.

Hi Sree,

thanks for the response, I called FBI after few days of my FP done and they sent the result next day to USCIS, but I think that is different than Name Check.

Please response if anyone knows

1) Does USCIS will wait for my "Name Check" to be cleared before they send me Interview Letter?
They are only supposed to schedule interview only after name check as cleared. However, sometimes interviews get schedule eventhough the name check hasn't cleared.
2) Also, when the Name Check process Start?
Soon after initial processing, along with FP.

Thanks all of you for your kind response................I think I will just wait and hope for the best.

ZAR, Did you do a walk-in FP at Hartford. My FP date is 4/21, can I walkin any day and do a FP?

ZAR, Did you do a walk-in FP at Hartford. My FP date is 4/21, can I walkin any day and do a FP?

rps57,

I & my wife both done our FP at New Rochelle, NY.

I am not sure about Hartford, CT, you can try and they may ask you, why you want to do this early so just give them a valid reason.

Good Luck!

when i called uscis, they said that my case is in queue for the interview, and till its scheduled the status us going to remain as RFE (she sad its a glitch in their system). she also mentioned that the results of my checks havnt been through yet, national/international checks and freaked me out saying that it may take 6 months. well if the national target of N400 applications from start to oath is 5 months. I cant make out reading between lines.

i guess i am through with finger print checks as it was reported by fbi the very next day, now name checks !!!!!

when i called uscis, they said that my case is in queue for the interview, and till its scheduled the status us going to remain as RFE (she sad its a glitch in their system). she also mentioned that the results of my checks havnt been through yet, national/international checks and freaked me out saying that it may take 6 months. well if the national target of N400 applications from start to oath is 5 months. I cant make out reading between lines.

i guess i am through with finger print checks as it was reported by fbi the very next day, now name checks !!!!!

Hi, sreeleshk,

Which number did you call? 1-800-375-5283? I have done with my FP nearly two months but have not been scheduled for interview. I called FBI that my FP had been returned back to USCIS the same day. But there is nowhere to check my name check status. My wife did FP same day as me. She will have an interview next week.

Is there any way we can find out the status of name check? I called FBI and found out FP results were sent within few minutes of my FP.

The only way to find out your name check status is to call the USCUS and request to speak with a 2nd Level officer. You'll probably have to use one of the tricks often discussed on this forum, as 1st Level CSRs refuse to transfer callers most of the time. Also, you can schedule an InfoPass.

Does anyone know what kinds of names take a long time? For example, at this point in history, Muslims are being profiled, so does that mean such names will be the ones that get snagged in the search?

The only way to find out your name check status is to call the USCUS and request to speak with a 2nd Level officer. You'll probably have to use one of the tricks often discussed on this forum, as 1st Level CSRs refuse to transfer callers most of the time. Also, you can schedule an InfoPass.

Thanks Vorpal.

Sorry, I didn't come across the trick used to call and ask fro 2nd level officer. I will try to find out again. In case if you know or have any link in handy please forward it to me.

How long its advised to wait from actual FP to call and find out the name check status?

I just did my FP on 03/31.

I was happy until I read this thread thinking my FP results were sent back and no unneccessary delay. But, I hear there is another process called 'Name check'.

I have a question for all senior members:

When I do a name change, Will FBI do a name check on the new name too? What if my current name is fine but the new name has an issue, Will I be notified at the interview so I can stick with my original name? I happened to shorten my first and last name in N-400.

When I do a name change, Will FBI do a name check on the new name too? What if my current name is fine but the new name has an issue, Will I be notified at the interview so I can stick with my original name? I happened to shorten my first and last name in N-400.
If you do a name change as part of the naturalization process then FBI wouldn't do a name check on the new name. If however you do a name change externally during the process, then FBI will have to perform an additional name check on your new name.

If you do a name change as part of the naturalization process then FBI wouldn't do a name check on the new name. If however you do a name change externally during the process, then FBI will have to perform an additional name check on your new name.

Thanks Bobsmyth.

How did you get to talk to a FBI name check official? I thought applicants are not able to reach them by phone.

Hi Sree,

thanks for the response, I called FBI after few days of my FP done and they sent the result next day to USCIS, but I think that is different than Name Check.

Thanks Vorpal.

Sorry, I didn't come across the trick used to call and ask fro 2nd level officer. I will try to find out again. In case if you know or have any link in handy please forward it to me.

How long its advised to wait from actual FP to call and find out the name check status?

I just did my FP on 03/31.

I was happy until I read this thread thinking my FP results were sent back and no unneccessary delay. But, I hear there is another process called 'Name check'.

I have a question for all senior members:

When you call the 1-800 number, tell the 1st Level CSR that you submitted your application 2 months ago and still haven't received your NOA (receipt). That'll automatically trigger a transfer to a 2nd Level IO.