Father Or Mother: Who Is Faster

mvquiroz

Registered Users (C)
I have a question: Is that true that the father I-130 process takes longer than the mother. I am the moter, and my daughter sent my papers in May and she got the approval notice. My fiance's son sent his papers in April, and he just got the first notice but not the approval one. We want to go to the live to the US together legally and I am afraid that his papers are going to take too much time.
Thanks so much.

I am not in the US, we are in Peru. My daughter sent my papers for I-130 in May and I just got approved. My fiance's son sent his in April and he is still waiting. So, my question is: Does the mother paperwork is faster than the father paperwork? or it is just a regular delay. Thanks.

children in USA are sponsoring their parents (two different children, sponsoring two different parents).

if they are both US citizens, there should not be any difference in processing times. at least there is not supposed to be one as far as categories/laws/etc.

Your daughter and your fiance's son, what states do they live in? They may different SCs.

I am not in the US, we are in Peru. My daughter sent my papers for I-130 in May and I just got approved. My fiance's son sent his in April and he is still waiting. So, my question is: Does the mother paperwork is faster than the father paperwork? or it is just a regular delay. Thanks.

One lives in Houston, the other one in Boston, but both paper were sent to the same place and both received the first notice which said: Received and Pending from Vermont.
Now, mine has been approved, and this was presented 20 days after my fiance's. That is why I was asking. Thank you all for the answers.

Houston is in Texas Service Center jurisdiction, and Boston is in Vermont Service Center jurisdiction.