FBI Name Check & Interview

Does anyone know what kinds of names take a long time? For example, at this point in history, Muslims are being profiled, so does that mean such names will be the ones that get snagged in the search?

Not sure where did you get you information that Muslims are profiled in Name checks. For Name Check, it does not matter, same is done for everyone regardless and it does not help or expedite to profile. BTW I have Muslim friends who got their name check cleared faster than some of my friends who are Hindu or East European for example

I never said Muslims are being profiled for name checks; just in general. So, I was asking if, for this reason, these names are the ones that took a long time for name checks, but it's good to know that the name checks are not done that way.

ZAR,

I just started my process as well. I didn't know that we could followup with FBI on the FP results. What is the best method/number to call them up?

LongTermGC,

Once you done with your FP then just wait for 2-3 days and call this # 304-625-5590, you can select the following options which was mentioned by IPL-fan

The options are
2 - Individual
2 - Immigration FP status
9 - Customer service Agent.

Please note this phone # is good only for FP result not for FBI name check.

if you want to speak to a level 2 officer with the uscis, just tell the first person that u want to know if ur interview is scheduled and they will transfer it for sure

Fingerprint notice

when i called uscis, they said that my case is in queue for the interview, and till its scheduled the status us going to remain as RFE (she sad its a glitch in their system). she also mentioned that the results of my checks havnt been through yet, national/international checks and freaked me out saying that it may take 6 months. well if the national target of N400 applications from start to oath is 5 months. I cant make out reading between lines.

i guess i am through with finger print checks as it was reported by fbi the very next day, now name checks !!!!!

You should get it witin 90 days max but no more than 30 for 98% of all applicants:

Joint USCIS-FBI effort on reducing the Name Check backlog
On April 2, 2008 USCIS and FBI announced a joint plan eliminating the backlog of FBI Name Checks[29] The plan calls for putting additional resources into processing of FBI Name Checks requested by the USCIS and sets the following Name Check backlog elimination schedule:

May 2008. Process all name checks pending more than three years.
July 2008. Process all name checks pending more than two years.
November 2008. Process all name checks pending more than one year.
February 2009. Process all name checks pending more than 180 days.
June 2009. Process 98 percent of all name checks within 30 days and process the remaining two percent within 90 days.